MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comrade Me said:
Damn it sir! Ill find someone to execute, by George I will!

We're talking about the Peninsular War. Executions were very common, specially between the French and the Spanish guerrilla. Guerrilleros couldn't expect to be treated as prisoners and the same for the French captured by the guerrilla. Regular armies would be more civilized, but not always.

HoJu said:
We're talking about the Peninsular War. Executions were very common, specially between the French and the Spanish guerrilla. Guerrilleros couldn't expect to be treated as prisoners and the same for the French captured by the guerrilla. Regular armies would be more civilized, but not always.
Yes, there were many documented cases of mutilations on both sides during this war. It got ugly.

5arge said:
HoJu said:
Yes, there were many documented cases of mutilations on both sides during this war. It got ugly.

Do you know Goya's engravings "The disasters of war"? Some of them could fit the mod's loading screens or menus.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Los_desastres_de_la_guerra

HoJu said:
Do you know Goya's engravings "The disasters of war"? Some of them could fit the mod's loading screens or menus.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Los_desastres_de_la_guerra
Yes! I was recently in Spain and saw much of Goya's work in person. As a matter of fact, I was helping Dain with the loading screens for the M&B version of this mod, and a couple of Goya's Disasters of War were in fact used.

What I would like to know, is this still being released for good old M&B 1.011? I remember Dain saying a while ago, that he intended to release for 1.011, not Warbands, because like myself, thats what he prefers. Call me old fashioned, but I'm a purist. I would hate to see this just go straight to Warbands, instead of finishing the M&B mod, and not just because it will force me to get Warbands just so that I can play this mod. Because M&B needs stalwart and stubborn bastards to keep it alive, as well as excellent mods to play. Your not telling me Dain Ironfoot, the Dwarf, has lost his nerve and given in to the allure of Warbands already? I'll up TGC to it myself, but only late next year, or the year after, when its calmed down and isn't full of COD players looking for a new kick. Surely not, Dain. That would vilify your entire status as a dwarf, your so supposed to be stony, and immovable. Not persuadable. D:

o_O you wouldn't understand. M&B is home to me. used to it. know it inside out. every nuance of its gameplay. How it works in effect. It lacks certain features, but in many ways, its simpler, and easier to mod for, and also there is less of a buzz around it of people to whom it is just the latest fad, who will quit after a few months.

Aerid Thongar said:
o_O you wouldn't understand. M&B is home to me. used to it. know it inside out. every nuance of its gameplay. How it works in effect. It lacks certain features, but in many ways, its simpler, and easier to mod for, and also there is less of a buzz around it of people to whom it is just the latest fad, who will quit after a few months.

Read the title of the thread, and you'll answer your own question.

btw just a recruitment suggestion

why not have 2 ways to recruit?

towns you have an army merchant who sells you stacks of troops (perhaps have 1 stack worth 2k) and that stack is worth 50 Recruits who arent using the most advanced of weapons but do have decent stuff and are fully uniformed

then villages allow you to recruit the old way but say French Partisan or something to that sort where they are not uniformed poor rifle and bad shooting skills but they are cheap. these would also have the disadvantage of a low skill level

the benifet should be that once top teired perhaps the partisan can be a Sort of Guerilla soldier who is much more skilled with a sniping rifle then a top tier infantry is with a rifle. as well they would be cheaper to maintain.

now one more addition to troop hiring. Perhaps have the ability at those same merchants to buy "Merc Platoons" who have no alleigence to anyone but who bought them. they would probally be in brownish poorly uniformed uniforms with crappy to decent weapons. they would have 2 advantages which is 1 no allegience (so no morale negatives) and 2 cheaper to purchase their disadvantage at top tier would be lesser health then regulars due to poor living conditions.

now for a more indepth idea perhaps have a second option in villages where if the villagers like their master only 50 or less you can recruit "Rebel Partisans" who are the same stats as other partisans but no alleigance (for if you want to start a rebellion XD or want to merc yourself out and never want to be tied down by whos troops your using)

'

just my 2 denarii

ps gl on finals hopefully i did well as well

@General Darius there is a program TweakMB which lets you modify stuff similar to what you said, like recruiting larger amounts of troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom