Twitter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nahkuri said:
Is there more to it than just posting sms length updates of what happened today in your uninteresting life?

No; it is essentially an abstract Facebook. I think people mainly use it to "follow" celebrities, for reasons that elude me.

Yes I have twitter, no, I won't share it in public (feel free to PM me) and I gotta say: It's the only social network that actually has a point. I also gotta say: Twitter is everything but a social network.

Nahkuri said:
Darwin said:
It's the only social network that actually has a point. I also gotta say: Twitter is everything but a social network.

I am confused by your post. Please explain to me what it means.

Twitter is not a social network, but it's often called like that. Twitter has nothing to do with staying in touch with friends or relatives or anything else a social network could do. Its DM system is sometimes used as a free SMS replacement, but Twitter is almost only about news and information exchange - as fast as possible. I knew that the German president would step back ~45 minutes before he actually did it.
There are some similarities to communities like TW (certain habits and stuff), but it's not about posting that you had problems taking your daily dump. Most people use twitter just to follow people that actually have to say something. I've got 6 followers, 2 of them IRL friends, the account of the anti-nuclear power wing of the German pirate party (no idea about that...) and some others who apparently are interested in the stuff I tweet and retweet (mainly retweet and it's mostly about politics and tech-news).

Back
Top Bottom