There should be an option to disable main quest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Fact Is that After you have a Kingdom starts a phase where eventually you end up against 3 Kingdoms without the option to make peace. And even if you manage to win, all the emperial factions will end and the lords Will join you, so pretty bad if you was sandboxing.

I'm 60ish hours in and still haven't bothered to complete the first phase. Is it that intrusive later on?

NO kingdom for you - you have about 800 turns to complete the quest including taking a castle otherwise = no kingdom.

What SHOULD happen is that if you do the quest ,you get Kingdomhood early, if not, you get it when you reach Clan level 4.

Yea, I haven't bothered with it except for talking to a few lords randomly when I see them, and I started many playthroughs.

I don't care about my 'brother' or my other siblings... it's very Fallout 4 style where I have zero attachment to them. I also don't care about some mythical banner... it feels too 'Excalibur' fantasy style. It doesn't feel logical or grounded in reality that people care that much for it. Not sure how else to describe my view on it.

Being able to just turn it off would be nice since all the '!'s on the lords are distracting.

NO kingdom for you - you have about 800 turns to complete the quest including taking a castle otherwise = no kingdom.

What SHOULD happen is that if you do the quest ,you get Kingdomhood early, if not, you get it when you reach Clan level 4.
to be fair you should be able to form your own kingdom once you have high enough clan level and at least a castle, could have a right to rule mechanic like in warband as well also please remove conspiracies, its just dumb that i end up at war with someone every 10 days

Yea, I haven't bothered with it except for talking to a few lords randomly when I see them, and I started many playthroughs.

I don't care about my 'brother' or my other siblings... it's very Fallout 4 style where I have zero attachment to them. I also don't care about some mythical banner... it feels too 'Excalibur' fantasy style. It doesn't feel logical or grounded in reality that people care that much for it. Not sure how else to describe my view on it.

Being able to just turn it off would be nice since all the '!'s on the lords are distracting.
+1

There seems to be a huge clamour for this all around, but for now they don't seem to be prioritising the main quest/game modes or anything like that but rather core features and bug fixes.

Until then you can just skip the tutorial (no longer fails the quest after 10 years) and pretend you don't have a brother/siblings OR use one of several mods that are out there that lets you play sandbox.

+1

I will wander as long as I like and when I feel like I want a throne I do it the old fashion way.

The banner idea is dumb. Why the hell would anyone rally to me because of a banner they never heard of, and like 2 people in the kingdom knows about?

People will play tens or hundreds of games of Bannerlord over the next decade or so. What might be a fun quest once can only be a boring slog every other time.

We need to be able to choose custom starts and disable the main quest.

Absolutely. In its current stage the Main Questline offers nothing of value to the player and it would be easy enough to start up a new Campaign with it as an option.

The "main questline" has two mangled branches.

1) Your brother running off, stating he will find you when he has found where your younger brother and sister have been taken. This never goes any further as this is not yet completed content. For someone who cares about their character's lore, this is more than troubling. 10 years can pass and this glaring plot thread is still hanging over our heads.

2) The entire banner quest is utter trite. Not once are we rewarded at any point. We actually give the damn thing up for free to the lord we support. Each task becomes progressively more onerous and costly. When we get to the part where we are at war with every other faction, you start to wonder if you should even have bothered.

If the point of the second branch is to turn your chosen faction/personal kingdom into the dominant power of the realm, what would there be to do later when your current char dies of old age? I feel like the devs didn't put much thought into the long-term repercussions of their quest.

And it's a shame because you can tell Taleworld had such high hopes for it - the whole "your the Bannerlord" thing and all that. Not that giving or keeping the banner does anything - you never even see the bloody thing. Would be nice if it gave your chosen faction a bonus or boost of some kind. At this point, literally anything that would count as a payoff of some kind would be nice.

Yes please. I was searching for a mod to remove the main quest but I didn't find one. Also, when the timer ended in my game (the "conspiracy" reaches 2000), it crashed and the save got corrupted - I couldn't play the game anymore on this save.

Worst thing is that, besides it being tedious, the main quest isn't even useful for teaching you anything important that you need to play the game. Its basically destroy a bandit camp, chase down a bunch of lords, destroy 2 more bandit camps, then go save or destroy the Empire on your own. It shows you nothing about how to raise and maintain an army, how to command it in battle, how to siege settlements, or any of the really important things you actually need to know. You have to figure all that out on your own so what's even the point of having it?

Ehh, I've nearly reached Clan Level 4 in a few of the games I've started. Haven't even made it past speaking to 10 nobles from that battle I don't care about.

Back
Top Bottom