Trading and Enterprises Tips v1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

haha, me neither, I never traded much. But in Brytenwalda, I made over 200000 in 8 weeks, using 4 ships, little inland travel and some sick traderoutes. Iron, Salt, Spice, Flax you name it. Then I went around to buy some wineries and make few quests for cities.
Trade level 3, that's maximum I'd go.

Well, anyone discovered good trade routes in 1.34? Looks like old ones (like flax to Emain Macha and salt from Seals-ey) doesn't work for me.
Enterprises are much less pfofitable now, btw.

Enterprises aren't worth it anymore, but it's ridiculously easy to make large sums trading. I wish they'd have made quests more lucrative to break things up, as it is most of your money still comes from grinding trade as quests require too much of a time investment for the rewards they offer. Selling prisoners seems to be more profitable,however, as is selling loot from battles. I havent looted any villages yet in 1.3, so I'll leave it to someone else to comment on that. Ransoms for lords appear unchanged. 

As for trade routes: Almost anywhere in Cornwall, Wales, and Ireland has cheap minerals, silver, and stone, which can be sold in the southern midlands (Oxenforda, Aegelsburh) at big markups and there you can buy beer and mead to take back to silver country. You can even buy and sell cheap goods in a single city now for a healthy profit, in defiance of the law of supply and demand.

Prince Myshkin said:
As for trade routes: Almost anywhere in Cornwall, Wales, and Ireland has cheap minerals, silver, and stone, which can be sold in the southern midlands (Oxenforda, Aegelsburh) at big markups and there you can buy beer and mead to take back to silver country. You can even buy and sell cheap goods in a single city now for a healthy profit, in defiance of the law of supply and demand.
Thank you. I'll give it a try.

I seel Beer and mead in Eorfwic between 350 and 450. You can buy it to the south east of Eorfwic for around 30-100. I forgot that town name though (the smaller city of dark green faction I believe) so you have to search a bit.

1.34 has made trading much easier. Just buy any trade good from the merchant and sell it back to the same merchant. Rinse and repeat until you have all the merchant's money then move on to the next town. No need for any trade routes anymore.

Lohi-soturi said:
1.34 has made trading much easier. Just buy any trade good from the merchant and sell it back to the same merchant. Rinse and repeat until you have all the merchant's money then move on to the next town. No need for any trade routes anymore.
A bit cheap for me (I mean as trick), and, btw, I like to play as merchant, at least part of the game.

Abyrvalg said:
Lohi-soturi said:
A bit cheap for me (I mean as trick), and, btw, I like to play as merchant, at least part of the game.

I also like being a merchant in the beginning. But since 1.34 made it possible to do this one-city trading I can't help doing it (even if I know it's a glitch). I'm hoping that they can fix it for 1.35 so I can get back to the fun of proper trading.

I buy stuff in villages and sell it to the nearest town, always with a profit. Is this a bug? I barely started the game!

no, what they're talking about was a bug in v1.34 that seems to have been corrected in 1.35. What you are doing is the "right" way, though it does feel really easy.

Demiwar said:
no, what they're talking about was a bug in v1.34 that seems to have been corrected in 1.35. What you are doing is the "right" way, though it does feel really easy.
Dude, that's outrageous! It makes the game too easy and ruins the fun! I sell to to cities of the same nation 0_0 I like to ride a bit further to trade.

I feel like a noob not knowing this but when I talk to the guild master and ask what a town needs what do the numbers mean because it seems like they never match up. Is it a good idea to bring items towns need for mid range prices instead of the minimum?

Trade in 1.39 seems a lot different than what those above describe. I'm on day 130 and have never been close to being able to afford an enterprise. I've been trading and just took my first (tiny) castle for my faction with ~150 men, 75 of which were basic peasant cannon fodder.

Trading and selling loot and now war trophies has kept me above 10,000 for a while now, with sometimes bumps to 20-30k, but no higher than that. Anyone have tips?

hotcobbler said:
Trading and selling loot and now war trophies has kept me above 10,000 for a while now, with sometimes bumps to 20-30k, but no higher than that. Anyone have tips?

i usually make money by winning tournaments, buying cheap salt, beer, mead and what is especially profitable, buying silver and mineral in wales (ca. 30-70) and selling it in north england for 400-500

I played over 300 days. My best variant of moneymaking are hunting denas and franks. you can sell the priseners and the loot. i make 20.000 per week with this variant. for hunting the denas and franks i take a troop of 55 elite (denas :grin: ) so you can take 25 priseners.

after 300 days i got 900 renown and 8 wine press + 2 tannerys. this is a good base to start a revolution in britain. :grin:

Sorry for my bad english, im a old germanic warlord.

I have almost 400,000 plus about 60,000 in my town.  Buy silver, mineral in Wales, fish in Gwynedd, sell in central part (Pengwern, Mierce), buy salt there and in Hwicce and sell in Wales and in Caer Maungauid or whatever and Linnuis. I almost never go north of Loidis. Basically go a round this big circle for a while and you'll make alot of money. Hire a merc capt when you see one and give him your most expensive troops. Hire spies and send them to cities so they would increase your relationships with them and give you better prices.

Yeah, I supported myself for a while selling cheap ale/mead from Oxford in Wales, picking up cheap minerals/silver/stone in a couple towns there at the same time, and then killing dena raiders and big groups of bandits on the way back.

I just got a small city efoeffed to me, as well as two villages, and now I'm starting to run a surplus. Thanks for the additional tips!

Back
Top Bottom