The Training Dummy - Discoveries (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any way to get more Terrocotta Warriors? Like, make them or some such? And, can the Eye of Izunagi do more than summon Terrocotta warriors and banish fog? Is there ever any chance to meet Izunagi?

the eye is the only part of izanagi you find. you can use it either to cure blindness or to summon as many terracotta warriors as you can hold. summoning only works once.

despite doing all of the recipes to get to the summoner rank when ever i talk to the blood fountain to rank up he doesn't allow me any ideas what i am doing wrong?

nice work with this mod.
well I have 2 questions.
first is it possible to graverobbing savely without being necromancer or starting the game as Univercity student?
I`m sure there must be a way for none-necromancers to get red death (with out hand of glory this would be pain)

In my search for secerts I`ve found someone called the gravemaster who carries a boney special spade (he is found in a grave-yard in a river fork I won`t spoil his location but I gave a big hint  :wink:) I`m pretty sure this spade is used for save graverobbing but when I speak with him he only give normal spade to me saying "it`s a dirty work but it needs to be done" is there something I must do to get his special spade?

second there is a new troop called gure that can be created by ghoul charcters who start the game as Univercity student. is it possible to create them if u didn`t start the game as Univercity student?

The Lord7 said:
nice work with this mod.
well I have 2 questions.
first is it possible to graverobbing savely without being necromancer or starting the game as Univercity student?
I`m sure there must be a way for none-necromancers to get red death (with out hand of glory this would be pain)

In my search for secerts I`ve found someone called the gravemaster who carries a boney special spade (he is found in a grave-yard in a river fork I won`t spoil his location but I gave a big hint  :wink:) I`m pretty sure this spade is used for save graverobbing but when I speak with him he only give normal spade to me saying "it`s a dirty work but it needs to be done" is there something I must do to get his special spade?

second there is a new troop called gure that can be created by ghoul charcters who start the game as Univercity student. is it possible to create them if u didn`t start the game as Univercity student?

1. Only if you get that bone shovel, Muckraker. To obtain it, you have to begin the Black Baron's claimant quests, and then find the comment "you need a better weapon, oh baron" in his dialogs, after he joins your party.

2. No. You must start as a University Student to be able to experiment with making new troops.

N0ught said:
The Lord7 said:
nice work with this mod.
well I have 2 questions.

1. Only if you get that bone shovel, Muckraker. To obtain it, you have to begin the Black Baron's claimant quests, and then find the comment "you need a better weapon, oh baron" in his dialogs, after he joins your party.

2. No. You must start as a University Student to be able to experiment with making new troops.

thankx for the info NOught too bad that I will never be able to get the grue it seems a good troops and it make a better use of rats but I will never get him since I start the game as trobadour but that`s a little strange since u still can get vampires or werewolfs if u didn`t start the game as Univercity student (using lamia or crossbones) but u can`t get grue.

You can experiment to make Vampires and Werewolves on your own, without the need for Lamia or Crossbones, if you start with University Student, however. Everybody gets a little something, and the Grue is balanced, but yes, he is probably a better addition.

Not a lot of games focus on character-creation exclusives, but this mod does. Solid and Shade has a lot of real entropy-based horror in it - try playing on maxed-out difficulty level, and hardcore, and you'll see what I mean. You'll die so tragically and often, you'll think you were playing a roguelike game... the character-creation process is meant to be similar to roguelike games, likewise.

N0ught said:
You can experiment to make Vampires and Werewolves on your own, without the need for Lamia or Crossbones, if you start with University Student, however. Everybody gets a little something, and the Grue is balanced, but yes, he is probably a better addition.

Not a lot of games focus on character-creation exclusives, but this mod does. Solid and Shade has a lot of real entropy-based horror in it - try playing on maxed-out difficulty level, and hardcore, and you'll see what I mean. You'll die so tragically and often, you'll think you were playing a roguelike game... the character-creation process is meant to be similar to roguelike games, likewise.
yes that`s one of the things that make this mod great & it make the player play the game again & again with diffrent charcter creation.

by the way sorry for asking a lot but can some-one tell me what do you get from torbadour charcter
well I got the card for bonelore & created it & I got galatea & she make the carpet for me but is there anything else that tropadour charcter discover or rescived?
and what about mephistophes (the ghoul in chalpek castle) can I recuit him or something & charcters who are anti-hero & trobadour must able to take pegasus and the rat mask but he just play that wager game nothing else
is there anything else that tropadour charcters able to get or discover?

I think that was already asked, but I read a lot of pages and can't find anything. I searched fenada but can't find the gold bug, though I remember I found it with another character. And btw, how do I get the quest lines, like the museum, and the mummer one, and is there a continuity for the raid on the headless horseman? And what are the 13 artifacts.

Finding the gold bug can be troublesome the first time, now i can find it instinctly xD. As you spawn in Feanada look towords the tower to your right, and you'll see something golden on the ground, if you press the use key you can open the chest with gold diamond silver and crystal balls inside it.If i knew how to post pictures i would, cos i made some so you could easily find it, but i don't.

adyy78 said:
i don't think so,and i have played various versions of the mod :grin:
I checked if I had the photo the last time I found it to find it easier, and I saw a bee trail there, while it wasn't on my new character, but then I remembered this is a mod where you have to do everything almost perfect to achieve a lot of stuff, and so, the save might get corrupted

I made a detective guy, or something, who gives me hints at locations, and I read a bit on the guide, and found that those are where jackfraust and Sphinx were, while I searched hours, and couldn't find any secret passage, or anyone different from the villagers, can you hint me where to look? Edit: heard there was a set like rising sun, was it released or is it in the next update, because it's looks cool. Btw, what is the best path I should take, like being antihero and then joining evil, or being antihero fanatic and then joining evil, where I should go from place to place, because the guide just shows what's what, and not all of us can play on comp for a whole day, because of work. Oh, and what happens if a fanatic joins the blood fountain, what will Poseidon do, break the trident he gave me, or bite my head off(which I thought he would do when my troubadour fanatic was in the temple, me think it was too suspicious, a giant stone head in the middle of nowhere.)

I always recruit all the npcs I can and become a ghost before antihero-dom, as far as what you should do when goes. that's about the only thing I do in any sort of order. The Sphinx is found inside a cocoon in a windmill in that village; I haven't found Jakfraust myself. I have not ever betrayed Poseidon, but someone said that the only thing you keep afterwards is the Trident.

He takes away the stat bonuses too, and unleashes The Kraken on the world map, near Fearichen.

The Green Spirit armor will be in the next update. Those were just development screenshots.

And Solid and Shade is so sandbox you can do whatever you want. Though, as [email protected] pointed out, you will get the most gameplay out of becoming a ghost (which requires risking permadeath, on a 1 in 13 chance) and becoming an Antihero, before speaking to the Bloodfountain.

Eventually the strategy guide will be far more detailed, including complete walkthroughs for all quests. For now its just reference.

Back
Top Bottom