Too easy to get top tier weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it just me or is it really easy to get balanced/tempered Ebony weapons 10-15 mins into the game "from the market."
having such overpowered weapons so early takes so much fun out of the game and makes it way too easy to become overpowered quickly. I've had to limit myself to no bows and no horse otherwise the game doesn't feel exciting and knowing the strongest builds makes vanilla seem harder. Not boasting about skill but I have had many playthroughs of this mod and I play on normal difficulty, apart from just maxing the difficulty where it doesn't feel realistic with damage is there anyway of making it harder to get top tier non rune weapons?

Depending on looting skill if higher you get easier ebony swords, in my case I get from looter and bandit bands. Try playing on max. difficulty if you found POP too easy

Yeah that's what I thought... finding them on my new start with 4 looting... Market prices for op weapons like Fine Hornbows and Ebony longswords are way too low, same with hiring Adventurers, I can have a poor start to 10k in 20 mins. Can anyone recommend a challenging Character start? Don't really feel like going Female but I may have to, played this mod so many times. difficulty is maxed apart from combat size at 200 due to my cpu. Getting new gear at the start and leveling up/gearing up is the most fun I have getting sapphire bows or Rune Axes and getting 50+ kills in open field and 150+ in sieges just gets boring.

A challenging character startup? Well. Pick whatever options you'd like for the sake of roleplaying only, then export your character, reset all your attributes, skills, weapon profs and money to 0 and import the character back. Then throw out every single item from your equipment screen and inventory. And tadaa! :iamamoron:

This will bring the early and mid-game to a new level. You will not look for the coolest equipment pieces, but for the ones that have low or no requirements. Which can still be surprisingly good... You will just love Kaverra's Manopener for instance, especially at the start :razz:

Of course, over time, you can just gain back all the weapon profs that you threw out. For skills and attributes, you still got the good 'ol elixirs, achievements and books. Your companions can still take care for the party skills, and they can still train your CKO and your troops just as before. You can also gain as much renown as you'd like to, so party size won't be a limiting factor either in the end. After all, it's your troops that win wars, not your character. So the end-game is literally the same. But you'll have the challenging early-game that you asked for at least. :wink:

P.S.: I did the above "0 start" playthrough once, and I can tell you that it was quite interesting! :fruity:

Burzum said:
Yeah that's what I thought... finding them on my new start with 4 looting... Market prices for op weapons like Fine Hornbows and Ebony longswords are way too low, same with hiring Adventurers, I can have a poor start to 10k in 20 mins. Can anyone recommend a challenging Character start? Don't really feel like going Female but I may have to, played this mod so many times. difficulty is maxed apart from combat size at 200 due to my cpu. Getting new gear at the start and leveling up/gearing up is the most fun I have getting sapphire bows or Rune Axes and getting 50+ kills in open field and 150+ in sieges just gets boring.

1. No elixirs, tournaments, arenas (real men earn their stats/money in the battlefield).
2. Use mercs only, a small party of 16-18 to grind / help lords in the early game.
3. Warrior character (horse, morningstar / light lance / shield / 2h). No bows maybe a crossbow for sieges.
4. Have 1 village & 1 castle max.
5. If you make a CKO, train up to the average of normal KO (400 profs for example).

shoshuro said:
Burzum said:

1. No elixirs, tournaments, arenas (real men earn their stats/money in the battlefield).
2. Use mercs only, a small party of 16-18 to grind / help lords in the early game.
3. Warrior character (horse, morningstar / light lance / shield / 2h). No bows maybe a crossbow for sieges.
4. Have 1 village & 1 castle max.
5. If you make a CKO, train up to the average of normal KO (400 profs for example).

Done all these things apart from #4, 90% of my Warband playtime is Pendor and I've been playing for a few years now. Gorvex's Idea was actually what was going through my head as I just tried to solo 5 dawn knights with 15 polearm proficiency and a saddle horse and Died on the last one as one of my peasants blocked me and I lost my horse. Trying to solo 2 knights of the dawn over and over with 15 polearm prof and no horse or shield is a bad idea  :lol:

You can roleplay with a bit more restrictions item wise. For example, I play as a Mettenheim captain.

Try to:
- buy only Met items (as soon as you can afford them), so can't buy Ebony Flamberge for example
- keep whatever you looted till you can buy Zweihander
- no horses
- only Met troops in party
- only Frederic as a companion

Barclay is also viable (only their troops, only Donovan, only gear from their troop tree). It can be depressing to see the Balanced Ebony Flamberge in store, while wielding rusty Claymore, but far more satisfying in the end. :smile:

I really hate having to put restrictions on myself tho >.< Archery is the most fun I have in this game but it's too easy, I did what gorvex said 0 to all stats, skills and 1 to all profs with no items or gold, Wish me luck :smile:

Back to the original problem tho, I think removing Siege Crossbows, Hornbows and Ebony weapons from the Markets would be so much better, So much better finding them as loot and celebrating.

Gorvex said:
A challenging character startup? Well. Pick whatever options you'd like for the sake of roleplaying only, then export your character, reset all your attributes, skills, weapon profs and money to 0 and import the character back. Then throw out every single item from your equipment screen and inventory. And tadaa! :iamamoron:

This will bring the early and mid-game to a new level. You will not look for the coolest equipment pieces, but for the ones that have low or no requirements. Which can still be surprisingly good... You will just love Kaverra's Manopener for instance, especially at the start :razz:

Of course, over time, you can just gain back all the weapon profs that you threw out. For skills and attributes, you still got the good 'ol elixirs, achievements and books. Your companions can still take care for the party skills, and they can still train your CKO and your troops just as before. You can also gain as much renown as you'd like to, so party size won't be a limiting factor either in the end. After all, it's your troops that win wars, not your character. So the end-game is literally the same. But you'll have the challenging early-game that you asked for at least. :wink:

P.S.: I did the above "0 start" playthrough once, and I can tell you that it was quite interesting! :fruity:

Gorvex THIS IS AMAZING THANK YOU! That feeling when u run in 8 v 12 peasants naked and u find a Boar spear just in time to save your life is exhilarating. 0 looting still gave me a full invent nearly from this one battle and I'm kitted up now  :sad:

I not understand masochistic challenges because I playing all games and mods on easy and medium, but I playing only as ladies

I don't understand how killing a few hundred men without a scratch is fun, I pretty much only get wiped when I fast travel into armies or try to solo knights while on foot with no shield.
Having enough money to hire a single Mercenary Highlander then watching him solo 15 brigands is the funniest thing. Exporting, editing and importing is great when u forget to change your level to 1 so it takes soo long to level up.  :smile:

I considers soloing a bit risky and weird, but I prefer a commander setup(comically I not get so much kills using this thing)

Arnulf Floyd said:
I considers soloing a bit risky and weird, but I prefer a commander setup(comically I not get so much kills using this thing)

My highlander solo'd the 15 brigands while I was his naked cheerleader :fruity:, I fast traveled into an army of Singalian Temptresses and lost my weapon  :mrgreen:

Feel too overpowered because of ebony weapons which are used by some soldiers from commoner troop tree? Up the difficulty then and add Brainy bots on top, tweak a bit as default WP borders are for vanilla (from 100 to 200).

I found it much better than handicapping myself and still being able to kill HAs in close combat from lvl1 if it comes to melee.

It shifts balance in field battles a bit but (just my opinion):
1. Otherwise Demigod player shifts it much stronger.
2. it's a joy to watch a lone dehorsed Twilight Knight clearing several enemies around him with precise slashes and good footwork instead of shouting at the screen "Block! You idiot!"

Comparing restrict with yourself, why not just try to play the game in a harder way?

Like solo alone all the way before reaching level 32? It is lore-friendly to a low fantasy world like PoP, possible and cool gameplay wise.

It is not hard to get very good items in PoP because it is a world that you are forced to face fancy dark knights at the start, many rogue knights have good items like that too.

Just, it is totally unnecessary to restrict yourself in PoP world, as long as you are playing it in hardest(“normal”)setting.

Will it be too easy for you to input a knight of dawn character and solo a party of sea raiders? :razz:

Back
Top Bottom