Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

I like the idea of a prehistoric mod. Having warring tribes, wandering hunters and gatherers, roaming herds of woolly mammoths, sabertooth cats and other critters. Communities could be mud huts, caves, log, etc. Economy could be trading furs, primative mining/stonework, foods, etc. Weapons and armor could be made from hides, furs, stone, flint, wood, etc. Could have henges, various primitive religions...

Just kind of rattled that off somewhat incoherently,  but whatever.

a mod for king of the north
I dont talk about game of thrones I bet we have one I talk about a mod about vikings or battles of carolus rex(Swedish Warrior king) basically a mod set in northern Europe.

also I have other ıdeas as well  :idea:

china and far east(or warring states period japan)
age of charlamange
Muslim Invasions of spain or Re-conquest
american Indepence
russian civil war

also I have a really good prehistoric mod idea but I will keep this hidden until time is rigth...
(a diffrent kind of prehistory)
Polarmartian said:
I like the idea of a prehistoric mod. Having warring tribes, wandering hunters and gatherers, roaming herds of woolly mammoths, sabertooth cats and other critters. Communities could be mud huts, caves, log, etc. Economy could be trading furs, primative mining/stonework, foods, etc. Weapons and armor could be made from hides, furs, stone, flint, wood, etc. Could have henges, various primitive religions...

pre historic mod is very cool Just like I said before but it is harder than it looks

if you want to do things rigth you need to research prehistoric times you will see the biggest challange is not culture or armor they can be fiction since no one knows about tribes and clothing(if there is any)
or spacial wepons prehistoric times
I think harder part is making map historically correct there are info about prehistoric world

the whole world was only a SİNGLE CONTİNENT but it was very complex to historically represent all the first era continents like africa europe and asia in one landmess

Brave Sir said:
I dont talk about game of thrones I bet we have one I talk about a mod about vikings or battles of carolus rex(Swedish Warrior king) basically a mod set in northern Europe.

age of charlamange
american Indepence
russian civil war

also I have a really good prehistoric mod idea but I will keep this hidden until time is rigth...
Polarmartian said:

pre historic mod is very cool Just like I said before but it is harder than it looks

if you want to do things rigth you need to research prehistoric times you will see the biggest challange is not culture or armor they can be fiction since no one knows about tribes and clothing(if there is any)
I think harder part is making map historically correct there are info about prehistoric world

the whole world was only a SİNGLE CONTİNENT but it was very complex to historically represent all the first era continents like africa europe and asia in one landmess

True, coming up with the prehistoric cultures would be tricky. It'd be difficult to make them feel unique, while still beimg technologically plausible.

Polarmartian said:
Brave Sir said:

age of charlamange
american Indepence
russian civil war

Polarmartian said:

True, coming up with the prehistoric cultures would be tricky. It'd be difficult to make them feel unique, while still beimg technologically plausible.
I wonder if there will be any extraordinary mods for bannerlord like space colony or star wars Single player.

edit: but I am sure there will be mods about game of thrones & warband conversion project  :fruity:

Just do prehistoric Calradia instead of the real world. You would be writing the lore yourself and get to decide the map.

Lord Brutus said:
NPC99 said:
Reus said:
Just do prehistoric Calradia instead of the real world. You would be writing the lore yourself and get to decide the map.

Maybe, Bannerlord's horse animations and scaling will be sufficiently flexible to include dinosaurs.  :grin:
I don't see why not.  Warband already has helicopters, dinosaurs seem less taxing.

Tutorial quest - ambush a T.REX with a sharp twig :grin:

I really like Phantasy Calradia.  Wonder whether 'magic' effects, area effects (fire bombs, explosives?) could be expanded upon.  Since it’s a new game engine maybe theres more room for star wars battlefront 2 style grenades and maybe more siege weapons.  Or Vehicles.  How about a swimming mechanic?  Or a wall climbing mechanic?

Well, first i'll play the hell out of Bannerlord and learn how the game and it's new engine works, then i'll work on an Elder Scrolls mod. I saw the other TES mod that's been made for warband but the guy is clearly using stolen assets from bethesda and they are completely against that so i'll work on my own with assets made by myself, OSPs and what i can get of help in the future. It's my pet project that i have been preparing myself for a few years now, even took 3d modelling classes just for it.

At first i was going to start it for warband but after the engine power video in blog 8 i decided to wait for bannerlord and work on assets, map, ideas and writing down all i'll need for the mod. I'm mainly working on concepts and architecture now since it will probably be easier to convert to bannerlord standards. When the mod really takes off, i'll take my time and work a province at a time to not overburden myself and get stuck in development hell, later when i have a working beta i'll try to attract a team to help speed things up.

The mod will feature Tamriel during the interregnum, a few decades before ESO's timeline so it'll not have the huge alliances locked in a world war, instead it'll be divided into many petty kingdoms to make the mod more interesting, i love large amounts of factions, vanilla warband has to few for my tastes, i'm planning some 40 factions in total +-, divided into the 10 main cultures of Tamriel for version 1.0 of the mod.

https://www.amazon.com/Song-Axe-John-R-Dann/dp/0812589505#immersive-view_1502860335407

I think when people want pre history they want the culture and technology they had. Everything can be fictional just primitive. That book I posted really hits the prehistoric itch for me, minus the magic

Kharille said:
I really like Phantasy Calradia.  Wonder whether 'magic' effects, area effects (fire bombs, explosives?) could be expanded upon.  Since it’s a new game engine maybe theres more room for star wars battlefront 2 style grenades and maybe more siege weapons.  Or Vehicles.  How about a swimming mechanic?  Or a wall climbing mechanic?
maybe we see other chapters of ligth&darkness on bannerlord  :fruity:

Dest45 said:
https://www.amazon.com/Song-Axe-John-R-Dann/dp/0812589505#immersive-view_1502860335407

I think when people want pre history they want the culture and technology they had. Everything can be fictional just primitive. That book I posted really hits the prehistoric itch for me, minus the magic
of course it depends on your imaginary mind.

I wish to try mods but at least I will play native for 1 month  then mods for 1 year good bye social life :grin:

Dest45 said:

MB2: Spore  / MB2: Civilization

You start from a pre-historic setting by creating your clan, and progress through history until the age of guns. Each phase/chapter expands the map, adds more tech, factions, places, etc.

kalarhan said:
Dest45 said:

MB2: Spore  / MB2: Civilization

You start from a pre-historic setting by creating your clan, and progress through history until the age of guns. Each phase/chapter expands the map, adds more tech, factions, places, etc.

That mod would never be completed. Sadly.

Back
Top Bottom