SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, the mod is finished with all I wanted for this version. I am now waiting for GothicKnight to release his new models, as I HAVE to put them in the mod, I cannot resist.  :smile:

Apart from that, this new version includes:
-Battle Formations, Ranks(just lines of troops), Shieldwall and Wedge, all needing more than 10 people to be formed.
-All of Hootman's edits, in textures, his excellent overhaul of village scenes and so on.
-Many fixed names of factions, settlements and such.
-A LOT of re-textures, replacements and new items
-Remade and added(AGAIN) troops, including high level endgame special troops for each faction(some are a bit OP, but not too much).
-Bug fixes, in dialogues and menus.
-Nate884's new menus, which are really well written and a serious improvement to immersion, along with his suggestions.
And more...

Now, as an announcement: due to real life stuff, PC problems and such, I've decided that when the new version (5.2) is uploaded, I'll stop modding publicly for some time. That said, I'll continue to mod for myself, I'll fix any problems that are present on my mod, if reported and of course, I will be here. Also, if I do anything good for myself, I might upload it.
So, I thank you guys for the support and encouragement all this time and some of you, for the suggestions, huge help, items and code you graciously gave me and helped me greatly.  :grin:

Howard P. Lovecraft said:
Well, the mod is finished with all I wanted for this version. I am now waiting for GothicKnight to release his new models, as I HAVE to put them in the mod, I cannot resist.  :smile:

Apart from that, this new version includes:
-Battle Formations, Ranks(just lines of troops), Shieldwall and Wedge, all needing more than 10 people to be formed.
-All of Hootman's edits, in textures, his excellent overhaul of village scenes and so on.
-Many fixed names of factions, settlements and such.
-A LOT of re-textures, replacements and new items
-Remade and added(AGAIN) troops, including high level endgame special troops for each faction(some are a bit OP, but not too much).
-Nate884's new menus, which are really well written and a serious improvement to immersion, along with his suggestions.
And more...

Now, as an announcement: due to real life stuff, PC problems and such, I've decided that when the new version (5.2) is uploaded, I'll stop modding publicly for some time. That said, I'll continue to mod for myself, I'll fix any problems that are present on my mod, if reported and of course, I will be here. Also, if I do anything good for myself, I might upload it.
So, I thank you guys for the support and encouragement all this time and some of you, for the suggestions, huge help, items and code you graciously gave me and helped me greatly.  :grin:

These improvements sound awesome! ... and how in "hel" can you have overpowered VIKINGS?!? :fruity: I mean, they're VIKINGS, right?!? :razz:

Thanks for all the hard work and devotion to your mods! Best wishes to you!

Who said anything about Viking?  :wink:
Keep in mind the date of the mod is 860AD. So, I threw some Anglo-saxon Mercs(currently waiting for said items), Carolingian(or is it Frank?) horsemen etc. All with proper equipment, unique only to them.

Well, the Lindesfarne Raid, generally considered to be the beginning of the "Viking Age", happened in 793 CE. It's considered to have ended in the late 10th century, +/-, so ... this is kind of in the middle? :???:
Given that, the Viking Age is more of an experience of the rest of Europe.

What's so cool about this mod is all your loving attention to making Scandinavia the complex mix it was, rather than just "Norsemen". :grin:

Oh, I was just joking about some of these units not being "Vikings".
Anyway, thanks, that is my thinking. I don't know specifically about Scandinavia, but with all the various civilizations around it and with all those comings and goings, it is very possible that a lot of foreign elements were introduced to the area, right?

Oh, indeed! It amazes me how much trade went on. It seems like no matter how far back we go, people were trading stuff over distances of thousands of miles. And there weren't even corporate global supply chains!! :razz:

:party: Happy New Year!! :party:

I find it odd that the only reason I can find for celebrating the New Year on 1 January is because Julius Caesar (of Julian Calendar fame) decreed it so! :facepalm:

Maybe that's why they stabbed him? :razz:

eyyyyyyyyyyyyyy said:
I came here because of the last kingdom mod, does this mod have wessex and all that also is there ships like in viking conquest?

Also I should add that if not would you be able to implement them or at least would it be possible for me to take some of the files from viking conquest regarding the ships and then convert them to fit into this? As in if I did do that would you make it official.

P.S I really don't mod so I have no idea if that is even possible.

No, neither Wessex nor ships are here. And yeah, it is possible and Viking Conquest is I think open-source, or at least available to use with permission, but on the one hand, it's not exactly what I want for the mod, sorry and on the other hand, as I wrote a couple posts before, after the release of version 5.2, sometime these days, I am retiring, sort of.  :smile:

Howard P. Lovecraft said:
No, neither Wessex nor ships are here. And yeah, it is possible and Viking Conquest is I think open-source, or at least available to use with permission, but on the one hand, it's not exactly what I want for the mod, sorry and on the other hand, as I wrote a couple posts before, after the release of version 5.2, sometime these days, I am retiring, sort of.  :smile:

I hope you will still hang out in the Taleworlds forums after your "retirement."

Hey all! FINALLY, my stupid Internet was stable for a couple of hours, so I could at last upload the damn mod. Anyway, version 5.2 is here. Main new feature is the 3 formations, shield wall, ranks and wedge. Also, a lot of other things (sorry about this, I am pretty tired now. I will upload a full change-log here tomorrow). Currently, only Mediafire, but other mirrors will follow, with ModDB next.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1ed8f4sa1cc153/The+Sword+and+the+Axe+5.2.rar

CHANGELOG

-A lot of new items, including helmets, weapons, armors, clothes etc.
-All of Hootman's edits, in textures, his excellent overhaul of village scenes and so on. This version is looking prettier thanks to him.
-Many fixed names of factions, settlements. A lot of typo fixes.
-Remade and added troops, including high level endgame special troops for each faction.
-Nate884's new menus, which are really well written and a serious improvement to immersion, along with his suggestions. To them, typo fixes applied after LordHummingbird's tests.
-Completely new trade items, more items to trade. Also, trade good prices varied accordingly.

Anyway, I am happy with this version, I tested it along with a couple of people(again, full thanks will be written tomorrow) without whom I could not do what I did. My only 'issue' with this version is that I could not find proper replacements for mail boots, as I was told by a friend that leg and arm protection was minimal at the time. Gloves have been taken care of, but boots are still here. When I find some new models, I will post a savegame compatible patch. Apart from that, this is my official goodbye as modder(publicly, I still mod the hell out of everything in private). Anything you want, you'll find me here all the time. Also, whatever I personally did for the mod(textures, models etc.) are freely given as OSP Take and/or edit ANYTHING you want A few tanks my way would be appreciated, but if not, no harm done. Of course, for the OSPs I used you will have to credit the authors and items form Vikingr, 1050 Mercenary Uprising and Brytenwalda are used with permission, so you can't use them without it.

That's all, folks. Thank you for everything, for all the support, the help, the info, the ideas, the models, the scripts, the tests and the friendship!  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom