TW is quiet

Users who are viewing this thread

giphy.gif

Communication is actually a LOT better now than in the closed Beta period, and early stages of the Early Access release, and i see no real issue there. There is almost day-to-day communication from almost every section of the development directly to the playerbase. MP and SP statement threads, mexxico's diplomacy development thread, AVRCs things being worked on thread etc...
Just check for example emrozdemir's amazing effort of sifting through all the UI suggestions and communicating there. Those are the things you might never notice, but bring invaluable quality of life improvements to the game.
That's a board i personally am trying to keep as tidy as possible to make it easier for him and other devs searching for ideas and confirmation their team meetings are in alignment with community wishes.
Once upon a time-yes, but for quite some time now i really don't see TW as quiet, you just need to go much deeper than just The Citadel, and often deeper than the Keep and Fields of Valour as well.

Tbh sp top suggestion thread doesn't retrieve the attention it deserves from the devs. There are 139 suggestions that are listed there and only 5 of them made into the game(and those are the most simple tweaks). There are no statement made about actual future additions in forums, there is only dev update video (which im grateful of). But while there are so much suggestions that is bit of underwhelming.

Im aware some features that are suggested are too ambitious for a game at this stage but there is no statement about whether those features are being worked on or that thread about suggestion is only there to keep fan base quiet.

That thread has the set criteria for the threads to be featured in it, but none of the criteria includes weather a suggestion is technically feasible, if it is in alignment with company's vision, or if it's to the game designers' liking.
It has a Top Activity section for them to see which are the most wanted features, and Top Curated left to the community notables and moderators to feature even if not able to reach set activity tresholds.
Only after that the threads need to pass the devs "filter", not to mention that implementing new features on top of a bugged structure is a big no-no, so a particular area of a game (and the game in whole) needs to be stable enough to start adding new stuff on top of it.
It does get the attention, i'm sure of it.

There are 139 suggestions that are listed there and only 5 of them made into the game(and those are the most simple tweaks).
Judging by the speed of perk implementation, imagine how long will it take for them to implement 139 community suggestions :grin:

Oh damn, I take back what I say, maybe they were told to keep some quiet... Azhaki was one of the most voiced devs and now he's doesn't speak too much, also others devs in my news feed now give not so detailed answers lmaooo. I hope everything is ok at the office, I hope the decisions they make are for good

Nah, he just means software design-wise, they have little say. It's like constructing a building, the architect decides how its built, the workers build it as he says.

Last patch was a little more than one week ago. What do you expect them to write about? They got nothing. Check entire development from EA launch until now to realize that TW isn't a fast developer. 8 years could have been an indicator though.

Last patch was a little more than one week ago. What do you expect them to write about? They got nothing. Check entire development from EA launch until now to realize that TW isn't a fast developer. 8 years could have been an indicator though.
That "patch" had a patchnote of the hotfix size. I wouldn't even call it a patch, to be honest. So we expect a good, substantial update with something new please or at least with the bugs from 1.5.1 fixed.

That thread has the set criteria for the threads to be featured in it, but none of the criteria includes weather a suggestion is technically feasible, if it is in alignment with company's vision, or if it's to the game designers' liking.
It has a Top Activity section for them to see which are the most wanted features, and Top Curated left to the community notables and moderators to feature even if not able to reach set activity tresholds.
Only after that the threads need to pass the devs "filter", not to mention that implementing new features on top of a bugged structure is a big no-no, so a particular area of a game (and the game in whole) needs to be stable enough to start adding new stuff on top of it.
It does get the attention, i'm sure of it.

I get those features might be not suitable with their game design however its hard to believe none of them is suitable in anyway.

Another thing is that, if a curated feature doesn't seem like it could be implemented in anyway they should let us know about that in some form, maybe just like green "implemented" word next to implemented features there could be "cant be implemented", "in consideration", "planned feature" words could be added.

If they can't add any of them they should just close the thread

Another thing is that, if a curated feature doesn't seem like it could be implemented in anyway they should let us know about that in some form, maybe just like green "implemented" word next to implemented features there could be "cant be implemented", "in consideration", "planned feature" words could be added.
The thread is community-run and maintained, so only when we see something implemented and connect it to a featured thread (after extensive search or a dev comment on the thread), we ourselves put the suffix there, not the developers (if somebody was thinking otherwise).

That is a very interesting proposal, i promise i will try and see if we can start doing something like that, however, i cant promise that every single featured thread will have a status if we start doing that.

Did they sell out?

What's the plan for the next update?

Feels a little too quiet.
I wonder if Ikisoft expect much more revenue from this title / studio?

It’s a private company so who knows what their financials look like, but if I were an Ikisoft executive I would be cutting overhead, minimizing expenses, and be preparing to sell-out the company before suffering significant financial losses.

Communication is actually a LOT better now than in the closed Beta period, and early stages of the Early Access release, and i see no real issue there. There is almost day-to-day communication from almost every section of the development directly to the playerbase. MP and SP statement threads, mexxico's diplomacy development thread, AVRCs things being worked on thread etc...
Just check for example emrozdemir's amazing effort of sifting through all the UI suggestions and communicating there. Those are the things you might never notice, but bring invaluable quality of life improvements to the game.
That's a board i personally am trying to keep as tidy as possible to make it easier for him and other devs searching for ideas and confirmation their team meetings are in alignment with community wishes.
Once upon a time-yes, but for quite some time now i really don't see TW as quiet, you just need to go much deeper than just The Citadel, and often deeper than the Keep and Fields of Valour as well.

So I know they read the forums and suggestions, and are often active in subforums, and I've been the first in some cases to point that out when this topic is being discussed. A quick look into deeper forums often reveals devs lurking there. However, I do also feel like if they wanted to communicate with the player base more, an effort could be made to post in the more active areas of the forum rather than hiding away in subforums. I feel like players concerns could more often be addressed. We could also use some more knowledge on the goals for SP at this point. It would be nice to understand where they are planning to go with it, so that we can offer suggestions that do fit within their vision and direction for the game. I'm not saying the communication is null, but there is still much room for improvement, and I think that is what the OP was getting at as well. I also got the feeling that its been a bit quiet lately. By lately I mean the past week or two. Perhaps one could look deeper, but at face value, the OP is not alone in having that feeling as could be seen my many others' posts here.

It's easy to say that everyone is being illogical and impatient, but the fact is that the feeling of the community is drawn from underlying issues that do actually exist with the communication. I love TW and all the work they are doing, but I think it is also important to be honest about what is going on here.

there would be a lot less speculation, confusion and frustration if the TW put out what's coming out next and when. Even if they can't meet the deadline of accomplishing those goals it would be nice to know where this is going and what i'm waiting for. I love playing this game and think, like many others on here, that it's got a lot of potential. It's getting a little stale for me at this point and I don't want to burn out on it before it gets good.

Come on TW, give us a clue as to what's next. Please.?.?

there would be a lot less speculation, confusion and frustration if the TW put out what's coming out next and when. Even if they can't meet the deadline of accomplishing those goals it would be nice to know where this is going and what i'm waiting for. I love playing this game and think, like many others on here, that it's got a lot of potential. It's getting a little stale for me at this point and I don't want to burn out on it before it gets good.

Come on TW, give us a clue as to what's next. Please.?.?
They have already done what you suggest dude, it didn't work out, fans were angrier, I actually prefer this because we get less troll threads, or at least we don't get that many. The update will come and you will be able to read everything when it arrives. Also others devs do answer questions, if you start following devs you will see them in your news feed and check what they post, usually it's useful information

The thread is community-run and maintained, so only when we see something implemented and connect it to a featured thread (after extensive search or a dev comment on the thread), we ourselves put the suffix there, not the developers (if somebody was thinking otherwise).

That is a very interesting proposal, i promise i will try and see if we can start doing something like that, however, i cant promise that every single featured thread will have a status if we start doing that.
I see but I wish there was something that is tw supported if you know what I mean.

It's been funny to see patches hit 1.5.1 but not the small 1.5.2 update.
The hotfix that just dropped for 1.5.2 appears to essentially just contain both the hotfixes for 1.5.1. So they should match up now. Still curious why the fixes dropped only for 1.5.1 for several days.

You guys worry too much. Theyre probably deciding how fat the next pigs should be. Or how furry the next ducks should be. Perhaps theyre working on implementing a banner change function like the haircut. Now you will have to take ypur banner to a seamstress to change it.

You guys worry too much. Theyre probably deciding how fat the next pigs should be. Or how furry the next ducks should be. Perhaps theyre working on implementing a banner change function like the haircut. Now you will have to take ypur banner to a seamstress to change it.
If we could get more colors and more designs and backgrounds I'd actually be ok with that.

Back
Top Bottom