Tournaments occur more rare with a later patch

Users who are viewing this thread

R1919

Sergeant
Hello there!

I have such an issue - earlier I used to have an arena fight almost every time I visited a city. But now I've noticed that since 1.5.5 (I guess) I can't meet a tournament running in cities very often, sometimes visiting 5-6 cities at once and no arena anywhere.
So, I've decided to make an experiment - earlier I could save the game nearby of the city and even if there were no arena there I could load the saved game and try to visit it again and in 2-3 attempts I could get an arena fight in the city, guess it was randomized. But now I tried to save the game near the city and loaded several dozen times but every time I visited it there were no arena there.
I tried to find an information about changes of tournament chances in patchnotes but couldn't find any, so I suspect it can be bugged.

Last edited:
Go to a city and talk to the arena master to find out where tournaments are being run. You can click on the highlighted names of the towns and mark them on the map. Then leave and go to the closest one

Well that sounds like a good thing as last time i played there was a tourney going on everyday everwhere which kinda takes the "special-ness" out of it

Ok, what I managed to find out experimenting so far: it's still random, does the city run the tournament or not, but they have changed the moment when this verification happens - not when you are entering the city like before 1.5.5 but when you approach near the city and an eye symbol appears; guess they did it prior to implementation the 1.5.6 feature: " Whenever a player gets in the viewing range of a settlement, they can see if there is a tournament or an issue available in that settlement without visiting it."

Yeah, we need those Warband Tournaments again, with feasts and all the nobles involved. I had an entire thread about how the current tournaments feel more like a fight club for the peasents than the proper tournaments with nobles in Warband did. And don't get me wrong, we can have both. But we actually need a version of those tournaments in which only named characters and nobles participate and then have a feast. This version should also have better rewards.

Back
Top Bottom