[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Users who are viewing this thread

How do you propose to train them?
Who is the best companion to do it, and do you assign him for 4 weeks or less?

BrotherPoole said:
Quick question:

I know you can become the honorary grandmaster of your KHO, but do you still gain rank points, and can you become just plain old "grandmaster"? I'd love to have a castle that I could control patrols from and whatnot.

Not sure if anyone answered this already, but I was also wondering this as well. I was hoping for my own KHO to have their own stronghold. Is it possible to get the stronghold like the other pre-existing knighthood orders?

MakoShishio said:
BrotherPoole said:
Quick question:

I know you can become the honorary grandmaster of your KHO, but do you still gain rank points, and can you become just plain old "grandmaster"? I'd love to have a castle that I could control patrols from and whatnot.

Not sure if anyone answered this already, but I was also wondering this as well. I was hoping for my own KHO to have their own stronghold. Is it possible to get the stronghold like the other pre-existing knighthood orders?

Not in the latest version. It was possible in 3.6, but it has since been removed.

lucasd said:
How do you propose to train them?
Who is the best companion to do it, and do you assign him for 4 weeks or less?
Leth (Probably, I never tried anyone else) is the best.

In any case, this update is awesome. Makes me want to play more and more.
Btw, I'm at Day 249, my knights are as strong as Noldor Noble's.
The only problem is they have only 1 armor. The rest are default. o.o

Maybe it is something on my side, but I was highly disappointed with the variety of weapons. I had three bows for my Knights and nine swords for my sergeants. The best bow was the Nomad bow, and the best sword was the claymore. SO I am wondering how I get the better stuff.

Train your CMKHO troopers till they fit the stat and skill requirements, hoard the cash you need to pay for the better stuff, or in case of certain special gear, capture unique spawns and press them for the secret knowledge of their supreme gear.

Yes.
That´s the basic idea. Have some compansy train your CMKHO´s into elite troops and capture certain spawns for awesome gear - if you can´t find decent enough stuff in the ~1100 items available without any surplus effort.

Lilly112 said:
So will Leth increase the STR, Agi and all that?

Leth or any other companion can increase all of the combat skills and weapon proficiencies if their own stats are higher than that of your knighthoods. So strength, agility, power strike, iron flesh, power throw, power draw, riding etc.

I started training my knights with Sir Jocelyn since he has a higher trainer skill than Leth which affects how many stat increases occur. Now that my knights are at Jocelyn's skill level I am using Leth to further increase their proficiencies.

Have plan on who will train which stat to level 10. Julia or Ediz can really push PD to 10 with minimum effort, if you plan on some kind of archer. Sigismund will make your IF and PS 10. Alyssa can train PT to 8 from the start. Lethaldiran is not actually that good of a trainer, no training skill and very so-so skill table. He only excels at proficiency, which is not very far off by Roland.
In summary, don't abuse your little pointy ears friend.

The knights and sergeants (specially the sergeants) will eventually reach the stats of the trainer if I keep sending him/her? or there's a cap like "A 30str trainer can only train sergeants up to 29"?

noosers said:
Train your CMKHO troopers till they fit the stat and skill requirements, hoard the cash you need to pay for the better stuff, or in case of certain special gear, capture unique spawns and press them for the secret knowledge of their supreme gear.
"Press them"? Does this work to all Unique Spawns? In that case, you can have an army of Wolfbode's then? :mrgreen:

Wulfobode´s kit isn´t available, me thinks.
But certain unique spawns give you the option to tell you a secret blueprinst instead of a qualis gem, 50k denarii or their head.

Do their noncombat skills a) matter? and b) get trained up? I'm thinking of the Order Army spawns and assuming they're led by the highest level trooper in the army in practice, not just graphically when you talk to them. Do those parties benefit from the party skills of those soldiers? I'm envisioning putting one CKO sergeant with good pathfinding and spotting in charge of all my kingdom's farmer parties, and a knight with good tactics, leadership, prisoner mgmt, pathing, spotting, surgery and wound treatment in charge of all my militias.

Pode said:
Do their noncombat skills a) matter? and b) get trained up? I'm thinking of the Order Army spawns and assuming they're led by the highest level trooper in the army in practice, not just graphically when you talk to them. Do those parties benefit from the party skills of those soldiers? I'm envisioning putting one CKO sergeant with good pathfinding and spotting in charge of all my kingdom's farmer parties, and a knight with good tactics, leadership, prisoner mgmt, pathing, spotting, surgery and wound treatment in charge of all my militias.

They will occasionally form parties, but you can't order them to do specific tasks, nor "force" them to form parties. I guess their noncombat skills are mostly irrelevant, though pathfinding might influence party speed. (unless I'm gravely mistaken). They are normal troops who just sometimes form a party.

I thought we could add troops to subordinate parties (farmers and militias from fiefs we held) once we were independent. Or am I mixing up memories from another mod and vanilla?

Pode said:
I thought we could add troops to subordinate parties (farmers and militias from fiefs we held) once we were independent. Or am I mixing up memories from another mod and vanilla?
You could give troops to militia patrols that either: are based on your village; or belong to your kingdom if you are a king.

Back
Top Bottom