Turning in Warband Singleplayer is bad and needs to be fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Cyndro

Recruit
Can you please make turning in Warband single player like it is multiplayer? It's a simple thing but I don't see why it is the way it is.

There are two problems: Firstly unless you are moving or holding an attack/block, rotating the camera does not rotate the character. This means doing a simple 180 turn while standing idle is well, impossible. It introduces further issues in combat, for example after you release the swing, unless you are moving, you can not follow the target. This particularly affects stabs.

Secondly the turning speed itself is so slow. Significantly slower than multiplayer. It creates a feeling a disconnect between me and the game. I'll move my camera left only to see my character slowly turn himself until he finally reaches his destination. It seems odd to say that the combat actually feels more intuitive on MP servers with inevitable amounts of latency than Singleplayer, which is lagless. Turning around to meet an enemy behind you is particularly cumbersome, and aiming attacks is slow and clunky.

Unless you have some strange reasoning as to why this is the way it is, I believe the Singleplayer camera should be patched to be like it is in multiplayer. Either that or someone tell me how to modify it to match multiplayer. If you want to turn the camera without turning your character, there's a key for that called "View Outfit". These two issues with the camera genuinely take a little away from how good the Warband combat is.

Back
Top Bottom