The Reckoning: Module System and Bug Fixing Info

Users who are viewing this thread

La Grandmaster

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Module System and Bug Fixing

It has dawned on me over the past week that this mod is too large for me to fix entirely by myself, and as such Ive decided to give people the tools to fix any issues they see fit.

So as an effort to tackle the vast number of bugs in the mod Ive decided to upload the module system. That way people can actively help and contribute to the project much more easily, and also people can in theory now fix problems for themselves. If you are working on fixing a problem, or have simply fixed a small bug which was annoying you then please post it here, and I will offer advice and help where I can.

Any bugs fixed will be added to future versions of the mod, and that way hopefully the number of bugs in the mod will gradually decrease through time.

I am still working on the mod, but there are a lot of bugs and Id gladly take any help given  :smile:

Download and extract to your desired destination, and remember to alter the module_info file so that it matches the reckonings folder.

Also if you wish to use any of the coding features in the mod, please feel free to.

Please DO NOT post bugs in this thread, they have there own thread. This thread is strictly for bug fixing.

Great idea!

May I make a suggestion? Use source control to make your life easier!

Git was created by Linus (Linux creator) and is now the most popular for open projects. GitHub is a website that do all the hard work for you! -> github.com

Nice GitHub Youtube introduction:  search for GitHub (Github Tutorial For Beginners - Github Basics for Mac or Windows & Source Control Basics)

With it you get:
  - free public repository (anyone can see the code)
  - you as admin (you control when updates are accepted, its your mod there)
  - people can easily see when new changes are published (email, website, etc)
  - easy to download -> one click to ZIP file. No need to register either!
  - easy to sync -> install git on you computer and it syncs all the code!
  - can use branchs to test new changes/features/bug fixing
  - can use the website to register tasks/bugs
  - people helping with fixes can do a 'pull request'. That means they are sending you new code to fix something, and you decide if it is accepted and merged with the code or not.
  - people can add comments on pulls, bugs, etc
  - it gives great visibility

GitHub is huge. It is used for software ... but for much more too. People use it to write books and other stuff!
It is also a very popular and respected company in the software industry.

It is one of those things that you invest 30min to learn and saves you tons of hours/headaches later!

My 2 cents.

Good luck with your mod, I look forward for new version and I will try to help too (I registered just to say that!)

I've included some bugfixes in this mod. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,329632.0.html

Simple fix to Dialogs:

- Can now recruit Scavenger with 1 Resource from Town Leader
-- I assumed that this is the 'untrained civilian'
- Recruiting Trained Riflemen from Town Leader now takes into account which Faction the Town Leader is in
-- If Recruiting in the New Confederacy, you'll get a new confederate recruit, instead of US Rifleman
-- and so on...

Files included: conversation.txt; strings.txt

Get them here: Google Drive Link

PS: I also included these fixes to Banastre's Bleak Outlook mod. See the appropriate folder within google drive.

Khamukkamu said:
Simple fix to Dialogs:

- Can now recruit Scavenger with 1 Resource from Town Leader
-- I assumed that this is the 'untrained civilian'
- Recruiting Trained Riflemen from Town Leader now takes into account which Faction the Town Leader is in
-- If Recruiting in the New Confederacy, you'll get a new confederate recruit, instead of US Rifleman
-- and so on...

Files included: conversation.txt; strings.txt

Get them here: Google Drive Link

PS: I also included these fixes to Banastre's Bleak Outlook mod. See the appropriate folder within google drive.

I guess it's better if you share what you changed as codes in py files. So La Grandmaster adds them to the module system and uses for the future versions. By the way, thanks for your effort :smile:

Of course. I was just waiting for someone to ask for them.

Didn't want to confuse people who wanted to download just the fixes :smile: I'll put them in a separate folder.

I've gotten the Module system up and running just fine. Still novice at it, but editing pre-existing things seems easy as can be. I'll be working on it for now.

Back
Top Bottom