Unique Weapons Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Been a while since I played, decided to pick TEATRC back up for some fun and silliness, and found that my old main savegame character had most or all of the Unique Weapons.

So, here's a short rundown of the ones I tend to roll with.

Zepuylos: The Spear of God/Spear of Emperor Sigismund/Spear of Sticking Things That Are A Mile Away/etc.
This is probably my favorite weapon in the game, hands down. It's insanely fast, has great piercing damage, does cut damage when swung instead of the normal, ****ty, blunt damage, and it's longer than all but a Landsknecht pike (which can't be used on a horse) or the long lance thingy that Demilances and LT Cavalry have. It's better than both though, so I don't complain. It's also amusing to tilt against Swadian knights with their own king's spear.

Elephant Gun: The Rifle of Shooty Shooty Pow Pow Mk1
Slow reload, super accurate, very powerful. Good for stationary snipers, or horse dragoons if you're feeling adventurous. Bring a good secondary with you, you'll only get a few shots off before the enemy closes. Very very good for firing into groups of more than five at long/medium range, and can pick off individual troops at medium/close range. If you find one, take it immediately.

Brunhild: Mondo's Sword of Bloodthirsty Piety +5 DEX +5 INT +5 STR +5 MAG -5 PENIS SIZE
As much as I like to leave allies with their own weapons (I play LT often), I'll pick up Brunhild for a good secondary to Zepuylos. It's a hand-and-a-half sword (theoretically), so it can be used with a shield, but its length also makes it good as a no-shield cavalry weapon. Has swaggity particle effects in WB, looks badass, is shiny, etc.

Balmuck: Prince-Sovereign Istvan Aleksy's +11 Sword of Removing Kebab
The best weapon for removing pesky Nirdamese and Ormeli Kebab from racially pure Grand Duchy. Actually a nice slicey slashy sword, but moreso if you're on foot. It's not quite long enough for sustained cavalry use. Pick up, but keep in a chest somewhere so it doesn't take up space.

Multi-Shot Pistol: You've got to ask yourself one question "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?
While this is no .44 Magnum (in all likelihood it probably fires a .58 musket ball, so much better), it will still blow a damn Laurian's head clean off. Or a Swadian's, or your own, if you let it. Six shots are better than one, but the reload time balances this out. Very useful for Dragoons, instead of rolling with two horse pistols. Plus, it's a goddamn flintlock revolver.

Rosebud: Touch my ****ing Sword and I'll Cut Your Goddamn Nuts Off
I tend to stay away from this. Imelda's a crazy *****, it's not long enough for cavalry work, it cuts okay but not the best, etc. It's decently fast though, and makes rose petals fall from the sky. If you're into that kinda thing, I guess.

Penetent: Ork WAAAAAGGGGHHHHH
Zalera the Mad's +5 Ork Sword of WAAAGGGHHH is a good choice for your first Unique. It tends to be the one I find first anyway, for whatever reason. Good cuts, nice speed, a bit short, but whatever. It looks sick as ****, though. I'd hang it up on the wall once I pick up Balmuck or Brunhild.

Hand Cannon: I'm sure my Cannoneers know not to aim in my general direction!
Makes things go boom. Very loudly. Staple of Ormelis and Kaiserlichers, not so much useful in the hands of a player. Very slow, very good power, but too much trouble. You'll easily kill too many people or nobody with this. Takes practice and luck to become decent at it.

Zoshonell: Holy **** My Hand is On Fire
This is basically a vanilla LT Broadsword with serrated edges and a zippo lighter taped to the blade. Elhaym is a crazy ho, so I tend to leave this one alone. Also 1H/2H, but nothing totally superior towards the others.

Gramrock, Fafniel, Isleberg, etc.
Can be fairly good on their own, I don't use them much.

So, what do you guys think of the Uniques? How do you roll with the gangsta lords?

Forgot Boleas, Bloodletter, the Massive Scythe of Hate, Telltale Mace and Procs
The weapons used by faction leaders also have extra penetration, which I don't think do anything unless you set the modifiers in module.ini

Remove Kebab. Hehe.

Well, I really like Zoshonell. It's recently been updated to deal piercing damage, which makes it a real painful thing despite its shortness. Besides, FIRE FIRE FIRE!

And the Hand Cannon? Dear lord, NPCs are useless with that. But I once racked up 3000 kills in one hour of play with it, so I won't complain (that savegame ended up with over 50000 kills, and I suspect the HC did most of them). A player with a hand cannon is a bloody game breaker.

The Elephant Rifle can be used to clear out sieges by sniping one man after another from outside their range, but that requires more patience than I have.

Fafniel is another nice one. I rarely have enough STR to use it, but seeing companions run around with a two-and-a-half-metre Flammard is pretty fun  :smile:

Somebody said:
Forgot Boleas, Bloodletter, the Massive Scythe of Hate, Telltale Mace and Procs
The weapons used by faction leaders also have extra penetration, which I don't think do anything unless you set the modifiers in module.ini

I didn't forget, I just don't use them all that often.

Shrugging Khan said:
Remove Kebab. Hehe.

Well, I really like Zoshonell. It's recently been updated to deal piercing damage, which makes it a real painful thing despite its shortness. Besides, FIRE FIRE FIRE!

And the Hand Cannon? Dear lord, NPCs are useless with that. But I once racked up 3000 kills in one hour of play with it, so I won't complain (that savegame ended up with over 50000 kills, and I suspect the HC did most of them). A player with a hand cannon is a bloody game breaker.

The Elephant Rifle can be used to clear out sieges by sniping one man after another from outside their range, but that requires more patience than I have.

Fafniel is another nice one. I rarely have enough STR to use it, but seeing companions run around with a two-and-a-half-metre Flammard is pretty fun  :smile:

Of course the HC has stupid killing ability. It's just too random for my tastes. I like the Elephant gun much better. I wish you could recruit the leaders of the unique parties, rather than them just dying. For example, when their faction is destroyed, they might pop off to a tavern to drink their sorrows away, and you could hire them from there.

Yes, you can change it so that they aren't always killed, but then you'd need to rescue them or recruit them as a prisoner.

I call my Handcannon the "One man siege stopper". There is nothing like a group of idiots bunched together trying to go up a ladder just to be blown away in one shot.

BTW. NPCs are not useless with it. Somehow they always seem to find a way to kill more of their own troops than the enemy´s. They are beyond useless.

Well in vanilla it used some form of crude ray-tracing to hit stuff. Which meant it hit allies pretty often, and I haven't bothered changing that.

As a bonus, here's some "updated" graphics for the unique weapons. Add load_mod_resource = TES4_OSP to module.ini, and open up item_kinds1.txt. Updated are brunhild (ds_bronzesword), elhaym (ds_elhaym), fafniel (greatflamberge), gramrock (dblhead_ax), and hate (ds_glaive). There's probably a few more that I touched up but forgot what they used to look like (post pics of the weapons that's in the current download?), since I replaced them in the primary BRF file and haven't looked back.

Somebody said:
Well in vanilla it used some form of crude ray-tracing to hit stuff. Which meant it hit allies pretty often, and I haven't bothered changing that.

As a bonus, here's some "updated" graphics for the unique weapons. Add load_mod_resource = TES4_OSP to module.ini, and open up item_kinds1.txt. Updated are brunhild (ds_bronzesword), elhaym (ds_elhaym), fafniel (greatflamberge), gramrock (dblhead_ax), and hate (ds_glaive). There's probably a few more that I touched up but forgot what they used to look like (post pics of the weapons that's in the current download?), since I replaced them in the primary BRF file and haven't looked back.

This good for 1.011 too?

I made a Telltale Mace for Dagorhir; It has served me well.  :mrgreen:  Didn't it used to be 1h/2h?

edit: nvm, just looked it up in the item editor; It wasn't in ch.3.  Maybe it was in ch. 2?

I like Zepuylos I jousted Sigmund from his horse one time only to be up heaved myself by a knight once my spear was lifted.

Back
Top Bottom