Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

Odyseuss said:
pentagathus said:
No, if they're armed they're a threat and Russia won't sit idly by if we send armed personnel into this.
I'm hoping Ukraine's army will send in their medics though. What's happened to the armed forces in western Ukraine?
Russia is pretty isolationist. I can't imagine them taking a forceful stand.
You are absolutely, with 100% certainty, completely wrong. In fact, you're so wrong that it's hilarious.

No. He's an ******* that broke his' promises for a dozen times. Besides, re-elections in December? SO 10 nonths he will be still as president? How can he only imagine to move through city without several battalions of armed Berkut and tanks? Resignement, that's all we need. He simply wants the Maidan to disappear by itself and then...

The way out is simple, to be honest. The Parliament should change the constitution (legit) to incrase its power. Elects a new Prime-Minister (legit) and forms a new government (legit). Declares Yanukovich an ******* (legit) and arrests him (or shoots him, if he tries to run away to Russia). In this case no nagotiations even needed with him.

Aye, opposition and protesters demand Yanukovich's unconditional and immediate resignation. There is no guarantee an agreement will be reached soon.
Undisputably good news though is that they are pulling berkut out right now. Can you confirm this, trueten?

Weaver said:
Undisputably good news though is that they are pulling berkut out right now. Can you confirm this, trueten?
Not so sure. At least the Interior Forces (ВВэшники) are leaving:

Still, earlier this morning the battalion of armed airborn troops from Poltava (info confirmed) arrived.

So, he changes police to army? God knows. But, in any case Yanuchesku will never beat this guys:
http://coub.com/view/qz3e

Couldn't you solve this more easily if you give that bastard the means to emigrate and then form a new legitimate government?
He will hardly surrender as president if hew feels his livelihood and/or life is endangered.

trueten said:
So, he changes police to army? God knows. But, in any case Yanuchesku will never beat this guys:
:lol:

I thought Berkut were the guys in the grey uniforms and that the black ones are just regular police. Huh.

Odyseuss said:
pentagathus said:
No, if they're armed they're a threat and Russia won't sit idly by if we send armed personnel into this.
I'm hoping Ukraine's army will send in their medics though. What's happened to the armed forces in western Ukraine?

Russia is about as isolationist as the US is, which means they aren't at all. Russia controls their media, so its not well known.

Wellenbrecher said:
I thought Berkut were the guys in the grey uniforms and that the black ones are just regular police. Huh.

Correct. The clip is mislabeled. Look for the armpatch.

66663520_1826.jpg

MVS Internal Forces

Although there are some Berkut operating in black.
_72520319_berkut.jpg

640x427.jpg

Hm, confusing. The Parliament has voted to change the constitution - Ukraine now is Parliament-Presidential Republic. Yanukovich has lost his super-presidential powers. But he still controlls the army (the question about police is argueble so far).

The presidential re-elections will be held in December. This means that Maidan will be disbanded. If Arbuzov will be the new prime-minister - we're screwed.
Or - Tymoshenko will be released and she becomes a Prime-Minister. At least she has balls and they're very hard (which I can't say about current 3 opposition 'leaders').

trueten said:
Those guys in the Skyrim thread who disagreed with the idea of dual wielding... well, **** them. >;D

Kobrag said:
Couldn't you solve this more easily if you give that bastard the means to emigrate and then form a new legitimate government?
He will hardly surrender as president if hew feels his livelihood and/or life is endangered.

Thought I read that he already fled the country.

Nord Champion said:
Odyseuss said:
pentagathus said:

Russia is about as isolationist as the US is, which means they aren't at all. Russia controls their media, so its not well known.
How many wars have the Russians been involved in lately? How much trade is Russia involved in?

Russia is pretty isolationist for major power, and its highly unlikely for them to take any direct action based on their recent history.

Odyseuss said:
Nord Champion said:
Odyseuss said:
pentagathus said:

How many wars have the Russians been involved in lately? How much trade is Russia involved in?

Russia is pretty isolationist for major power, and its highly unlikely for them to take any direct action based on their recent history.

Oh, I dunno, invading Georgia in 2008, the Cenchen War in the late 1990s and into the 2000s, having  "Peacekeeping" forces in most of the ex-Soviet States. Just to name a few. They have their hands in basically every ex-Soviet state, its hard to miss. Trade with ex-Soviet states, I imagine, is pretty extensive as well.

They're not isolationist, that's what they want you to think.

Including what they said above.

Odyseuss said:

So it's the amount of wars that now determine whether a nation is isolationist or not?

Back
Top Bottom