Tip for those who have a hard time aiming with a pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Nethros

Master Knight
There is some mods that got Muskets and those stuff (Pirates, Waterloo etc). If it just isn't me, when I first got the mod Pirates, I was like aiming like crap.

But a while later, I switched to First-Person, and had zoom on. I fired a shot at a person and got a headshot.

This happened multiple times for me without missing. Again, if it wasn't just me who was really playing bad, then this should help all of you who got the same problem. So stop your whining for gods sake! (To those sensitive persons: This is a joke and I was not told by anyone to stroke it with a line or so.)

Sorry if I made this in the wrong forum.

Nethros

Technically the wrong forum, but the same principle applies to pretty much any ranged weapon, so I'll let you off :smile:

You can see the effects of this in vanilla. Stand next to the Zendar trainer, pull out a crossbow and aim (without zooming) at the slave traders head. Hold shift to zoom and you'll notice the reticle is actually a foot or so above the guys head. If you were using a bow you'd likely need to aim a little higher to get a headshot, since you need to compensate for the arc of the arrow. A crossbow flies straighter, so you'll likely need to lower the aim a bit to guarantee a headshot.

But aiming in first person view is not the same as in third-person (with and without zoom), whenever I switch to first person, the arrow always goes not where the crosshair is.

Sorry, sorry and sorry again for making this in the wrong forum. Which one should I put topics like this in?

Chel: But it works, right? =D

Chel said:
But aiming in first person view is not the same as in third-person (with and without zoom), whenever I switch to first person, the arrow always goes not where the crosshair is.

Accuracy depends on your skill with the weapon. You should also bear in mind that the arrow isn't fired in a straight line, but arcs (even with a crossbow), meaning you'll hit higher than you aim for at close range and lower than your aiming for at long range. Its the same in 3rd Person view, its just less noticable.

Which one should I put topics like this in?
Ideally the board or thread for the Mod your using. Like I said though, these kind of principles apply to aiming with any ranged weapon, so its equally valid to vanilla.

The biggest difference that I noticed was the time delay on the firearms. You have to be aiming when it actually fires. I don't see where changing the view makes much difference though.

When you use first-person, you zoom in, so it's a bit easier to pick of those far away people. Plus, as someone else has already said, when you go into first-person, the reticle is in a different (presumably the correct) spot.

I wouldn't call it correct.

It conpensates in 3rd person, so that means that i aim down a bit for closer targets ect.

works just fine.

firearms are generally more accurate than you would expect, because the bullet travels so fast, it has less time to move away from the center of the crosshair before it hits its target.

I.E They work best at close range.

Oddly enough, I am so used to aiming in third person that when I shift to first, all my shots miss high.  I think the reticle is off for 1st person shots, it just worked for the OP because he was shooting at close range, which lifted all his shots aimed at the chest into headshots.

Back
Top Bottom