Troop Training

Users who are viewing this thread

Most of the things in Bannerlord are improved from Warband times. Yet one glaring omission/change is the troop training. In Warband there were 5 ways for troops to level up:

1) Sparring with the player (moderate gain)
2) Observing sparring of the player (minor gain)
3) Killing an enemy in a battle (biggest gain)
4) Participating in a battle (moderate gain, also affected player!)
5) Daily XP boost from Traininer perk.

5) doesn't work as most perks don't (I have no issue with Trainer being merged as a perk into Leadership though it could be stronger). Only 3) remains from Warband now. The reason probably is that there is no abstract XP anymore but only skill levels and their combination gives XP level. Hence only actually hitting an enemy/killing him gives XP now. One side effect is that if a player does not fight and chooses to play general role the game gives next to nothing in terms of XP (occasional Tactics XP?).

While I miss all of the missing options the one I miss the most is 4). With it one can reliable raise the recruits to a capable force and replenish forces naturally. Without it one either has to risk losing most of them in the first battle, not getting any xp for them, or go hunting Looters. Setting everyone on hold and letting the recruits kill them to gain XP. Way too grindy and unfun.

If it was brought back it would also mitigate some of the issues of AI parties. Its recruits would more easily level up after one or two battles.

Obviously also the fact that troops level by type and not individually, which was awful in Warband and is awful in Bannerlord but I accept that as it is unlikely to ever change I guess.

The training perk from Leadership actually does work, it just doesn't do a lot.

It appears either version you take gives 30 XP per to each unit type.

Give it a rest, it's still only EA with a lot of stuff missing.
Okay I'm all for looking past some bugs/unfinished content because I understand that this is early access.

But this is a valid complaint that's been written politely and thoughtfully. How do you expect TW to make the game better if people don't give their input? Is that not the entire point of early access, or do you think we're here to play the unfinished game while TW does whatever they were going to do?

Dismissing any and all criticism in the name of early access does nothing but make you look like a fool and inflame division in the community.

Okay I'm all for looking past some bugs/unfinished content because I understand that this is early access.

But this is a valid complaint that's been written politely and thoughtfully. How do you expect TW to make the game better if people don't give their input? Is that not the entire point of early access, or do you think we're here to play the unfinished game while TW does whatever they were going to do?

Dismissing any and all criticism in the name of early access does nothing but make you look like a fool and inflame division in the community.
Nah I mean like posting it a thousand times over

But of course opinions should be given, i just wish more people used the search function and posted in existing threads.

Back
Top Bottom