Tree lag/fps drops

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok before people scream at me saying I have a ****e rig and such. My rig isnt that bad

ATI Radeon 4800 HD Series
4 GB RAM
Intel Core Duo CPU 3.00 GHz

I've lowed everything except for resolution which is at 1280 x 1024 and texture detail at 100%

Everything else is disabled or at the lowest possible setting.

I have no problems with battle sizes of 500+ the only issue is with any trees, bushes etc...

When looking at forested area my FPS will drop from 70 fps (max 60 fps due to my monitor) to about 20 fps or lower.

I have never been able to find a fix to this, I've treid lowering the texture details, no anvil. I really dont want to lower everything down. Is there a fix for this?

Yeah turn down grass helps a lot and also anti aliasing has a big impact, especially on forested /grassy areas. Also check the catalyst control center settings, maybe you've turned something up there that's causing trouble. I don't think defragging will help in fps, just loading times and with his amount of ram I'd think the game can load everything into the memory.
Also another thing you can try is just put everythin on the lowest of low (maybe even switch to dx7) and then turn things up one by one. Maybe you can find something thats causing trouble. Also if you still have bad fps on the lowest graphic settings (and other games run fine) you can always try to reinstall Warband. You really shouldn't have problems running the game :/

I'll give them suggestions a go.

I find it confusing myself, I can play on high settings but its just the trees that annoy me. So I just play with everything down except texture detail, character detail and resolution.

Blasted trees.

Back
Top Bottom