SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, yeah! More items are always welcome and if you could translate anything for me(I did a google translation once and yeah, I understood more in Russian :razz:). S, if you are interested, send me a PM. Thanks! :grin:

I think you already know about few bridges near Norgomon without rivers.

And i have a question, do you add Freelancer mod in feature?
I hoped it already added and went to Koningur Ragnar to enlist in his army but.. :sad:

Yes, I already know about the bridges and other map problems and I will fix it, don't worry. Now, about the freelancer script, it's a very good one, but in order to implement it and more importantly to tweak it to my liking(becasue Freelancer was made for the Native Medieval times, not our timeline), it requires some serious coding skills. Yes, I am able to deal with minor scripts, like Sea travel, new quests, unique items etc., but my knowledge is not adequate when it comes to large and complex scripts and altering them. Sorry...

Problem is only in current period of time?
It's a problem? For example, freelancer also added to one of my favorites mod, Gekokujo, and this looks good. When this mod about non-medieval Japan.

Although if the problem is also in the integration of sub mod, then i'll not say anything, i'm don't know anything about it.

No, the problem is not mainly that Freelancer is for a medieval setting. As I have said, through coding and tweaking it could be fitted to virtually a large number of time periods, if not all. But it is exactly the fact that it requires a good deal of coding, which I'm afraid I won't be able achieve(and what I learned so far were surprisingly much for me :razz:). Though, in this particular mod, I have made the map quite average in size, so as the fights between the lords in late game and between the player and bandits in early game  to be quite intense and more frequent. Also, I have tweaked the AI to make the game harder -or, rather, more challenging, not exactly hard- and with the new features, the absense of a feature like Freelancer will go unnoticed, I'm sure! :grin:

I also want to advise the great music on the soundtrack and in-game music such as the world map. Although, of course soundtrack Viking TV on the main theme also sounds good.  :smile:

www.wardruna.com

Antonis said:
Hehe, file mou, this mod is only about Scandinavia, but don't worry. With a lot of help and advice from Cernunos(author of Rigale mod), I am making some new quests for the mod. These are a treasure hunt that has as a reward a legendary sword and an ancient Norse armor and -possibly- some raiding quests, where the player would take his ship and pillage village X or Town Y.

djogloc02 said:
Do you plan on adding new lands to the west? I would liike to play with Vikings, raiding the lands and ****.

It depends on what you mean. There is a part of England already in the map. In the near future, I plan to make 2-3 neutral villages there just for raiding. In the east, I will put the Rus(there is already space in the map for them).

Saw the mod, downloaded it, enjoyed it until my head started to hurt. I can definitely say one thing it has A LOT of potential. Going to throw you some advice if it hasn't already been said. Get in touch with the guy who did the Floris mod, I feel you can benefit greatly from some help from him....OH and don't **** with the archery...that is one thing I hated about floris...arrows literally disappearing out of thin air when I shoot them, but being able to be picked off from half a click away by an npc.

I look forward to this mod being fully done, I really do.

Hey, glad you like the mod. For the next version many things have been added and more have been corrected. I did a balancing job regarding the stats and values of the items, but I didn't interfere with the values of skill and projectiles, so for Archery as well as everything else, all should be fine. I sincerely hope that we will continue to have your and everyone's approval.

Antonis said:
Hey, glad you like the mod. For the next version many things have been added and more have been corrected. I did a balancing job regarding the stats and values of the items, but I didn't interfere with the values of skill and projectiles, so for Archery as well as everything else, all should be fine. I sincerely hope that we will continue to have your and everyone's approval.
You will, so long as you know...you do things correctly. XD

Yeah, the mod is just about done. Currently, it is on the final test phase, correcting all the minor things and details. It will probably be released in the end of the following week.

yaaay! hope to see this in the released section maybe get its own forum thing? good luck can't wait and thanks for all your hard work :grin:

Thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate it, as all the members of the team do. With Version 2, I will make a plead to the admins to put it to the Caravanserai. But, I won't request a sub-bord, as it is a lot of work to act as a moderator there. I will concentrate instead in my new mod which is purely historical and about crusaders.

Cheers!

I was just gonna play this mod for a bit while I waited for another mod to be updated, but now I'm really liking it. Can't wait to see the update. I hope you don't geek out too much with the mesh and graphics because I can play this mod with no battle lag whatsoever right now. Keep it cool, keep it simple. Add as much items as you want so long as they don't trash the fps. Great work. I will also start following any future mods you put out.

Back
Top Bottom