Training Quest Big Waste of Time

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll be honest, I never did the training quest lords sometimes gave you in Warband. Mainly cause I figured it was a waste of time for very little gain(like most Warband quests, come to think of it). So far I have enjoyed most of the quests in Bannerlord. Sure, most are nothing special, but I wasn't expecting Skyrim level quests(and some of those aren't good either). Most are easy to complete and give nice relation and money rewards for your trouble. But the quest that gives you troops to train...its just...awful. For the sake of not getting them killed, you'd want to fight something weak, like bandits or looters. But if you send them in with most of your other troops, they likely won't get much xp. Now I admit I was on a new game and didn't have the money to buy extra horses for my footmen, so I was having trouble catching looters. Even so, it took like 12 days to level them all up. And that was after 3 had died(would've taken longer otherwise).

What got me was the reward. I don't remember getting any money(aside from what he gave me for troop wages). And I only got +3 relation gain from that. Like, what? Sure, maybe it would've been more had I brought them all back, but its really the journey that bothers me here, not the destination. This an example of the tedious quests I hated in Warband, and I'm glad most of the new ones aren't like this. I understand this isn't a super big deal. And I'm self aware enough to admit I probably didn't approach it in the most efficient manner. i just figured I'd voice my thoughts my most recent little adventure in Calradia.

Back
Top Bottom