Troop aesthetics after the armor rework

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok is even worse then I though, finally finished my run on 1.5.3 and Dled 1.5.4 today. It's raibow armors everywhere

The xml is even worse, nothing makes sence leather with more armor then plates, chain worse then leather , full helm over chain worse then full helm over padded cloth, battanian chain shoulders have cloth modifiers, a crap load of items from same culture with the same armor values, it's feel like they used a random number generator for armor values in general. Aestetics left the room for sure not to mention the fact that every freakin soldier in 90 yo.

Heavy modding inc.

Nobody gonna mention how these items and stats modifier happened but the prices stays the same?
I used a mod for price modifying(making Imperial Scale Armor which used to be the best armor in the game)be 50K and not 500K.

Lo and behold,when joining the beta the prices have been reseted.
So it's clear to me that devs. know and want the item prices to stays this big.
Why?I just don't get it...why?

I think I can buy a town with 2 armors and 1 helmet..just..it's silly,y'know?

Nobody gonna mention how these items and stats modifier happened but the prices stays the same?
I used a mod for price modifying(making Imperial Scale Armor which used to be the best armor in the game)be 50K and not 500K.

Lo and behold,when joining the beta the prices have been reseted.
So it's clear to me that devs. know and want the item prices to stays this big.
Why?I just don't get it...why?

That just means your mod is no longer working because the developers changed something. It could be any number of things that they changed, not that they went out of their way to force the prices that high.

That just means your mod is no longer working because the developers changed something. It could be any number of things that they changed, not that they went out of their way to force the prices that high.

I agree, could be any cause for the mod to be no longer working.

What puzzles me though is that the armor "rework" feels like a half-step in the best case. So if a more thorough rework, which for example would include consistent armor values based on material and armor type, which would include equipping the troops in a coherent and visually appealing way, etc would be in the works and still be coming - why release tis half-step of a rework?

I wish someone would post some pics for us plebs who haven't updated yet
Yuuuup.. espeically that khan's guard rainbow armor lol
Qbvh8C4.png

If you want more just say so.

I actually do not understand the objection towards that Banner Knight. Those helmets aren't the nicest looking things, but they look WAY better than the older ones. F*ck that ahistorical, ugly ass dummy cone head thing. Who even thinks that looks nice? Why did TW make that, and not the Italo Norman full helm on their cover poster? You'd think they'd give their Norman inspired faction a Norman helmet. And no, f*ck historical, immersive and consistent aesthetics is the bigger deal and its not being abided by.

Rant aside, that poor Khan's Guard too. Like damn, first its the Darkhans and now its Khan's Guard. What does TW have against badass facemasks? And man, that Druzhinnik is just off. The Druzhinnik Champ looks fine to me though, basically looks like what I did in my mod.

Banner Knights have had that hood for months now.

edit: From 1.4.1
I know, but I just thought it was funny that the hood is the only improvement. At least give them some decent shoulder armor, for god's sake.

They were much better off when they had that Sturgian body armor. Their current armor's a big downgrade and its pretty heavy for its protection value. Vlandia really needs some more armors. All they have for top tier body armors is that one, and the horrid looking leather overcoat.

The make the mamluke looks ugly. Instead of focus in bugs and more things to add from warband, they hurt players by changing troops and make them fatter

Qbvh8C4.png

About BannerKnights, I just dislike their new helmet and I think they should get the old one. Druzhinnik Champion is ok IMO but regular Druzhinnik looks really bad.

BTW, why BannerKnights andare not getting Vlandian Heavy Lance and just get Vlandian Lance? It is probably in this way since the beginning but I have just been aware of this.

the regular mameluke cavalry looks way better than before. the only way you could improve their looks is by givign them the closed helmet now worn by one of their archers. the mamluke heavy cavalry and vanguard faris look bad mostly because of the body armor they wear. at least the mamluke heavy should get the armor now worn by the khan's guard.

the regular mameluke cavalry looks way better than before. the only way you could improve their looks is by givign them the closed helmet now worn by one of their archers. the mamluke heavy cavalry and vanguard faris look bad mostly because of the body armor they wear. at least the mamluke heavy should get the armor now worn by the khan's guard.
agree, the heavy mamluke should wear palace mamluke' armor and coverface helmet. Their armor now is so ugly

About BannerKnights, I just dislike their new helmet and I think they should get the old one. Druzhinnik Champion is ok IMO but regular Druzhinnik looks really bad.
I don't see how the old one was better to be honest. Apart from being absolutely hideous, it actually protects less than the current one... at least that's what I'm seeing for the stable branch. Not sure how much they messed with the beta's helmet.

I don't see how the old one was better to be honest. Apart from being absolutely hideous, it actually protects less than the current one... at least that's what I'm seeing for the stable branch. Not sure how much they messed with the beta's helmet.

The old one looks more accurated, it is not great though. It could be even better if devs would create a new one like the nexus mod you shared before.

Concerning stats, the old one protects more in the beta (52 vs 50).

Qbvh8C4.png

Thanks for this!

Lol..they basically ruined most of the units by changing their helmets
Khan's guard wasn't as bad as I imagined but the Kheshig is another issue.
I liked the golden color of the Vanguard Faris more than this purple one and I feel the Palace Guard would suffer from not having any shoulder armor

I actually do not understand the objection towards that Banner Knight. Those helmets aren't the nicest looking things, but they look WAY better than the older ones. F*ck that ahistorical, ugly ass dummy cone head thing. Who even thinks that looks nice? Why did TW make that, and not the Italo Norman full helm on their cover poster? You'd think they'd give their Norman inspired faction a Norman helmet. And no, f*ck historical, immersive and consistent aesthetics is the bigger deal and its not being abided by.

Rant aside, that poor Khan's Guard too. Like damn, first its the Darkhans and now its Khan's Guard. What does TW have against badass facemasks? And man, that Druzhinnik is just off. The Druzhinnik Champ looks fine to me though, basically looks like what I did in my mod.

+1 man. I think I already told you that I like your prof pic very much.

Back
Top Bottom