Training Bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

EvilSam

Recruit
Hey. Nice mod firstly, very nice indeed  :smile:

The problem I have - I don't seem to get any experience from training, midnight/late night comes and goes but no xp. I noticed I got this on another mod too but these 2 are the only ones it seems bugged on. So is it something i've done wrong? Shall I del n reinstall the mod or can I meddle with inis or anything to make training work?  :sad:

Are you sure you have points invested in the trainer skill? Do you have troops, whose levels are lower than you?

The trainer skill only works if you have at least one point in it. The XP is given to troops who are of lower level than the char. with trainer skill. The trainer skill doesn't add XP to the player, I think.(unless he has a companion with trainer skill, and is of higher level than him?)

Hehe, yes I have points in it - I should of said that to prove i'm not completely stupid :smile:

I was assuming the troops were lower lvl than me, they are the Imp village recruits but I think I might try testing that again cause now you said it that might make some sense. Can't remember what lvl I was but I reckon I'll test it properly now. Thanks

It's an honest mistake :grin:.  Recruits are level 8, Imperial Infantry jump to 16.  For most kingdoms, units will be at least 12, while mostly 14 or higher.  It's usually not a good idea to take training early, unless you want to level your heroes faster.  Training is quite useful though once you and your heroes get high enough.  I can rake in 16k experience in one night to train a young army.

In the party menu if you talk to someone, then ask them to "Tell me about yourself", it brings up their character menu.  This is how you upgrade heroes, in case you didn't know.

Aye, didn't realise the recruits had such a (comparitively) high level and the problem was entirely one of my own making. Fortuitously that is now all sorted because I noticed I was being stupid :smile:

Now all I need to do is get high enough leadership to a) field decent armies and b) hopefully negate some of the stupidly high wages cost those capitalist bastards demand! It would incidently help if there were actually elephants in this mod too because I got the gun but can't seem to hit anything smaller than the aforementioned elephants of which it is named after, the fiends!

Gun bullets still seem to have hit detection problems once in a while.  Well sometimes A LOT, I've missed 6 times in a row being only a few feet away.  I've never had problem with shooting the shoulders to the head though :twisted:.

Renon said:
Gun bullets still seem to have hit detection problems once in a while.  Well sometimes A LOT, I've missed 6 times in a row being only a few feet away.  I've never had problem with shooting the shoulders to the head though :twisted:.
Shooting close does not work very well, but from 3 meters or more it is fine. Espcially when you get a firearms skill of 200+. Then you are like a sniper.

I just imagine the occasional hiccup with the guns as a kind of misfire or something since they are all basically flintlock and old-school. Stressful when being ridden down by something couching a lance your way but also usefully humbling at times too :smile: That being said however, I also might just reload and shoot the bastard in the head...

Back
Top Bottom