TW is quiet

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh boy.
*puts on a foil hat
Soo, I think the most active devs got their asses kicked about getting into discussions on the forum and expressing their opinions publicly. I base this on my observation regarding the content of devs posts in the last couple of weeks. There is little to no activity, most of the stuff posted by the devs is dry replies, and mexxico is on 3rd week of holiday which by duration is kind of rare.
Other stuff I don't seem to get over with - lack of quality content update wise. There are multiple glaring issues we've got both in mp and so, and we get new beard styles and hot fixes. It was comfortable to hide behind refactoring for 2 months, but since it was complete the steps TW have taken were really small.

Discuss.
Or maybe they're just focusing on their work?

Am I imagining things when I remember one of the devs saying that the re-factor was actually only a few lines of change that rippled on throughout the rest of the game. I don't think it necessarily would make updates any faster, except for maybe getting rid of some bugs that would have popped up in the future.
Yes, for some reason everyone thought it was going to make them become inhuman and type code faster??? I don't know, they didn't quitted, they didn't got fired they're just working on the game if you need to chat so much with someone get a gf or idk

I don't think it necessarily would make updates any faster, except for maybe getting rid of some bugs that would have popped up in the future.
But there are still bugs in every new update/hotfix. I don´t see any difference if I compare the pre refactoring "time" and the after refactoring "time".

It´s time for some really important major update soon. And don´t forget:

“We intend to use a range of different methods to gather player feedback and data throughout the early access period. These include engaging with users directly on our official forum and our Steam forum, requesting specific feedback through questionnaires, hosting and participating in multiplayer events alongside our community, and using analytics tools to gather data.”

Last edited:
Yeah I feel you, I just think that it's almost always been speculation from the community itself that the refactor would speed things up. As far as I know TW never really said anything along those lines, but I could be wrong.

Don't worry man I'm just as disappointed at this EA ride so far, but I think the next couple updates will really show where M&B is headed. Whether that's for better or worse, we'll find out :razz:

There's noway they are getting this done in year. 1.5.2 introduced bugs galore, they have yet to even begin patching that. These guys are in over their heads.

I agree.

If they still think they're on schedule for their one-year-release-goal, I fear that the first official version of the game will be a disappointment.

We programmers do what we are told.
Oh damn, I take back what I say, maybe they were told to keep some quiet... Azhaki was one of the most voiced devs and now he's doesn't speak too much, also others devs in my news feed now give not so detailed answers lmaooo. I hope everything is ok at the office, I hope the decisions they make are for good

Oh boy here we go speculating again.

Nah but to be fair, with the lack of communication, speculation is all we can do really. That's kind of scary and sad if he's saying it from that point of view, but he could also just as easily be stating the facts. From what I imagine, the designer is the one who has the say on what the programmers work on, and he could just be saying that.

I hope it's not like what we're thinking.

Let them work. Pushing coders into higher speed as they are comfortable with can be contra-productive. I think that is what we saw in the 1.5.x branch.
To be honest I have games in EA which received last update in July. Additionally, sometimes in coding you hit a wall and cannot get some issues figured out. The only solution in such crisis is to slow down and review the code/issue again and again.
My guess is they focus on modding tools.

Oh boy here we go speculating again.

Nah but to be fair, with the lack of communication, speculation is all we can do really. That's kind of scary and sad if he's saying it from that point of view, but he could also just as easily be stating the facts. From what I imagine, the designer is the one who has the say on what the programmers work on, and he could just be saying that.

I hope it's not like what we're thinking.
Yeah, I'm basing myself on what others commented in the OG, I don't trend to speculate because it's mostly nonsensical and it will always derrail into a conspiracy but hey, joining into that train is a fun way to waste time AND to complacent ourselves, I understand why so many do it
Let them work. Pushing coders into higher speed as they are comfortable with can be contra-productive. I think that is what we saw in the 1.5.x branch.
To be honest I have games in EA which received last update in July. Additionally, sometimes in coding you hit a wall and cannot get some issues figured out. The only solution in such crisis is to slow down and review the code/issue again and again.
My guess is they focus on modding tools.
Yeah +1 I double take back what I've said, they're just working on the game

If it is the case that they are deciding to communicate even less, then they would have learnt the wrong lesson.

People will take comments from developers, and remove them from context and speculate regardless. However this is particularlly hightened when there is a drought of communication. The more communication with your community the more conversational your statements will appear, and the less defintive people will take them to be by virtue of their volume.

Instead people are trying to read the tea leaves in every Dev statement.

They TOLD you they will make faster updates after the refactory :grin:
They TOLD you after GC there will be patches :grin:

Guys this company is one of the worst ive seen in Game developement.

Nearly NO communication and Patches/Updates only when Gameshows or Big Sells Like SummerSale or WinterSale incoming.
For me Bannerlord is DEAD.

The Game COULD be good in 2023 with Mods.

Well if SteamDB is anything to go by, they've been doing a lot of internal tests in the past day or two. Generally means an update could be upcoming, which if it isn't tonight will probably mean some time nek week.

Oh damn, I take back what I say, maybe they were told to keep some quiet... Azhaki was one of the most voiced devs and now he's doesn't speak too much, also others devs in my news feed now give not so detailed answers lmaooo. I hope everything is ok at the office, I hope the decisions they make are for good
Honestly i could also put that down to several other reasons other than being told to shut up in general as soon as a dev responds to thread with either this has been discussed or it is something we have thought of but would take to much time for the moment they immediately get bombarded and they're job isnt to go on the forums daily so they technically could just not speak at all.

Other than that i put mostly that they do actually look around at the forums quite a bit as you can find them online or looking at a thread pretty regularly for a couple hours if giving answers is not you're people are liking how you are doing the job you do it slower because you look at people you know dont like how you do you're job it makes sense but this theory has been debunked many times by devs and both mexxico has said its not true so did duh and a few others in another thread i remember

They TOLD you they will make faster updates after the refactory :grin:
They TOLD you after GC there will be patches :grin:

Guys this company is one of the worst ive seen in Game developement.

Nearly NO communication and Patches/Updates only when Gameshows or Big Sells Like SummerSale or WinterSale incoming.
For me Bannerlord is DEAD.

The Game COULD be good in 2023 with Mods.
Ok so let me see what you took out of context to prove the point you made callum duh and mexxico stated they were doing the refactor on multiple different threads and from what i have read what they stated the refactor did is precisely help them find bugs easier how many absolutely game breaking bugs have you seen since 1.4.3 this could be down to other factors but for me is none

Nonetheless you are taking something out of context to prove a point content is related to bugs both are related to code refactoring will not make faster it makes things easier if thats what you were promised stop looking into conspiracy theories please

Well if SteamDB is anything to go by, they've been doing a lot of internal tests in the past day or two. Generally means an update could be upcoming, which if it isn't tonight will probably mean some time nek week.

This is the best peice of evidence which we have. I say they are hard at work.

I hope they're doing something big. It would a be an ass-move to roll out another "new sheep texture and no old bugs fixed" update.

Going to ask this stupid question anyway :smile: where you can check this?

No, I think the context of that line is about design --> development, not being told not to talk on the forums.

Going to ask this stupid question anyway :smile: where you can check this?
Or chuck in google 'SteamDB Bannerlord' and it should come up as the first result (for me atleast).

EDIT: I'm also curious what all these nvd_tests are? I'm assuming that's something to do with Nvidia.

Or chuck in google 'SteamDB Bannerlord' and it should come up as the first result (for me atleast).

EDIT: I'm also curious what all these nvd_tests are? I'm assuming that's something to do with Nvidia.
Thanks. I was lazy to google :smile:
Nvidia - it's only my understanding but I think they were talking about texture streaming regarding nvidia. I tried to google a little regarding this and my understanding was that the texture calculations are made rather in memory (less physical storage operations...). If this is true it can increase performance however can be more CPU/RAM demanding.
Maybe someone with better understanding of nvidia graphics can correct me if I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom