Users who are viewing this thread

Sunny Beach

Veteran
What is going on here..

Men outside the map/gathered
315h2yp.jpg

Losing morale after we've won?
2ltsqar.jpg

Battle has just begun, guess where everyone's marching?
4ghqfp.jpg

You guessed it!
11liqly.jpg

I have never encountered the first bug. Might be something to do with your battle size/ map size. I know you can tweak the size of the maps via one of the programs and sometimes if you set it too large/too small the units behave funny.

The second bug is probably because you lost too many units in respects to your relative strength. It could also be a visual bug that I've encountered once in a while(most due to retreating in the middle of a fight and going back in).

Third is an AI bug. hit 'u' right after you spawn and then set your units to hold. This bug is related to the formations and the AI's attempt at trying to always face the enemy in formation. It happens less if you do not use the various built in formations.

None of these are 'game breaking' though. I'm not sure what you are refering to. Things that crashes the game/corrupts saves/makes you stuck in certain scenarios are 'game breaking', but having your troops march into a corner once every few fights is only a minor inconvenience. 

Keep in mind that you can always walk to the edge of the map, retreat and then come back in to reset the battle field. you can hit 'tab' to retreat without penalties if your armies are not close together. That should fix nearly all of the in-battle glitches.

Ya you lost morale because you had 98 troops die, most troops don't want to fight for someone who's going to get everyone killed

I´ve encountered the first one (people outside the map) in all the countless hours I´ve spent on WB and MnB only once - and that was doing the bring villain to justice village quest when the nervous stranger actually spawned outside the boundary. Didn´t help min much, a crossbow bolt killed him.

As you´re meddling with the occult and using MB Tweak you should be aware that you brought it upon yourself by fiddling with files without the proper understanding. (Most of PoP´s tens of thousand lines of codes were exclusively done so fidgeting with the little red button can easily start the nukes and WWIII because you lack the understanding and devastational potential of a "minor" change)

"This" beeing troublesome for you is regrettable, alas unless you start a fresh install of 3.611 (The full download isn´t already patched to 3.611?) totally unmolested by your tweaks without any of those "gamebreaking" flaws occuring (which how to solve/evade bobknight already told you) you should reconsider your opinion about your misfortune and the place where you announce it.

There´s a quick questions and answers thread and a warband support thread. Both threads are usually answered pretty quickly, and if you especially check the first post in the support thread you´ll see how to a "bug" needs to reported to make quick help available. Posting  mere picture usually does not do the trick as 2/3 of your questions can be easily answered out of the true context and the third is probably caused by you messing with battlemapsize.

And on top of all the nice and helpful people around here there´s an  absolutely nice and genuine and even more helpful search function in the right top corner. Unless Sunny Beach has to entertain all the Beach Chicks rather than checking walls of text or scanning topics for relevant stuff.  :mrgreen:

noosers said:
(The full download isn´t already patched to 3.611?)

The full download at the bottom of nexus page is 3.611, but he/she said in the other topic that he/she downloaded one, then did the 3.611 patch.  I don't know why though

bobknight said:
I have never encountered the first bug. Might be something to do with your battle size/ map size. I know you can tweak the size of the maps via one of the programs and sometimes if you set it too large/too small the units behave funny.

The second bug is probably because you lost too many units in respects to your relative strength. It could also be a visual bug that I've encountered once in a while(most due to retreating in the middle of a fight and going back in).

Third is an AI bug. hit 'u' right after you spawn and then set your units to hold. This bug is related to the formations and the AI's attempt at trying to always face the enemy in formation. It happens less if you do not use the various built in formations.

None of these are 'game breaking' though. I'm not sure what you are refering to. Things that crashes the game/corrupts saves/makes you stuck in certain scenarios are 'game breaking', but having your troops march into a corner once every few fights is only a minor inconvenience. 

Keep in mind that you can always walk to the edge of the map, retreat and then come back in to reset the battle field. you can hit 'tab' to retreat without penalties if your armies are not close together. That should fix nearly all of the in-battle glitches.

Indeed, I find my men not fighting or responding to my orders gamebreaking when faced with rather OP forces.

The morale drop picture shows the enemies deaths, mine were very few, as I have another screenshot that I hadn't showed with my losses, and my only loss was a wounded companion . I decided to health cheat and deal with everyone myself.

I continued afterwards and only saw it happen when fighting the D'sha or whatever their name was. It wasn't just visual, as I was checking party morale afterwards and indeed it was dropping.

It hasn't happened with anyone besides the D'sha fellows.

The only formations are use are native ones, aren't those the only ones?

Native does not have formations.

In PoP. a the start of every fight your infantry are automatically in shield wall formation, archers are in ranks and cavalry in wedge. Those are not available in the vanilla game. Sometimes the AI mucks up and you get the walk to the edge bug. This tend to happen to enemies much more often than it happens to you. As I've said, just push 'u' and tell them to stand ground. That will prevent them from running towards the edge. In fact, most weird movements can be fixed by telling your troops to reform. This is not a game breaking bug as the formations are far from useful anyway (i have turned them off in the pop options menu, which is probably why I don't see this bug all that much), the default line formation tend to be the best.

bobknight said:
Native does not have formations.

In PoP. a the start of every fight your infantry are automatically in shield wall formation, archers are in ranks and cavalry in wedge. Those are not available in the vanilla game. Sometimes the AI mucks up and you get the walk to the edge bug. This tend to happen to enemies much more often than it happens to you. As I've said, just push 'u' and tell them to stand ground. That will prevent them from running towards the edge. In fact, most weird movements can be fixed by telling your troops to reform. This is not a game breaking bug as the formations are far from useful anyway (i have turned them off in the pop options menu, which is probably why I don't see this bug all that much), the default line formation tend to be the best.

I haven't seen any formations apart from the native "formations" such as spread out, stand closer and such, and those are the ones I use.

Disabling the formations in the PoP options should fix it then? I do notice that my infantry have been forming a shield wall.

If you noticed your infantry forming a shield wall, then you've noticed PoP's formations since that's their default formation

For anyone else reading, formation (shield wall, square etc) can be told to stand closer, stand further apart, advance etc etc.

and for even more people reading, the shield wall is not the infantry default formation, the def is actually ranks (line formation). to use shield formation, use "k".

Sunny Beach said:
AlphaOmega said:
If you noticed your infantry forming a shield wall, then you've noticed PoP's formations since that's their default formation

Thank you for your help and insight.

sunny, some may appear angry or arogant, but please trust me, everyone wants to help you. it is jut that this is the wrong thread :grin: doesn't actually matter, you will still get your answers. but your save has something wrong in it. i played at least 10 pops longer than 2000 days and never encountered one single guy outside the map. I DID have your "going to the back of the map" problem when i ass-igned cavalry to archers or stuff like that. i only encountered that when my party was huge (bigger than 300-400) in camp, when i wanted to take some pics to brag about my CKOH. Perhaps you should actually consider a fresh install. sorry about that mate, but trust noosers and astreea... don't mess with the ocult! cheers and good luck hunting!

Back
Top Bottom