Too easy to get top tier weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

shoshuro said:
Burzum said:
Yeah that's what I thought... finding them on my new start with 4 looting... Market prices for op weapons like Fine Hornbows and Ebony longswords are way too low, same with hiring Adventurers, I can have a poor start to 10k in 20 mins. Can anyone recommend a challenging Character start? Don't really feel like going Female but I may have to, played this mod so many times. difficulty is maxed apart from combat size at 200 due to my cpu. Getting new gear at the start and leveling up/gearing up is the most fun I have getting sapphire bows or Rune Axes and getting 50+ kills in open field and 150+ in sieges just gets boring.

1. No elixirs, tournaments, arenas (real men earn their stats/money in the battlefield).
2. Use mercs only, a small party of 16-18 to grind / help lords in the early game.
3. Warrior character (horse, morningstar / light lance / shield / 2h). No bows maybe a crossbow for sieges.
4. Have 1 village & 1 castle max.
5. If you make a CKO, train up to the average of normal KO (400 profs for example).

Real men don't give a **** and do what they want (within moral reasons ofc)

Try playing brainiac character. Bare minimum STR/AGI and dump everything into INT and CHA. The game will be much harder if you don't have stats to wear plate armour, ride a warhorse and use good bows.

Sarin said:
Try playing brainiac character. Bare minimum STR/AGI and dump everything into INT and CHA. The game will be much harder if you don't have stats to wear plate armour, ride a warhorse and use good bows.

Sarin thats the easiest way to play the game ? stack int and prisoner management, hire adventurers to a group of 15 and take down 50 stacks with high looting and trade, you don't need kills, your mercs are so op. All my settings are on good and normal damage, I will try brainybots mod when i finish work, 0 stats and money start is great fun, I make a great cheerleader of men.

AttilaWalker said:
Feel too overpowered because of ebony weapons which are used by some soldiers from commoner troop tree? Up the difficulty then and add Brainy bots on top, tweak a bit as default WP borders are for vanilla (from 100 to 200).

What woud you suggest as a WP range for it?

You could start a pure Priest character, I have tried a few times but just can't get the enthusiasm (or skill) to carry on for long with them.

Restrictions you can try;
Male (for the tonsure hairstyle :smile:), choose the Priest or civilian options where available, for characters start & father died option.
Only hire the nicest,most pious companions, if you want any that is.
You and the companions will only use Robes,hoods, clubs, Quarter staffs & stones.  All starting gear & loot is sold, but may keep a herd of horses in the inventory, Unarmoured horses can be ridden.

Hire peasants from what ever faction you want but never upgrade them, ideally you want your army to compose of only  troops from the Pilgrim troop tree... eventually.
From level 2+ never learn any military skills, but weapon skills can be upgraded.
In a battle command your troops as you wish, but you can never engage an opponent except in self defense.  Only evil men/women/Lords can be taken prisoner & sold, all peasants, farmers, faction troops will be set free to return to their families and give up this life of warfare.

You will help every village you pass, but only help guild masters once in order to set up an enterprise.  The only enterprises you can set up are the bread & Winemakers.

Now I am not sure how you would handle becoming a vassal & uniting Pendor as I have never got that far  :ohdear:

Burzum said:
Is it just me or is it really easy to get balanced/tempered Ebony weapons 10-15 mins into the game "from the market."

Wow! I thought I was reasonable at the game, but your playing on full damage, and 10 minutes in have 20k to drop on a sword? Are you saying an ebony weapon is a bigger advantage than 2 enterprises?

Lucan said:

I didn't change lower one (100) and I used Hero Adventurer as a marker for the top, so it's 100-500 for me. I also changed block chances from 70-90 to 60-90, as militia was too good with standart ones. Kicks and kick avoidance are on, the only mechanics the game has against shield turtling.

Anyway, you can change options or turn the whole mod on/off during gameplay after entering any scene via hotkey. And it's very tempting during Noldor tournaments. They become absolute hell :grin:

Main differences you'll notice with any settings, even easiest possible:
1. No more artificial delay for bots after blocked hit, so 100% safe sequence block->hit from vanilla doesn't work.
2. If the bot readies a swing, he now can morph it into a block if he wants to (same as you).
3. And free poking to the face from horseback with spear while soloing bandits is almost gone. They will recognize your swing even if you prepaired it from far away and block it (if dices roll right). Couch your lance or poke occupied enemies.

AttilaWalker said:
Lucan said:

I didn't change lower one (100) and I used Hero Adventurer as a marker for the top, so it's 100-500 for me. I also changed block chances from 70-90 to 60-90, as militia was too good with standart ones. Kicks and kick avoidance are on, the only mechanics the game has against shield turtling.

Anyway, you can change options or turn the whole mod on/off during gameplay after entering any scene via hotkey. And it's very tempting during Noldor tournaments. They become absolute hell :grin:

Main differences you'll notice with any settings, even easiest possible:
1. No more artificial delay for bots after blocked hit, so 100% safe sequence block->hit from vanilla doesn't work.
2. If the bot readies a swing, he now can morph it into a block if he wants to (same as you).
3. And free poking to the face from horseback with spear while soloing bandits is almost gone. They will recognize your swing even if you prepaired it from far away and block it (if dices roll right). Couch your lance or poke occupied enemies.
I tried it, and it was hell of a fun, and battles seem to be more fluent now, cause the ai reacts in a reasonable way, even against sangilian armies, i fought, didnt lose as many as before, cause ai reacted with their shields reasonable... was fun.
Thanx for the push to brainy :smile:

palewarrior said:
You could start a pure Priest character, I have tried a few times but just can't get the enthusiasm (or skill) to carry on for long with them.

Restrictions you can try;
Male (for the tonsure hairstyle :smile:), choose the Priest or civilian options where available, for characters start & father died option.
Only hire the nicest,most pious companions, if you want any that is.
You and the companions will only use Robes,hoods, clubs, Quarter staffs & stones.  All starting gear & loot is sold, but may keep a herd of horses in the inventory, Unarmoured horses can be ridden.

Hire peasants from what ever faction you want but never upgrade them, ideally you want your army to compose of only  troops from the Pilgrim troop tree... eventually.
From level 2+ never learn any military skills, but weapon skills can be upgraded.
In a battle command your troops as you wish, but you can never engage an opponent except in self defense.  Only evil men/women/Lords can be taken prisoner & sold, all peasants, farmers, faction troops will be set free to return to their families and give up this life of warfare.

You will help every village you pass, but only help guild masters once in order to set up an enterprise.  The only enterprises you can set up are the bread & Winemakers.

Now I am not sure how you would handle becoming a vassal & uniting Pendor as I have never got that far  :ohdear:
ooh this actually sounds like a good challenge.

Hatchet said:
Burzum said:
Is it just me or is it really easy to get balanced/tempered Ebony weapons 10-15 mins into the game "from the market."

Wow! I thought I was reasonable at the game, but your playing on full damage, and 10 minutes in have 20k to drop on a sword? Are you saying an ebony weapon is a bigger advantage than 2 enterprises?

Last one I saw was about 8k balanced ebony longsword way too cheap when u can join a lord battle with 5 men capture their KO prisoners and sell them for 3-4k with auto calc. I want to work my way up gradually, but yes an enterprise or two would be way more beneficial early game, I just like racing flashy gear first. Autocalc rewards are waaaay too good when u can be level 1 joining a 200 v 150 battle autocalc and come away with 4k profit. I normally start my char with high Prisoner Management and Looting.

Burzum said:
I don't understand how killing a few hundred men without a scratch is fun, I pretty much only get wiped when I fast travel into armies or try to solo knights while on foot with no shield.

I can only imagine being that good yet.  Even with a full kit of top-tier (shop) gear, I still find myself getting beat up and knocked out by a stray bolt to the face or something quite frequently.

Hatchet said:

In the short term, it probably is.  The sword will help you get more kills (ie more XP) and rely less on your men to help carry you (ie fewer expenses) in better (more rewarding) fights - so if you don't have my problem of being easily killed, it's probably a faster ROI in the early game. 

OTOH...

Burzum said:
Last one I saw was about 8k balanced ebony longsword way too cheap when u can join a lord battle with 5 men capture their KO prisoners and sell them for 3-4k with auto calc. I want to work my way up gradually, but yes an enterprise or two would be way more beneficial early game, I just like racing flashy gear first. Autocalc rewards are waaaay too good when u can be level 1 joining a 200 v 150 battle autocalc and come away with 4k profit. I normally start my char with high Prisoner Management and Looting.

I haven't tried that myself, but it sounds like the problem is more with the autocalc than with the availability of the gear itself.  Grinding for the gear without abusing autocalc is a bit slower, at least in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom