ToME4

Users who are viewing this thread

Taimat396

Baron
It's good. You should play it.

Basically it's a roguelike with actual graphics and a plot, loose though it is. Can have limited extra lives and stuff too, and it's generally less frustrating than most on account of less bull**** deaths. Pretty simple to get into, but crazy hard to actually win. I've yet to actually get half way through. ****eload of classes and they're all really different from each other. I'm currently using three characters - An mage who's standard M.O is to throw fireballs, lightning and lasers at things one after another, a super heavily armoured sword/shield guy who kills things by counterattacking and shield bashes and picked up a little supportive magic (along with an annoying curse makes any weapons he picks up worse), and a psionic who creates thermal, electric and kinetic barriers...Then collapses them into a greatsword and beats people to death with it telekinetically WHILE beating them to death with a second greatsword via standard hands.

So yeah, play it.

Go here, download beta 36. Online profiles are optional, they basically let you share unlocks and **** between computers and talk to people since the game has built in chat. While actually unlocking stuff is kinda fun given how balls hard some of it is (Mindslayers), you CAN unlock everything by editing a text file. Just bear in mind that most of the unlock classes and especially races are quite a bit harder to use than the basic stuff.

Also, autoexplore is your friend. Especially for the goddamn trollmire.

Paradox mage is great. Had some incredibly fitting anomalies. Try to kill a honey tree? Spell fails, causes anomaly. Namely, a dozen dwarven woodcutters are dragged to this point in time to attack the tree.

Oh, and this happened when I tried to create a gravity well to smush some elves:
Sug1y.jpg

It's also hilarious, as it happens. My paradox mage got basically unkillable - huge AoE disables and lots of damage over time. The problem being that they don't have a mana bar. Instead they have paradox, which fills as they **** with time and space. Higher it is, the more likely **** goes wrong whenever you try to cast a spell. Sometimes it just fizzles, sometimes it backfires and you hit yourself. Sometimes you get an anomaly such as those two in the OP. Sometimes you get an anomaly that collapses your current position into a gravity well that kills you instantly because your damage is so high  :lol:

Right now I'm rolling with a necromancer with one spell with a huge area of effect that does quite a bit of damage, and a disposable army. Kill a few guys, steal their souls, then when you get to something hard (Or in the way), summon half a dozen skeletal mages to **** them up. Or in my case, get teleported behind me and **** ME up because they're given really stupid AI and don't care if you're in the way :razz:

F:\Users\Name\T-Engine\4.0\profiles\online\modules\tome - You want allow_build.profile.

Most of it's pretty straight forward. This is mine:

Code:
mage_wildfire = true
tutorial_done = true
afflicted_doomed = true
wilder_wyrmic = true
mage_pyromancer = true
warrior_brawler = true
psionic_mindslayer = true
campaign_arena = true
mage = true
afflicted = true
campaign_infinite_dungeon = true
divine_anorithil = true
rogue_poisons = true
chronomancer_paradox_mage = true
chronomancer = true
divine_sun_paladin = true
mage_necromancer = true
corrupter_reaver = true
undead = true
celestial_sun_paladin = true
rogue_marauder = true
corrupter = true
celestial = true
yeek = true
celestial_anorithil = true
afflicted_cursed = true
birth_transmo_chest = true
divine = true
psionic = true
wilder_summoner = true
corrupter_corruptor = true
chronomancer_temporal_warden = true
mage_cryomancer = true
undead_skeleton = true
mage_tempest = true
skeleton = true
mage_geomancer = true

You'll need to edit it in notepad++ or something, regular notepad won't work. If you've never beaten the Old Forest, the transmog chest will be pretty confusing. Basically you pick up everything you walk on automatically and it's stored in a separate inventory that doesn't encumber you. Change level, and you get an option to remove stuff. Anything left over is destroyed and converted into gold. Pre old forest, it's just gold. Once you beat that, it does something extra.

Played with a bulwark for 54 minutes then I opened a door in that ruined castle outside Dreth and a snake killed me. Still, pretty fun game, gonna have to roll another character.

Nairagorn said:
Good lord starting as undead is tough. Warrior skeletons just mess me up, I can usually take one and I'll have a sliver of health left. Two? Forget it, dead.

Yeah, I'm actually playing a skeletal rogue right now. Rogues in general are really weak early, too, and the undead start is the second hardest after yeek. Granted, I died every time because of opening vaults.

Kazzan said:
Played with a bulwark for 54 minutes then I opened a door in that ruined castle outside Dreth and a snake killed me. Still, pretty fun game, gonna have to roll another character.

Yeah, you don't wanna go to the ruined castle until level 16-20ish. It's completely random what you'll find there. Different rules apply.

Basically what you want to do is all of the starter zones: Trollmire, Norgos, Gloom, Kor'Pul, Scintillating caves and Rhaloran stronghold. Then you want to do the lumberjack village event (Which pops up a little north and west of Last Hope) and the trapped event (which can pop up anywhere - You get a message about some cry for help). Then the four next plot dungeons (Preferably starting with Sandworm lair and definitely ending with Diakara) and the derth attack. Note, go to derth before level 10 and go to the northmost bit for a guy to send you to an arena. It's easy and you get two generic points to spend for it. Derth attack can be really dangerous because they spam lightning.

While doing those four with diakara etc, you want to do the Ruined Dungeon, the unknown compound (Which gives you the best ring in the game if you accent the slaver's offer - I kill him after getting it and MAYBE a farportal. You should probably go to Angolwen and doo Urkis after doing diakara. DON'T go into the temporal rift - Go kill the boss of Diakara, and if that's easy, THEN you can go temporal rift.

After that you do Dreadfell, which will almost certainly kill you.

This? This is why I love Bulwarks:

S3qT8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom