Trading and Enterprises Tips v1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont mean to be a ney-sayer but I have made over 7.5k in 2 days from fighting bandits and such in the past.... just look for the pirates they always have great loot.

i have also made a pretty nice buck of hunting bandits, outlaws and raiders in the area around Mumhan and Laighn. by day 200 something i had invested in 6 wineries and 1 tannery. with the current cashflow i visit every monastery and make large contributions, i buy my companions fancy equipment, kingdom bards sing about me and there is always a round of mead for everyone when i am in town... also i can afford to replenish armies of other lords in my kingdom, my wealth from hunting bad guys is what keeps Glastenic afloat.
when bandits seem depleted i go to Gwynedd buying silver, minerals and stone, which i sell in Pengwern and buy salt to sell in Gwynedd on my way back to Ireland.

Gibt es hier vielleicht jemanden der mir in deutsch erklären kann wie das mit den Land/acker kaufen in den Städten funktioniert und in wie weit sich das lohnen soll und wann das Gewinn abwirft?

Jazzwind said:
So now in Nov, 2014, none of this really applies anymore, except bandit hunting?
Most of it still applies. Buying silver, minerals, and stone from villages in Wales and then selling them in northern England (Crafu, Licidfeath, and nearby towns that are further north...although London seems to pay more for stone) is still the quickest way to riches in the early game. One thing not mentioned though is that breweries seem to beat wineries in profit in southern England. And I have no idea where you can buy spice, an earlier post mentioned Eoferwic but I've had no luck there.

Phoenix VII said:
Jazzwind said:
So now in Nov, 2014, none of this really applies anymore, except bandit hunting?
Most of it still applies. Buying silver, minerals, and stone from villages in Wales and then selling them in northern England (Crafu, Licidfeath, and nearby towns that are further north...although London seems to pay more for stone) is still the quickest way to riches in the early game. One thing not mentioned though is that breweries seem to beat wineries in profit in southern England. And I have no idea where you can buy spice, an earlier post mentioned Eoferwic but I've had no luck there.

Just to let you know, it does show up in Eoferwic. It was my first town, and it was sitting there in the shop when I got married and wanted a feast.

I do not think it is all that hard to make money.  I think the secret is to avoid getting too big too quick. And, you have to do a little work at he trading. But as soon as you get enough for a supply wagon it is pretty easy to keep trading up. It is work though, it is not like Native where money is never a problem.

Just watch your budget. I did and at day 30 had 8 business bringing in steady income. On businesses don't forget you can boost profit by supplying them and moving the product. I had a tannery that made me rich because I would hunt dear and give them the hides, and then take the product to towns and sell for the best profit.

Also, it is very important to get Aleifr! his high trading skill makes all the difference. Of, and start as a Bard. I got 600 renown and Bardic renown in 30 days playing music in towns. Get a little money too.

I did the Bard thing in Phantasy Calradia and was astounded I could get such reknown in so little time. I should try that here, perhaps would help w Morale issue w larger armies.  I found the mineral and stones quite useful, and have made it a habit of checking every village in said areas of Wales.  20 for silver - can't beat a 400 profit.  I will check the deer hunting out, as well.  I know Hides sell for over 600 in York, and am always looking for those.  I cheated my Trade to 10 to see how that affected my "Assess the local trade" option. Wow.  I'd not ever gone above 4 or so, not wanting to dump all those points into Trade, which never seemed to work in (most) mods.  This thread has changed my mind.  Very much appreciate the time spent into this aspect of the game.  I'd open a Dark Ages Walmart if I could. 

Appreciate the responses, always.  I tried playing the Mercantile Mod, too complicated for my aged self.  This, though, I can get into. 

I usually invest in breweries. Pictavia and York have some of the best sell prices as well as a few places in Mercia. Next, sell The Picts your pig iron, silver and copper that you bought in wales. fat $$$$$$$$$$$$

Vigrwulf said:
I usually invest in breweries. Pictavia and York have some of the best sell prices as well as a few places in Mercia. Next, sell The Picts your pig iron, silver and copper that you bought in wales. fat $$$$$$$$$$$$

Same here.

One of the things that bugged me about Brytenwalda vanilla is that one ended up doing the same economic strategy for every town.
In Reworked, I changed trading values, city production and startup costs so one can expect to have 6 or so enterprise types by mid-games.
And enterprises mid-game are almost as powerful as villages plus selling battle plunder with a wagon both of which I think are unrealistic.

gdwitt said:
One of the things that bugged me about Brytenwalda vanilla is that one ended up doing the same economic strategy for every town.
In Reworked, I changed trading values, city production and startup costs so one can expect to have 6 or so enterprise types by mid-games.
And enterprises mid-game are almost as powerful as villages plus selling battle plunder with a wagon both of which I think are unrealistic.

What do you mean by selling plunder with a wagon? I don't understand the concept. I just go to the closest towns.

Back
Top Bottom