Time

Users who are viewing this thread

OK so as it is now, the longest game i have ever had was about 300 days in game, that was fine before, but with the addition of ages, and ageing, and marrage, so this is my suggestion.
There are many ways to have it work but here are some i thought of, so ether at a certain in game day, or at a certain level, there would be the option of doing a "time jump" where a certain amount of time passes by.  There would be some type of menu like when your creating your charactor, it would have multiple choice, varying on ones done before.  So each time you did this a few years would pass by.  This way, ageing is more impotent, and there would be the option of having children once you are married.
I can see at least one problem with this, when i was thinking of it i assumed the player would have joined or created a faction, but if he stays independent, there would be the problem of were he would stay, and so on.
I think there are probably ways around this, or make it so you cant do this unless you join/create, a faction.

Hmmm.... and iwhen time pass by, nothing happens? Factions are still the same, Castles towns and villages would have the same owner since all this time, ect?
I don't really think it's a good idea.
But adding an otpion to make the time pass faster when you camp ( you just choose if rh time pass 2 times faster, or more... ) , and slow down when an enemy party approachs would be a good thing.

I'm sorry i didn't make it clear, no the factions would change, castles won and lost, towns won and lost, all that would be determend by choice the player makes, so while on campaign you can make choices to attack or not, all this would be done via the menu like when creating your character.

:???: did you not read the OP? i know its kinda hard to understand (it was late when i posted it) but that's not it, there would be player input, and what happens depends on what you select, and i was also thinking that perhaps any battles that take place in the "time jumps" you would fight in, that way if you win or lose, depends on you options.

I think this is a good idea but how will you make enough money to fund your men and stuff? Would you just stay in your town or castle? Will you be able to decide to help defend the town your at during a siege?

Yes, you would have the option to help defend a place from enemies.  And about the money, you would get the money from your fiefs, and there would be so much money for various things that happen, like you go on a champagne, you get so much money.

There are some things to test and work out.

like you go on a champagne

I wanna go on a champagne.  :cry:

I know what you mean by time jump, but the manner in which you want to implement it is redundant, and really IS like a complete game calculator beyond epic proportions. Being able to select a laundry list of actions you want performed, then clicking a button just to see it being done (regardless of whether or not they were good or bad choices to lead to the desired result). Let's split this into two separate suggestions.

The "time jump" I can agree with. It'd basically be similar to a built in function that replicates the act of duct-taping your space bar down.

The automatic actions however, are a little game-breaking. So basically what you want to do here is encourage people not to actually even play the game, but to rather have the rest of the game played out by itself? Dumb.

The only reason actions like this should be possible is because you commanded your lords to do it for you, or something and you waited and it got done. That seems plausible. Queuing up a series of actions just to come out and possibly see success in doing quite literally nothing but checking off "choices" however, is game-breakingly dull.

I dont think it would be very usefull, I read somewhere that you couldnt have children in warband, so why would you want to have a timejump?

Yes, you cant have children in warband, but i did not suggest this to be in warband.  This is some thing that i thought could go into a future instalment (Mount&Blade2?)

Tyrant,
It would not be a LIST of things it would be like this,
              /  <
Option A
              \ <
I think you get the idea, but it would have more then just one/two options.

And there would be points were there are battles, you fight the battle, then if you win, you get certain options, but if you lose, you get another set of options, or maybe even get captured.

There are ages added, so people would age, plus, it could open up possibility's for modders, seeing as a game longer the one in game year is VARY long.
It would mainly just make it so more time could pass, therefor opening up possible events, I'm not sure what all it could be used for, but there are things it would be useful for.

Instead of a time jump, I would rather have an option of having time pass by at a faster rate. At the moment you hold space down to resume, and you use Ctrl+Space to fast forward. I would like an option to alter how fast time passes while holding down space. Also have it like Karel suggested where it slows down as an enemy approaches.

I agree with your Ctrl+Space idea, that would be usefull during sieges while you are waiting for the siege tower to be build.
But only if as Karel sugggested it slows down when you spot a enemy party.

Back
Top Bottom