There seems to be a problem with the fighting mechanism.

Users who are viewing this thread

dzorro

Knight at Arms
Even though it took me some time to adjust to it, there is still 2 major once left. 1 is if you are attacking an enemy and one of your own soldiers stands next to you you are unable to lay a punch on the enemy, no matter how hard you try. And 2 even with high agility the enemy seems to be able to fight quicker then you can lay a punch on it. you Will notice this more when you are doing the village quest to help against bandits. I think the animation seems to be slower for the player the ai don't seems to be having this since it can actually fight more fluently then the player character can.

First, don't use 2H weapons while mounted, they now get a HUGE speed penalty.
Second, don't use 2H/1H weapon with a shield - huge speed penalty.
Third, get off the horse and pwn them!!!

I had 330 skill with 2H weapons and 21 AGI and swinged by 2H sword faster than enemy swinged their 1H weapon.

About the friendly fire - try to do an over the head swing. Move forward and press mouse button. Over the head swing doesn't hit teammates so it can be used in a crowd. It also seems to do more damage, is harder to use because you need to hit precisely.

Thanks i will look into this. Seems i will have to look at weapon proficiency more then mount and blade.

The friendly fire is a bit irritating because if your swarmed by enemies and one of your own gets next you he will only get in your way. And even making you lose the fight because you cant lay a punch correctly.

I have checked this and it's the same for npc if their friend gets betwen their blade and enemy they can't attack so it's fine and realistic but i saw that sometimes they can hit through their allies. Sometimes weapon stops on your ally cause it's longer than it's model and the invisible part stops on your allies.

Back
Top Bottom