UllrVetr Bow

Users who are viewing this thread

Odd, I got the bow, Wolfbode was defeated by a Ravenstern blob without my help. The bow did not disappear. He spawned again, I fought him along with a Ravenstern Lord, then executed him after capture, I still have the bow. Maybe karma, the Ravenstern Lord rescued 300 prisoners and they immediately declared war on the Fierds who I was helping as a merc because the D'shar were playing with them like a pinata, smashing them easily. Beat the Ravenstern guy, Carolus, but it seems I've caused a world war, Sarleon has piled on the Fierds too, who seem to be very weak and helpless this time around. I never use auto-calc and I'm still a bit mystified on the relative strengths and weaknesses of the factions this time around.

Serazu said:
If the point is to earn a unique item, I'm all for it. Perhaps it would be a good idea if, for instance, once a player achieved GM status in a KO to be given a unique sword signifying his status. Something to make him on par with the 5 kings where unique equipment is concerned.

As for the

t is not designed to be in player possession for a long time

like I've already written, it stays in my possession even when Wolfbode is defeated.
There is already selection of unique weapons awaiable for player. They are called "rune".

As for the bow you just simply used exploit. Bow should loose its heavenly abilities when Wolfbode is defeated.

k0nr@d said:
Serazu said:
If the point is to earn a unique item, I'm all for it. Perhaps it would be a good idea if, for instance, once a player achieved GM status in a KO to be given a unique sword signifying his status. Something to make him on par with the 5 kings where unique equipment is concerned.

As for the

like I've already written, it stays in my possession even when Wolfbode is defeated.
There is already selection of unique weapons awaiable for player. They are called "rune".

As for the bow you just simply used exploit. Bow should loose its heavenly abilities when Wolfbode is defeated.

What exploit did I use? Are you referring to the fact that I put it in the chest when I acquire it? There's no point in keeping it in person if nobody in my army can use it. Besides, I never give the bow to a companion, neither do I use it myself. It sits in a chest gathering dust till I marry and give it to my wife along with other mementos of my adventuring days.

Serazu said:
k0nr@d said:
Serazu said:

As for the

What exploit did I use?

You know the bow is supposed to disappear after Wolfbodes defeat and you somehow try to finagle it in your method to keep it from leaving. Which is an exploit.

MitchyMatt said:
Serazu said:
k0nr@d said:
Serazu said:

As for the

What exploit did I use?

You know the bow is supposed to disappear after Wolfbodes defeat and you somehow try to finagle it in your method to keep it from leaving. Which is an exploit.

Read my edited post. I'm the last person in this forum to exploit things.

Epicrules said:
Putting it in a chest was supposedly patched as far back as 3.6, if memory serves, so that definitely suggests something's broken.

Only once do I remember the bow leaving my possession and it was in a playthrough where it was given to me and almost immediately Wolf got stomped. Each and every time I put it in a chest, it stays there.

MitchyMatt said:
Serazu said:
k0nr@d said:
Serazu said:

As for the

What exploit did I use?

I equiped this bow and used it defeated Wolfbode by myself and then the bow stay there , did not disappear , so it is a bug ?

Looks like this innovation doesn't work as originally intended. Perhaps it should be replaced with a flat +1 to a statistic or, even better, with a nice boost to the archery prof, courtesy of Ullr'Vetr. It feels somehow disturbing that evil gods such as Erida Occisor grant permanent buffs to the pc in acknowledgement of his prowess, while the good ones just send their regards.

I got the bow when going on campaign with some DShar lords in Ravenstern territory right outside of Fenbray, Wolfbode was spawned in and got it right then and there. Afterwards, Wolfbode was defeated so I expected to lose it but it never vanished from my inventory. I never placed it in a chest or sold it to a merchant, I've been using it for the past 200 days now. Is this really a bug? Because it doesn't seem like it should be. Kudos to the developers though, this new update is stellar.

Honestly, the bow has ALWAYS has spaghetti code. Sometimes it leaves, sometimes not. Sometimes it doesn't even appear even though Wolfy has been stomping the past 500 days only for the bow to appear AFTER you kick his ass...thus completely defeating the point...sometimes the god bow likes to duplicate itself upon gifting itself to you resulting in TWO bows. Which is hilarious.

I'm just waiting for the day the thing glitches so bad it turns itself into a ranged melee weapon...

I've had Wolfbode defeated by npc's in my game twice and once I joined the battle and I still have the bow. Actually annoyed it doesn't disappear as it feels too strong for the game progress I've made in 223 days.

Burzum said:
I've had Wolfbode defeated by npc's in my game twice and once I joined the battle and I still have the bow. Actually annoyed it doesn't disappear as it feels too strong for the game progress I've made in 223 days.
Bow is actually not that good. By day 223 you should have at least few nice Noldor Bows...

placenik said:
Burzum said:
Bow is actually not that good. By day 223 you should have at least few nice Noldor Bows...

Its better overall than the Noldor Composite Bow. Ill compare stats here (green for best one, red for worse):
                Ullrvetr    Noldor
Damage      39p        32p
Accuracy    89        95
Difficulty      7          6
Speed          97        94
Range          85        92
Price          3432      4001

The 7 extra damage with the extra attackspeed is more worth (imo) than the extra accuracy. I was surprised to see the Ullrvetr bow is cheaper than the Noldor Composite Bow.

Ralyks18 said:
placenik said:
Burzum said:

Its better overall than the Noldor Composite Bow. Ill compare stats here (green for best one, red for worse):
                Ullrvetr    Noldor
Accuracy    89        95

The 7 extra damage with the extra attackspeed is more worth (imo) than the extra accuracy. I was surprised to see the Ullrvetr bow is cheaper than the Noldor Composite Bow.
Range...
7 extra damage at point blanc aint much.
That's why I like Duskfall, or Noldor bow with "fine, strong.." modifier

From what I notice in the editor, there are at least *four* bows in this mod better than Ullr'Vetr's: the Heritage Daja (its stats are impressive - it's probably the best bow in the game), the Duskfall, the Sapphire Rune and the Noldor Composite one. I'd add the Darkwood too, which is just slightly worse than the Noldor one. Plus, the Manifest is dull looking (if one cares for such things). It has been literally years since I've acquired a Rune weapon (the normal ones and those the kings drop satisfy my needs), but I've already drank 3 elixirs and I had 3 QG to burn, so I was like "why not" and acquired the Sapphire bow. It's damn pretty-looking with mean stats. Plus, now I have my own unique weapon just every king should, even though I avoid ranged weapons on the field. It's not the same to loot something from an opponent and use it (though perfectly acceptable in the Homeric tradition) than to acquire a unique weapon and be the first ever to use it. I also renamed it via the editor and now it feels 100% unique.

Ralyks18 said:
placenik said:
Burzum said:

Ullrvetr    Noldor
Accuracy    89        95

I disagree, as Duskfall is my end game bow, accuracy is way better then just a few points of damage. Headshots do so much damage you want to be aiming for those almost every time, you can accomplish more with just a noldor bow then the god bow.

Rpground said:
Ralyks18 said:
placenik said:
Burzum said:

Ullrvetr    Noldor
Accuracy    89        95

[/spoiller]

I disagree, as Duskfall is my end game bow, accuracy is way better then just a few points of damage. Headshots do so much damage you want to be aiming for those almost every time, you can accomplish more with just a noldor bow then the god bow.
Its just a matter of playstyles. With high proficiencies, that accuracy difference is less noticeable and its just a matter of dpsing the enemy. When im kitting enemies i dont go and aim for their heads, as if they are moving, its easier to miss, just throw deadly arrows where there are more enemies, this way you'll secure the shot landing. But that aside....
How do you feel of the new D'Shar bows and arrows (Hornbow and Ghazi Arrows respectively), i feel now that the Ravenstern no longer holds the hegemony with the bow. Their arrows are way better (over double the extra damage).

Hornbow    Long Composite bow
Damage      29p              28p
Accuracy    90                90
Difficulty      4                4
Speed          85              84
Range          80              72
Price          714            303

I was as well surprised to see that the long composite bow only beats the short composite bow in range by 2  :eek:

Ghazi Arrows    Bodkin Arrows
Damage      +7                    +3
Ammo        29                    34
W.Length?    91                  98
Price          1200                300

Back
Top Bottom