Two Worlds, Conan Hyborian

Users who are viewing this thread

With the new set of screenshots from Two Worlds I finally found out why I hated it so much. :smile:
It's the design of everything. The concept artists should commit ritual suicide with their pencils and brushes, it's everything I hate about fantasy. Non-functional armor, oversized weapons (Gothic anyone?) and classic cliche monsters, ornaments, accessory...omg. WTF!??? have you seen the screenshot where the player is actually fighting a creature named "Ent" ??? Tolkien estate is writing the charges already..

As for the question someone asked...Yes, I would really enjoy playing an anonymous soldier in a realistic medieval MMORPG. Roma Victor seems to be heading the right direction, but I don't like the exagerrated state of it now where everyone runs around naked or in a towel...

Merlkir said:
With the new set of screenshots from Two Worlds I finally found out why I hated it so much. :smile:
It's the design of everything. The concept artists should commit ritual suicide with their pencils and brushes, it's everything I hate about fantasy. Non-functional armor, oversized weapons (Gothic anyone?) and classic cliche monsters, ornaments, accessory...omg. WTF!??? have you seen the screenshot where the player is actually fighting a creature named "Ent" ??? Tolkien estate is writing the charges already..

As for the question someone asked...Yes, I would really enjoy playing an anonymous soldier in a realistic medieval MMORPG. Roma Victor seems to be heading the right direction, but I don't like the exagerrated state of it now where everyone runs around naked or in a towel...
Seconded on all points.

Raz said:
Merlkir said:

Seconded on all points.

Thirded.  This is why I cry every time I think about the $50 I dropped on Oblivion.  Oh, the forgotten art of subtly stylized realism.

Jush said:
Raz said:
Merlkir said:

Seconded on all points.

Thirded.  This is why I cry every time I think about the $50 I dropped on Oblivion.  Oh, the forgotten art of subtly stylized realism.

I play games to escape from realism, to do things I can't do in real life. Granted, I can't farm as a Roman or rape and pillage in real life, but that's besides the point. Watching fish fry for 3 hours or cutting wood for 2 just isn't my thing.

Speaking of MMORPGs, this one's the best: www.progressquest.com :grin:

Realistic MMORGPS don't have to be about cutting wood all the time, you know. No game developer's been smart enough to make an original realistic, worth playing MMORPG yet.

Raz said:
Realistic MMORGPS don't have to be about cutting wood all the time, you know. No game developer's been smart enough to make an original realistic, worth playing MMORPG yet.

I'm all for realistic FPSs and stuff, but I think realistic RPGs raises too many questions. Will you have permadeath? Should your character need to eat, sleep, use the bathroom, etc?

Realism is nice and all, but if I wanted real, I wouldn't need to play games.

"subtly styled realism" doesn't mean having your character die because his poop meter overflowed. It means non retarded artwork and gameplay.

man now i starting to notice that ive been without a computer for over a month :wink: totally missed two worlds just had to preorder two worlds even if its fantasyish

Back
Top Bottom