Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

This is the first topic I've posted here so bear with me.

Mount and Blade and Warband are some of the most modded games I've seen and virtually all of the jewels in their crown are total conversion mods: Floris, Pop, The last days of the third age, Gekokujo, etc.

Even though Bannerlord isn't out yet, I think it would be great if people started bouncing ideas off of each other for total conversion mods. Since I have found no such thread after a search. I would like to dedicate this thread to that discussion.

Here's my piece as to what I would like to see in Total Conversion mods:

Floris: In M&B and Warband, Floris is a TC mod that takes the best of the regular mods and puts it all into a single package. A brilliant mod that takes Native and makes it better as a Total Conversion mod. I would like to see Floris make a return in Bannerlord. A unique feature I would want to see in Floris Bannerlord is an in-game mod manager to allow for a highly customizable Floris experience. When one goes to the main menu in Floris the is a 'mod manager' option which takes you a list of participating mods with checkboxes, toggle the boxes to activate the mods individually or click on their names for an expanded description of the mod, plus credits and maybe a couple of images. Once you've selected the mods you want to use, click Return to send back to the Main Menu and, one loading screen later, you're back with your own customized Floris experience waiting to be played.

Dawn of the Iron Age: I've seen a lot of Ancient World mods, but most of them are multiplayer only. Dawn of the Iron Age is an idea I've been toying with for a Bannerlord TC mod. The setting is the pre-Roman Mediterranean when some peoples, like the Hittites and Celtic peoples, have mastered iron working, giving stronger weapons and armor, while peoples like the Greeks and the Egyptians still use Bronze. Beyond the Mediterrannean, the map could include regions like Britannia, Germania, Scythia, Armenia, Mesopotamia, and maybe Persia.

Bannerlord is going to have a crafting system unlike its predecessors which makes Dawn of the Iron Age's bronze and Iron equipment a much easier experience to weave in. Beyond the crafting itself there will also be quests where you try to bring the invention of iron-working to people still in the Bronze Age so that they can make iron equipment of their culture.

Besides the whole iron-bronze business, Dawn of the Iron Age would also experiment with the ideas of language barriers, as well as with accurate war chariots and war elephants.

Conan the Barbarian/Age of Conan mod
LOTR mod
Star Wars Mod
Revolutionary War/French and Indian War mod
Tribal/HunterGatherer/pre history mod
Game of Thrones mod
Wild West mod

Mods with heavy focus on story, branching story lines etc

I have a plan to make a total conversion mod myself when Bannerlord come out (if they ever released the released date)
It's going be called 'Land of Alteria', where it toke inspiration when I was playing Warband a few years ago.

What the title total conversion have imply, it's going to have it own completely lore, culture, troops and new/balance changes with all the feature that bannerlord come with and if the feature I have in mind is not implement in the game, I'll find a way to make the feature I want work to make my vision of Alteria come true.

The Last Kingdom Mod, maybe, story included. Pretty much something like Viking Conquest, but with a more emphasis on the whole 'Viking' part. I want to go raid unknown lands and perhaps settle on them, funding my very own Jarldom, damn it.

Radetzky said:
Some of you might be interested in a mod we already have in preparation then (if you may, click the sig, we are recruiting).  :grin:
Documenting every-day life in the past, from childhood through marriage to funeral and everything inbetween.

I am quite interested on that. I'll keep an eye on it.

Dest45 said:
Conan the Barbarian/Age of Conan mod
LOTR mod
Star Wars Mod
Revolutionary War/French and Indian War mod
Tribal/HunterGatherer/pre history mod
Game of Thrones mod
Wild West mod

Mods with heavy focus on story, branching story lines etc

I like the idea of a pre-Colombian Americas simulator. When gathering materials for crafting equipment, make it so that you need local permission to access sites like a flint deposit. Since they didn't have currency, you would need to develop a barter system where you exchange an object(s) for object(s) of roughly equal value.

A Star Wars RPG would be great especially if one can insert space combat and transitions between space and planet maps.

Gab-AG. said:
Warband total conversion for Bannerlord.  :lol:

___
              \    \
              |    |
            /    /______
            |      ______|
_______|      ______|
                    ______|
_________________|

Yaver said:
King Yngvar said:
Viking Conquest with a bigger map

I can think of Iceland, France, Sweden, Finland, the Baltics, and the Rus. Anything else you had in mind?

I was thinking something like that, expanding the map north, south and east to include all of Scandinavia and the Baltics (+ France, Germany and parts of Russia). Or it could be all of Europe for more natural map borders, though it would take a lot more work to make.

King Yngvar said:
Yaver said:
King Yngvar said:
Viking Conquest with a bigger map

I can think of Iceland, France, Sweden, Finland, the Baltics, and the Rus. Anything else you had in mind?

I was thinking something like that, expanding the map north, south and east to include all of Scandinavia and the Baltics (+ France, Germany and parts of Russia). Or it could be all of Europe for more natural map borders, though it would take a lot more work to make.

Though it would certainly allow for a fuller experience, not just of the Vikings but Dark Ages Europe in general.

Yaver said:
Uesugi Kenshin said:
Sengoku Japan (Gekokujo mod)

Sure, 3 kingdoms China while we're at it?
Well Gekokujo IS a thing, it's a dead mod nowadays because of IRL issues of the Mod Dev Marty(he practically made the mod all by himself kudos to him).

Look it up in the Cellar-Older Warband Mods sub-forum.

If it was made by one guy on Warband, surely it can be made on the Bannerlord engine (which is supposed to be be more mod friendly anyway).

I'd actually want a Native Warband mod, with assets that look more or less like the original game, but adapted to Bannerlord's quality standards, plus all the features that the new game has to offer. Essentially, a reskin.

Yaver said:
like the Hittites and Celtic peoples, have mastered iron working, giving stronger weapons and armor, while peoples like the Greeks and the Egyptians still use Bronze

I would visit the subforum https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,43.0.html to discuss this in more detail, as just putting iron weapons as better/superior to bronze would break any sense of historical value, it would just be a gameplay gimmick. You are better off with a simplistic version of iron weapons = big armies, bronze weapons = stronger and smaller armies, then go from there and implement features like new tech discoveries, etc to enhance the game progress. It also makes for a interesting element on trade wars and the requirements for conquering/keeping trade alliances with areas with resources (copper and tin) for the bronze factions.

Well, i would love to see a Skyrim mod, but not focused on the Dragonborn lore, and getting into the Stormcloak rebellion.  (here comes a little Skyrim spoiler)
After playing the game in both sides of the rebellion, I was expecting a huge battle between the Imperials and Stormcloaks in the siege of Whiterun.

After this [information on the spoiler above], I was just wondering how great it would be if we had a Skyrim mod that pictures the momment of the civil war in Skyrim, representing all the great cities, the Jarl's, the Forsworn, the Imperials, the Thalmor and some minor factions, giving the possibility of resolving the conflict by joining Ulfric and conquering Skyrim, the Imperials and crushing the rebellion, even the Forsworn and try to take back Skyrim to the old roots. Or maybe rebell and try to take Skyrim by yourself... And NO dragons!

Horik6697 said:
Well, i would love to see a Skyrim mod, but not focused on the Dragonborn lore, and getting into the Stormcloak rebellion.  (here comes a little Skyrim spoiler)
After playing the game in both sides of the rebellion, I was expecting a huge battle between the Imperials and Stormcloaks in the siege of Whiterun.

After this [information on the spoiler above], I was just wondering how great it would be if we had a Skyrim mod that pictures the momment of the civil war in Skyrim, representing all the great cities, the Jarl's, the Forsworn, the Imperials, the Thalmor and some minor factions, giving the possibility of resolving the conflict by joining Ulfric and conquering Skyrim, the Imperials and crushing the rebellion, even the Forsworn and try to take back Skyrim to the old roots. Or maybe rebell and try to take Skyrim by yourself... And NO dragons!

You're on to something with an elder scrolls mod, but imperial vs stormcloaks, plus forsworn and maybe vampires, feels like too small a focus when there is also Bretons, Khajiit, Argonians, and all the Mer races. What I'm saying is that Skyrim is nice but a mod that envelops all of Tamriel, maybe toss in Akavir while we're at it, could be even better. (I too was dismayed by the small armies at the sieges)

Back
Top Bottom