This mod and warband

Users who are viewing this thread

yeah nothing is certain but the mod is reaching its boundaries time by time. You will enjoy the final version more but there won't be too much radical changes as expected.

So, i think porting the mod to warband could be an ultimate goal.

But for now you will enjoy this mod in the future. don't worry

How difficult would porting to Warband be exactly? I imagine it'd be somewhat of an undertaking. However, with the benefits of things like switching weapon function (ranged to melee) you could pistolwhip people or implement bayonets. Also, could you guys IMAGINE how AMAZINGLY FUN multiplayer would be with this mod?

Anyways, I just recently found 1866 and can't wait to see where you guys take it.

James009 said:
Also, could you guys IMAGINE how AMAZINGLY FUN multiplayer would be with this mod?

Sure, it would be fun, damn fun. I think the team is the first to realize that, but it's they who have to port it so we must give them time to do it well. (And enjoying real life is cool too  :cool: )

- Lion -

Lion said:
Sure, it would be fun, damn fun. I think the team is the first to realize that, but it's they who have to port it so we must give them time to do it well. (And enjoying real life is cool too  :cool: )

- Lion -
I'm not that sure about this. Weapons are very deadly in this mod. We might have to rebalance them a lot to garantee multiplayer fun.

Highlander said:
I'm not that sure about this. Weapons are very deadly in this mod. We might have to rebalance them a lot to garantee multiplayer fun.
Ah, nonesense! You just need to make the maps big enough for both sniping and approaching-behind-cover (-and-getting-into-CQC), and then the fights will be 90% sneaking and 10% getting shot. But at least they'll last!  :smile:

I don't think that it would work well for multiplayer. It would become either trench or urban warefare.

The upgraded WB game engine may be promising for single-player mod: graphics with LOD for trees, nicer textures, new hit detection(!) calculations, dual weapon modes that allow rifle/bayonet or LeMat with shotgun (how well can the AI handle these things?), better strategic and tactical AI, better built in commands... etc

However, I would wait before trying to port it, in particular when you already have a newer version in the works. WB is still being patched and it is better to wait until the dust settles instead of porting to a new version every couple of weeks. Also, learning from the experience of others in porting mods can make the transition easier and faster.

Shrugging Khan said:
What's wrong with urban warfare?  :???:
Nothing, except it is not really Western style (OK you can have a small skirmish in a street of a town) and the mechanics of M&B is not really ideal for that (no reload, no cover, cannot run and shoot). It will turn into a sniper war - again, not THAT bad, but not western. Other mods are probably better for such implementations.

Just design it singleplayer first with multiplayer being the "sweet just desserts".  :p

Singleplayer is what really makes this mod enjoyable!

James009 said:
Just design it singleplayer first with multiplayer being the "sweet just desserts".  :p

+1, I could care less about this game in MP, I would hate to see realism go out the door in the name of Multiplayer "Balance"  (it's already ruined WB for be to an extent...I found vanilla to be much more fun singleplayer than Warband.)

The extra features and weapon options, enhanced graphics, etc, would look AMAZING with 1866  :mrgreen:

FLaviator said:
James009 said:

The extra features and weapon options, enhanced graphics, etc, would look AMAZING with 1866  :mrgreen:

I agree. New Sp features would look nice on 1866. Mp will be just a bonus. But a big one i confess.

He looks like an evil Sith Lord or something, ignore him.

So, whats this modular system all about? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,107054.0.html

This mod is better than mount and blade, I haven't got warband yet because vanilla M&B doesn't do it for me, I'm waiting for great mods to be released until I get it, and this is a great mod.

Edwards said:
This mod is better than mount and blade, I haven't got warband yet because vanilla M&B doesn't do it for me, I'm waiting for great mods to be released until I get it, and this is a great mod.

Yep... Same here.  The PvP aspect of Warband seems interesting, but the Mods (like 1866) were what made Mount & Blade compelling.

I'll wait for some of the great mods to be ported over before buying.  By then the price may have dropped too.

Back
Top Bottom