[TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

hello kalarhan
when i upload the files to the game it gives me and error saying  unable to locate : moduels/viking conquest/resource/user_interface_d.brf

and since its only the ability to recruit viking raiders, so i tried to just throw in the conversation.txt. when i do this it works but the lords get all ****ed up cant become vassal or have relations with eny lord

and then i try to to take a clean conversation.txt and go to  dlga_start:battle_reason_stated
and then i do youre manual guide but when i do that the viking raiders just say "i will drink from youre skull" and then i have no options

do you have eny idea what could cause this?

dedaje said:
when i upload the files to the game it gives me and error saying  unable to locate : moduels/viking conquest/

check the README.PDF for instructions on how to create the .txt files. And remember to create a new folder (copy) of the base game (VC)

modules/[whatever name you want here]/

if you are using the correct version of Warband and VC you won't have issues with missing files

Ssenkrad_II said:
Do you know of any mods/ways to make that happen?

creating hero units is easy. Creating companions involves some extra work because of all the setup (biography, texts for conversation, relations, etc). Both can be done without too much trouble by using the game code, which is included with the tweaks tool. You can check the "Q&A modding" in this section of the forum, and visit the Forge for extra help.

tutorial section should have a guide or two for that as well, and the OSP section should help too.

kalarhan said:
Ssenkrad_II said:
Do you know of any mods/ways to make that happen?

creating hero units is easy. Creating companions involves some extra work because of all the setup (biography, texts for conversation, relations, etc). Both can be done without too much trouble by using the game code, which is included with the tweaks tool. You can check the "Q&A modding" in this section of the forum, and visit the Forge for extra help.

tutorial section should have a guide or two for that as well, and the OSP section should help too.

as you are new to the forum:

1) Check the forum rules https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,12250.0.html

2) Instead of dual posting you should use the edit/modify button

3) Different threads/forums are used for specific things. So you should check what the current thread is for.

4) This thread is to talk about the Tweaks Tool. Report bugs or ask help with installation. Provide feedback. It is not to discuss modding, how to add new things, etc.

5) Modding main forum is the Forge https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html. The Q&A thread there is the first stop when looking for things

6) Warband and VC share the same engine/tech. So most stuff that works on Warband also works for VC. That means you can read the tutorials in the Forge to learn about modding VC.

7) We have a Q&A modding thread for quick instructions in modding and to discuss specific features not related to Native

also keep in mind that a new version should be released soon (tm), to update the tool for VC 2.032.

Cheers

1. Read me had a couple spots that could have been much clearer (explanation on notepad for example) 

2. The windows issue of needing a "path" to be created is a big enough issue that it clearly should be covered (either in read me and/or in installation instructions on the thread).

I'd like to apply the 'always on horse in city' tweak for another mod, can someone tell me what file needs to be edited for it? I'm too dumb to track it down from the .py files :oops:

Rarilmar said:
track it down from the .py files

copy the variable from tweaks.py you are interested on, then do a full text search for it. It will lead you to the code. Keep in mind that other mods can have very different code tho.

you can use a text editor like Notepad++ or SublimeText to search on all files inside a folder at the same time.

Rarilmar said:

code or .txt works, but that is a discussion for the Q&A thread in the Forge, not this thread  :mrgreen:

Update: VC 2.036 is now on Steam Beta, I will wait for this release to update the Tweaks Tool.

Steam sales had a small surge of players (about ~1000 new downloads for the tool), but as 2.032 was late on release it doesn't make sense to update this right now  :mrgreen: The plan was to create version 1.2 before the sales for the new players.

a request for the next update if i may.....either a way to change frequency of village/mayor quests or to lower the rep hit when building religious buildings coz taking a -30 rep hit on a village is damn near impossible to get back when the timer on quests is shared between ALL villages not individual villages (seriously TW what were you thinking on that, why share them?) :sad:

ravayen said:
(seriously TW what were you thinking on that, why share them?)

I will post the code tweak (village rep) on Q&A thread and you can integrate it on your own version of the Tool (that is why it uses code, so people can add more individual stuff freely).

but on that remark above. TW didn't make VC. The DLC was created by BWStudios (game company, original creators of the free mod Brytenwalda), with TW as the publisher.

hi! I want to use some tweaks for Dark Age..
TWEAK_STOP_AI_DECLARING_WAR_IF_YOU_ARE_TOO_STRONG = 1
TWEAK_ESCAPE_CHANCE_ENEMY_LORDS = 20
TWEAK_CHANCE_CAPTURING_SHIP = 100
TWEAK_JOIN_EITHER_SIDE_BATTLE = 1
TWEAK_HIRE_EXTRA_BANDIT_TYPES = 1
TWEAK_CENTERS_RECRUIT_FROM_CURRENT_FACTION = 1
TWEAK_BATTLE_CONTINUATION_AFTER_KO = 1

they are compatible with savegames?  or what is require to start a new game?

ha3481 said:
TWEAK_STOP_AI_DECLARING_WAR_IF_YOU_ARE_TOO_STRONG = 1
TWEAK_ESCAPE_CHANCE_ENEMY_LORDS = 20
TWEAK_CHANCE_CAPTURING_SHIP = 100
TWEAK_JOIN_EITHER_SIDE_BATTLE = 1
TWEAK_HIRE_EXTRA_BANDIT_TYPES = 1
TWEAK_CENTERS_RECRUIT_FROM_CURRENT_FACTION = 1
TWEAK_BATTLE_CONTINUATION_AFTER_KO = 1

they are compatible with savegames?

the ones above are compatible with old saves. You can search the modsys code (use a editor with full text search) to find where they are used, what they do, and if that has impact on old saves or not.

thank you! I have edited and compiled code modsys 2.036
I just wouldn't want to use something that will require a new game. I'm a beginner in Python

Back
Top Bottom