• Yes Indeed

Votes: 186 86.5%
  • No Of course

Votes: 51 23.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Llew said:
Yep. Been there, done that. Though mostly because

I let two entire kingdoms go to hell in a handbasket and thousands of people die simply because I wanted to protect my adoptive daughter from getting bullied by assholes.
Same, kinda. Killed Radovid (and Dijkstra), shut out the Emperor, and will continue to merrily slaughter monsters as a dynamic duo. In my deathmarch playthrough (which I still haven't finished :facepalm:) I didn't cut off the Emperor, so I'll be getting the other "good" ending.  :neutral:

Not selling out to the emperor and giving him the finger just because was satisfying enough on itself, and I wouldn't give up my adoptive daughter for the good of the realm, never - even more considering Geralt doesn't actually know it'll all be well.

Even if the realm's fate is not with Cirila-the-oh-so-wise in command, this decision made a lot of sense and matched perfectly with how I see and played Geralt: free and sick of power games.

About Dijkstra or Broche, it's a no-brainer choice right there. Actually killing Radovid was already stopping a genocide in motion, so yeah, take that, realm.

The ending felt really fitting, made sense and was satisfying enough for me, wouldn't choose any other way.

rejenorst said:
Yeah thats true. Im just wondering are there multiple endings to both dlcs? I had pretty good endings for both.

There are. You can choose whether or not
to save Olgierd
and in Blood and Wine
the sisters can both live and reconcile, the can both die, or you can let Detlaff kill Cyanna.

Ah yep. I ended up choosing the first option in Blood and Wine and the first option in Hearts of stone that you listed there. Both best endings to make up for the other  :smile:

I've been finally plowing through this game and I love it.

I put two mods on that really made my life easier and I would think are essential. The easy one was one that puts all your quests on the map. It is a PITA to go to quests tab, move back and look around for what is close by, with this one you can at a glance see what you can do nearby.

The other one I would not skimp out on is friendly hud. It made me use oils. The best feature of this is adding bombs, potions, and oils to the quick swap menu so you can hit RB and just pick your oil, or swap bombs out, or just click all your potions you want to use with no fuss.

Immersive wise what you can do is turn off a lot of hud elements and get a 3d distance marker for the current quest locations and then set it so your interface elements come on screen when you draw your sword or take damage, but if you are in a pinch you can click the l3 button to turn everything back on again.

I had a bit of an issue getting everything going, you have to get the mod merge tool and run it on the mods to use them together. For using friendly hud you need to also turn all the interface elements off in the regular game menu first, then turn them back on via the friendly hud option screen.  Really great mod though I wouldn't play without it.

Oh also for play order with the expansions, what I ended up doing was just the main story, heart of stone, and am just starting blood and wine.  Heart of stone assumes that the main story isn't done though, so you have to somewhat pretend you didn't finish the game, but it is not a big deal. I think what you could do is play up to the end of the main game, then do heart of stone. 

Some people said this makes your char OP for the end but I found once I hit level 30 it wasn't much of a change from 30 to 40 in terms of power at all, even the gear is like, samesy. You can get by the game by dodging and using quen a lot even on the hardest difficulty.

I can't say which order I'd play through if I did it again, I liked sticking with the flow of the main story and heart of stone is it's own entity so doing it in release order might be safest.

Oh yeah finally the other thing that is awesome is nvidea's ansel can take 360 stereo screenshots in game which is just ****ing awesome to look at in a VR headset if you have one (even cardboard or gear vr will work). If you have nvidea stuff on your pc you just hit alt f2 to go into the photo mode and can move the camera around and snap shots, really cool stuff.

Want to talk about the story but still need to get through blood and wine before I open up any spoiler tags :wink:

not related to the game but apparently we will get some info on the witcher film coming up this year or the next some time soon...

16002928_1200191490060123_4262435201211205894_n.jpg

Apparently, that is Roach! According to all the poles in director tomek baginski facebook page (which i have been stalking for quite a while)

Film has been confirmed to have english dialogue, and will portray The Witcher and Lesser evil short stories from the first book (the last wish). Which are great short stories... but no dandelion, ciri, yennefer, triss, zoltan and etc in them...

Wulfburk said:
Film has been confirmed to have english dialogue, and will portray The Witcher and Lesser evil short stories from the first book (the last wish). Which are great short stories... but no dandelion, ciri, yennefer, triss, zoltan and etc in them...

origin story movie :XD

with some luck it will get lots of $$$ and create a cinematic universe, with more movies on the way, plus spin offs (Ciri movie, one about magic, etc)  :mrgreen:

or a TV show with the same budget/quality of Game Of Thrones

I don't normally get excited about such announcements but the Witcher universe is my favourite fantasy universe, so I am actually rather excited by this news. Do we know if it is a live action film or animated like CD Projekt Red's W3 trailers (can't tell on my phone from that image)?

according to some of the translated interviews the director did that i saw, its gonna be live action.

Oh and also they are really coordinating with andrzej sapkowski, he revealed a few months ago that he knows who will play as Geralt. And when he won that world fantasy award or something, he sent Tomasz Baginski (the director of the film) to pick it up!

Bought both DLCs when it was on sale, finished Heart of Stone, so far so good, and I've heard nothing but ridiculously good reviews for Blood and Wine, so I am quite looking forward to that.

Wulfburk said:
:lol:

A silver fork... when geralt is hungry in the wilderness.... necrophages beware!
silver.... FOR MONSTERS :lol:

Bobtheheros said:
Bought both DLCs when it was on sale, finished Heart of Stone, so far so good, and I've heard nothing but ridiculously good reviews for Blood and Wine, so I am quite looking forward to that.
I am exactly at the same place where you are, i finished the main quest twice and HoS recently, now i started B&W and it looks it has it's own entire map for it, and it looks so peaceful, like Kaer Morhen. I just wandered in like 15 minutes, so i don't know if things get any dark.

I haven't finished the game, I was told to do that before B&W. Almost done tho, HoS gave me a serious level advantage tho, and I am fighting things that are quite underleveled for me.

the whole "peaceful" theme for B&W and the fact that the population all seems more calm and that feeling of security of civilization and what not was quite a nice change of pace from velen and novigrad imo . There is literally nothing better to do in Witcher 3 than just sightseeing in toussaint. The lightning is amazing too. (novigrad and velen felt way too dark even at like 12:00 pm and etc)

Toussaint is beautiful, aye.

The best side quests by far were in B&W for me, there are some really hilarious ones.

I remember one in which you search for lost balls of some statue.
And the one where you get a portrait of yourself, help an inventor test out a device which captures images, and the one where you get to name your wine is pretty good. Oh and the falling sky cows :razz:

Back
Top Bottom