Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe it's because he gets his news from the type of newspapers that publish Bigfoot sightings and celebrity gossip? Don't judge.

Leonidas300 said:
This is sad... WWIII incoming... choose your sides... I've already chosen mine, I'll support the guy who wins aghaghaghagha

Enough of jokes now. Putinisa should stop being a pig... looks like he wants to rebuild a new Soviet Union? Da**** was the mother of this liliput smoking when she was pregnant?
Nope, Tsarist Russia.

Comrade Temuzu said:
What makes you think that? The fact that the map is in Russian? That map happens to be the most accurate one, using sources from both sides of the conflict. The map Trueten keeps posting is obviously biased and less informative.
You can not have a map that is based on sources from both sides because they are mutually exclusive.
If one side claims we have Russian troops on the ground here and the other denies it altogether, you have to decide for yourself which side tells blatant lies and treat further information coming from it as such.
For me your "real world" map is a desperate piece of propaganda kitbashed by Russian advisors in DNR.

So there are widespread reports that sachartschenko told rossija24 that 3 to 4 thousandrussian soldiers are fighting with them (without order  to do so). Could sb link me the russian/rossija24 source?  My google fu has failed me.

To clarify - yes im asking for it to be in russian not some second hand tanslation or some such.

"We've never hidden the fact that we have among us many Russians, without whom we would have had a very difficult time up to the present day. During all this time in our ranks there were 3-4 thousand. Many have already gone home. Many more remain here. Unfortunately, they are fallen."

Being framed still as "volunteers", it's not exactly the smoking gun everyone's looking for, but the sheer volume he admits is indicative.

trueten said:
trueten said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inawozhg2qo
The city has been taken last monday.
But now Donbass battalion is surrounded there (the reinforcements have been sent like yesterday):

Aaaaaand we have a video of them taking that city

Aaaaaand russians are surrounding them right now from the south. Either they evacuate, either they all die.

Duh said:
Hospes fori said:
This article published by the Council on Foreign Relations is a very interesting read about the causes and possible solutions of the current crisis in Ukraine.
Good insights and nice history bits.
What? How can you say that?

First paragraph alone:
"Because the EU and NATO are expanding east and nations are taking them up on that offer, it's their fault that another state decided to take up military measures going against every law of nations, blatantly ignoring the sovereignty of another nation."
In essence that's what it bloody says. oO

Now, not saying that it's diplomatically the best idea to do so. Not saying I feel like NATO and its expansion makes too much sense these days. But then using that to shift blame on the side that is not using military forces and staged popular uprisings and rigged votes to further it's goals is BS.

Eh Völkerrecht only ever plays a role to the big players, when its convenient.

You ought to realise though that its not about what is right and wrong (i dont think the authors goal is there), but rather about explaining the underlying motivations of state behavior in the ukraine situation. Russia views its strategic interests at stake, the US and others misjudged Putins reaction. Ukraine is not(as)  important to the West. Seems like fairly sound points. Clearly his solution is easier said than done,  but overall he is probably right, when he says that ukraine will take major losses, if the west insists on helping it to get away from russia.

Cellpotato, so plox excuse typos.

Three Vice news articles I thought where interesting.
https://news.vice.com/article/pro-russia-forces-gain-ground-as-ukraines-volunteer-battalions-decry-kiev-leaders
https://news.vice.com/article/nato-isnt-arming-ukraine-just-like-russia-isnt-fighting-there
https://news.vice.com/article/videos-of-alleged-russian-soldiers-in-ukraine-emerge-as-minsk-meeting-ends-in-stalemate

Duh said:
Eh Völkerrecht only ever plays a role to the big players, when its convenient.

You ought to realise though that its not about what is right and wrong (i dont think the authors goal is there), but rather about explaining the underlying motivations of state behavior in the ukraine situation. Russia views its strategic interests at stake, the US and others misjudged Putins reaction. Ukraine is not(as)  important to the West. Seems like fairly sound points. Clearly his solution is easier said than done,  but overall he is probably right, when he says that ukraine will take major losses, if the west insists on helping it to get away from russia.

Cellpotato, so plox excuse typos.
Naturally.
If that's his point, then he worded it in an exceedingly poor way as he's assigning clear blame.

Secondly, the Croatian Ministry of Defense has announced that this is the perfect time to upgrade its helicopters to something more in keeping with the country's position as a member of a US-led alliance. They're getting rid of 14 old Mil Mi-8 transport choppers and will replace them with 20 new UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters from the US. What about the old, non-NATO helicopters? Well, as it turns out, there's a country to Croatia's east — that starts with "U-K-R" and rhymes with "insane" — on the lookout for ready-to-use Soviet-compatible equipment.

Seems like you're getting crappy helicopters from us  :lol:

Well yes, he is assigning blame, but he is doing so from a political perspective. I.e. Nato is at fault for miscalculating and unnecessarily agitating russia.It sucks for the ukranian people, but neither russia not the us care about that (much).

Heard in the radio while having lunch that apparently Russian soldiers instead of going on a holiday in the traditional ways, go to Ukraine to fight on the separatist side. Because, why not.  :neutral:

Yes, that is how Zacharchenko explained presence of Russian military personnel in Eastern Ukraine. Up to this point they kept saying that Russians fighting there are at best retired soldiers. Now that we see intact regular military regiments entering Ukraine they need a new story. So that's entire brigades going on vacation in Ukraine. Apparently they are allowed to keep their weapons and armoured vehicles when on vacation too.

Wellenbrecher said:
Duh said:
Hospes fori said:
This article published by the Council on Foreign Relations is a very interesting read about the causes and possible solutions of the current crisis in Ukraine.
Good insights and nice history bits.
What? How can you say that?

First paragraph alone:
"Because the EU and NATO are expanding east and nations are taking them up on that offer, it's their fault that another state decided to take up military measures going against every law of nations, blatantly ignoring the sovereignty of another nation."
In essence that's what it bloody says. oO

Now, not saying that it's diplomatically the best idea to do so. Not saying I feel like NATO and its expansion makes too much sense these days. But then using that to shift blame on the side that is not using military forces and staged popular uprisings and rigged votes to further it's goals is BS.

Amazingly, that argument appears to be being repeated quite a bit, particularly in France.

Putin has adressed teh 'rebels' - http://kremlin.ru/news/46506

He says that the seps did a great job and reached success fighting ukranian troops. And since they (ukranian forces) are surrounded, Putin advises seppies to form a humanitarian corridor for ukranian soldiers to let them go back to... their mommies. And of course, he noted that Kievan forces are a threat to peaceful inhabitants of Donbass and seps are the last stronghold in protecting them (sic!).

Rrrrrriiiiight. Especialy judging from the reaction of Mariupol' citizens, that have already been under 'seppie protection', helped local military forces to build the defense and organized themself into partizan groups, while local authorities fled to Kiev.

'Russians' in Novoazovsk:

Back
Top Bottom