This time

Users who are viewing this thread

Drakken

Sergeant at Arms
Some months ago i have tried this mod and i was frustrated, the mod was looking good but for me this mod was unplayable mostly because i was unable to keep the moral of my army high enough.

I have tried a new release of this mod (not the 1.40) and wow, archery is now usefull, not ubber but finally usefull, and i can keep the moral of my troops high enough and my army is not melting away anymore.
Today i love this mod, this is one of the very best mod, maybe even better than the outstanding Pendor.
The only dark part of Brytenwalda is because this mod is about England, our traditional enemy, but hopeffuly, i can play as a Pict, Irish or Welsh to wipe the Saxons, Jutes, Angles and Brigantes out of the map. As a Frenchy i should try to find a way to raise my faction with my fellow Frankish raiders.  :razz:

Anyway Hat off to you all for this mod.
May the Picts the land of the naked ladies rulez England.. err... Pictland!

"i can play as a Pict, Irish or Welsh to wipe the Saxons, Jutes, Angles and Brigantes out of the map" - Keep dreaming Frenchie, I'll see you at Agincourt and Crecy, and then perhaps Normandy when you need your backside saving from the Germans.

Gasket said:
"i can play as a Pict, Irish or Welsh to wipe the Saxons, Jutes, Angles and Brigantes out of the map" - Keep dreaming Frenchie, I'll see you at Agincourt and Crecy,

Don't forget Castillon, Formigny and Patay !
Anyway this is a civil war between the French from conquered England, and the French from France and some pretty good Welsh mercenaries.  :razz:

and then perhaps Normandy when you need your backside saving from the Germans.

After running away and with the big brother to watch your back?  :mrgreen:

Thank you for your help during the first world war by the way, it was good to see you die with us in the same mud, same holes.  :cool:

"Anyway this is a civil war between the French from conquered England" - The Normans were not French, but the descendants of Germanic peoples from Scandinavia, and the soldiers responsible for crushing your people time and time again during the Hundred Years War were English through and through.

"After running away and with the big brother to watch your back?" - There's a difference between cowardice and insanity, strategic retreats are just another aspect of war, and our homeland was and remains more important to us than your own; obviously.

This is turning into silly nationalism.

In the 7th. century we see the beginnings of what came to be England
(named after the Angles who had arrived during the 6-7th. century, along with the Saxons and Jutes).
Remember Brittany (Bretagne) is named after the Celtic people who fled the Anglo-Saxon invasion,
and found a safe haven there.
The history of interaction between England and France is fascinating, but they're not yet "traditional enemies".  :smile:

"but they're not yet "traditional enemies" - Of course they are, as an Englishman I would know. The rivalry between our peoples has been gradually erected over the course of a thousand years, the mockery, disputes and distaste for one and others cultures remains profound. The only difference is that now, as enemies, we don't invade one and other, but rather mock each others history and lifestyle.

Adorno said:
This is turning into silly nationalism.

In the 7th. century we see the beginnings of what came to be England
(named after the Angles who had arrived during the 6-7th. century, along with the Saxons and Jutes).
Remember Brittany (Bretagne) is named after the Celtic people who fled the Anglo-Saxon invasion,
and found a safe haven there.
The history of interaction between England and France is fascinating, but they're not yet "traditional enemies".  :smile:

No no don't worry i am very friendly.  but i respect the traditions !  :wink:
Our first colony is the one who love the most.

It's much a war about vassality than a war about Nation during the hundred year's war. Although for France this led to the first step towards the idea of ​​nation.

And in fact, it was more a french Royal war against the power of his Duke (and so one) than a war against an other country. And for England, a war to maintain and obtain a racognition of their independant status.

(But after that, yes, it became a conflict of nation... if we forgot all alliances moment.

Gasket said:
"Anyway this is a civil war between the French from conquered England" - The Normans were not French, but the descendants of Germanic peoples from Scandinavia, and the soldiers responsible for crushing your people time and time again during the Hundred Years War were English through and through.

Normand (i am ont of them) are of a Danish origins, a pinch of Norsies in the Cotentin, and still a large base of Gallics.About the hundred war both side crushed the other time and time again, (you finally lost it  :wink: ). and the big majority of the nobles fighting in France are of a French origin. The same is true for Scottland by the way, many clans find their roots in France. Guess why the so many nobles in England were at this time speaking French and only French.
About Germans, French (Frankish) are partially Germans, a soup of Germans and Celts.

"After running away and with the big brother to watch your back?" - There's a difference between cowardice and insanity, strategic retreats are just another aspect of war, and our homeland was and remains more important to us than your own; obviously.

We are good at covering your strategic retreats but a thank you would be welcome !
I am of course refering to Bir Hakeim and Dunkerque.  :wink:

back to the game, do we have somewhere any informations about the companions?
Who like who?
I took almost all of them but their moral is low and many are leaving my "shield wall"

By the way, i disabled the stamina part of this mod, this is near unplayable you are imho loosing stamina too fast and the recovery is too slow + are the NPCs affected?
Obviously no they never fall ^^

Edit : they are affected, i was wondering why my men were  all beating a dead body.. finally not so dead. ^^

Drakken said:
By the way, i disabled the stamina part of this mod, this is near unplayable you are imho loosing stamina too fast and the recovery is too slow + are the NPCs affected?

They are affect in fight mode (weak hits, less damage etc...)

Stamine system advoid superman players  :grin: It is a level more in difficult. Some players like it.

Idibil said:
Drakken said:

They are affect in fight mode (weak hits, less damage etc...)

Stamine system advoid superman players  :grin: It is a level more in difficult. Some players like it.

We are very very very far from superman and not even close to a normal human  :wink:
A 100 years old soldier in full plate armor would be more effective.
Saddely i am serious, if you are running to a hill even a small one you will be exausted, unable to move unable to fight and unable to recover your stamina in time.
Those using it are certainly fighting on horses.  :wink:
I would be very surprised if someone is using it all the time during a campaign, don't get me wrong i like the idea but for me it is unplayable.

This mod is completely different from other mods in the way it ramps up difficulty.  Prophecy of Pendor, the other contender for hardest mod and best mod, increases difficulty with super powerful troops, large AI armies and special enemies, some at levels the player will never get to (level 60, 500 weapon proficiency).  This is balanced by super weapons and horses the player has access to.  Brytenwalda goes the opposite way by nerfing the player by restricting the max powerstrike and other abilities, nerfing the bow and horse HP, and taking away all lances along with making weapons slower and less powerful, taking care to also balance range. 

This requires a totally new play style.  However the player can still kinda be superhuman, the Brytenwalda AI tactics is easily exploitable, all the player has to do is ride around and stab enemies as they are in the shieldwall formation.  I think the stamina option is meant to balance that out so that the player can't kill 30+ enemies in a battle which is definitely possible without stamina on.  That's why I turn stamina off  :wink:

It takes a while to get used to the Brytenwalda system, you'll be much weaker than you're used to, but it's definitely playable.  You'll just have to use all your skills and learn how to use your advantages to full effect, especially on horseback.

The bugs and wrong things i saw in that mod, i am sure you already know them but in case..

-Fast combat system does'nt work at all,  if they have 5 men and you 400 you will loose anyway as they are not receving any damages.
- I saw once a man wearing a woman dress  :lol:
- reaction time is too slow, in battle your whole army maybe distracted by a horsman harrassing them and they will turn their backs toward the enemy main body, their reaction to someone attacking them in melee is at time very slow.
- since my army reached 300+ men i would love to see bigger stacks of food.
- caravans, you can't speak with an anemy caravan anymore so you can't ask them to pay a toll, you are entering combat mode anyway.

Back
Top Bottom