The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Bloodbeag said:
are there going to be selucids coz if ther are i can do loads of researching plus i have read alot on them. but it depends on how far east the map goes.I hope it will go east enough to selucia. one thing that makes it easy faction:they are very close to macedonians. i.e phalac good cav...
Research some more :mrgreen:

I´ve lost my counter...

* Arena fights (not the tournament) take too long to load on my ancient computer. Could the arenas be smaller (just a little bit, say 75% of the actual size) so that it could load a little faster? Maybe Olympia should have a huge one.

* Conquered villages should produce units of your own faction instead of the conquered faction units. You can not hire Spartan Homoioi if you have conquered them. Most often you are supposed to replace the enemy units with your own. I remember this feature was one of the first txt ones back in MB. There should be its script somewhere around.

* You should be able to pick your dead soldiers items after battles, instead of only dead enemy spoil.

* What if you could choose your tournament mode, say you choose sword and shield only, spear and shield only, horseback only, etc, and you could also choose group or individual fighting as well.

Hello Lynores, i registered on this forum just because of your mod which is absolutely amazing. I have like 10 mods installed for warband but i can't stop playing "The Peloponnesian War". I'm also here to give some suggestions which i believe will enhance the gameplay.

First small details:

Food is a real pain in the ass if i may say so. I have around 400 soldiers and every 2 days i have to go back to town and fill my inventory from top to bottom with food, they eat like insane. So either decrease the food consumption or increase how much food there is per stack. For example if chicken gives 50/50 you should increase it to like 150/150 or 200/200...and so on.

Every faction should sell their own weapons and armors. What i mean by this is that Greek factions should sell only Greek weapons and armors, Roman should sell only Roman, Persian only Persian and so on...Its kinda boring and stupid to go to Sparta and find mostly Persian armors and bows, or when i go to rome i find everything Greek.

Textures on armors and especially shields are amazing but i must say that "Golden Armors"(Yes i know they are bronze :razz:) look absolutely horrible, they must be redone.

Now i don't know how the dmg system works so let me ask. Lets say i have 50 HP and 50 chest armor, and an enemy hits me in the chest with a jevelin that do 90 dmg. Does that mean i will have 10 HP left or it does not work that way at all ??? Anyway my point is that Jevelins should have a very high dmg and in 90% of sitations it should be a 1 hit kill.

I also must say that jevelins are very inaccurate. I had power throw at 5 and around 190 throw proficiency and i could not hit a target that was standing 10 meters away from me. They go everywhere but not in the target. So if possible increase the accuracy.

Now the big part i tought about, army tree for Greeks and Romans:

FOR GREEKS:

---Epilektos(Sarissa and Pelta(because Sarissa is very heavy))
                                                                                                                                                                                                  /
                                                                                            ---Veteran Hoplite(Dory and Aspis)---Epilektos(Dory and Aspis)---
                                                                                          /                                                                                                      \
                                              ---Hoplite(Dory and Aspis)---                                                                                                        ---Champion(For Sparta Only)
                                              /                                            \
                                            /                                              ---Cavalry(With Dory and Aspis)---Veteran Cavalry(With Dory and Aspis)
                  ---Doryphoros---                                           
                  /                        \                                                ---Veteran Hoplite(Sword and Aspis)---Epilektos(Sword, Aspis and jevelins to throw before charge)
                /                          \                                              /
                /                            ---Hoplite(Sword and Aspis)---
              /                                                                            \
              /                                                                              ---Cavalry(Sword and Aspis)---Veteran Cavalry(Sword and Aspis)
            /
Youth---
            \
              \
              \
                \                                  ---Veteran Sphendonetes
                \                                /
                  \                              /
                  ---Sphendonetes---
                                                \                    ---Veteran Peltast
                                                  \                  /                 
                                                  ---Peltast---
                                                                    \
                                                                      ---Archer---Veteran Archer

FOR ROME:

---Veteran Principes(sword,shield and some jevelins to throw before charge)
                                                                                                                        /
                                                                      ---Principes(sword and shield)---
                                                                    /                                                  \
                                                                    /                                                    ---Equites(Spears and Shields)---Veteran Equites(Spears and Shields)
                  ---Hestatii(sword and shield)---                                         
                  /                                                \
                /                                                  \
                /                                                    ---Triarii(Sword and Shield)---Veteran Triarii(Spear, Shield and Sword as backup)
              /
              /
            /
Youth---
            \
              \
              \
                \                            ---Veteran Funditores
                \                          /
                  \                        /
                  ---Funditores---
                                          \                    ---Veteran Velites
                                            \                  /                 
                                            ---Velites---
                                                              \
                                                                ---Sagittarii---Veteran Sagittarii

Sphendonetes, Funditores = Slingers
Sagittarii = Roman Archers
Equites = Roman Cavalry

Now i know that things like Sarissa, Triarii and few other things are not exactly from this time period(around 100 years later), but i believe that this is good for a much needed variety of units. It gets rather boring after a while to fight with only 2 types of units(Hoplite and Pletast), but hey if you want it to be exactly historical then ignore the "Rome Army Tree".

Well thats it, i won't bore you anymore and i don't know what is the max character on this forum so i'll just stop. Please tell me what you think, i really want this mod to be the best possible. Thanks and good luck.

Ohh before i forget, when i installed your "Optional Texture Pack" all water from the map disappeared, but when i go over the "Water" i can still see the ship...check that out please.

Isilendis

The Triballi "Thracians" were the first ones using the longer spears and they have fought extensively the Macedonians. Some say they might have the precursors of the sarissas. Philip of Macedon also has lived in Beotia if I remember right and he has lived around with the people who have defeated Spartans at Leuctra, which were the beotian sacred band who has used longer spears also. But that´s, of course, after TPW time frame.

About each faction selling it own equipment, that a great idea and it can be done by editing the weapon files.

The damage system works like that:

weapon damage value + player modifiers = total damage

total damage - ( armor defense value * soak factor) = player damage

Game values are not realistic but they could by editing txt and ini files to meet real life experiments.

Tour Roman propositions seem to be some 400 years away from TPW time frame.

Thanks, now i understand how the damage system works. What you said about Roman tree is not entirely true, its more like 50 years(100 to perfect these new soldiers). In 390BC, a massive Celtic invasion of Italy resulted in the sack and burning of Rome.  The Roman Army proved totally unable to defend its city, and was easily swept aside.  After the Celts departed with their spoils, it was obvious that a serious reorganisation was essential to prevent any such disaster in the future.

After some experimentation  the Legion emerged as a battle formation of three individual but flexible and interactive lines of soldiers.  Individually these were known as the Hastati, the Principes, and the Triarii. Also Funditores and Velites are from around 500BC.

I mentioned all those units because we really need an unit variety. As i said it gets boring after a while to fight with only 2 types of units(Hoplite and Peltast) and rarely Archers and Cavalry. But hey it was just an idea and if Lynores does not approve or he wants to keep the the exact time period its fine with me, i'll play the mod anyway :grin:

Option to limit party sizes to native standards at beginning of a new game would be nice for those of us without super computers to use the increased battle sizes

Also Thrace is all by its lonesome, isolated and without many bandits, it could probably be a larger faction as well, but Thracian bandits at the very least to make life interesting up in those parts

i have quite a few seggestins for the mod which is amazing
1. put the shirts under the curiasses, the sleeveless curiasses get really annoying
2 redo the persian armors, they look Absolutley Terrrible
3. break up the confederacy's into smaller city-states like Sparta,Athens,Corinth,Troy (F*** Yeah!!!),etc... Greek States have much more power than other fations
4. make the lords more active, Game no fun when lords jus sit around and *Gather Troops*
5. allow yourself to be a spartan,corinthian,Athenia soldier in frelancer and make thier troop trees more complicated, like the delion or pelepenison trees
6. GIVE SPARTAN CHAMPION HELMETS HORSEHAIRS
7. make the guals and Iberians factions. adds more action to the west
8.reform thier troop trees into something like

Guals
                                                    Gualish Jvelineer- Gualish Elite Javelineer-Gualish Archer- Gualish Chosen Archer
                                                    ^
                                                    Gualish Junior Warrior-Gualish Senoir Warrior- Gualish Veteran- Gualish Noble Warrior- Gualish Chosen Warrior
  Gualish Recruit-- Gualish Trainee--^                                                                  Gualish Horse Warrior-Gualish Horse veteran- Gualish Warlord

and the iberians in the same fashion 

you could put at the mod menu to desactivate shield bash(i think that's the name)? i don't like it cuz the enemies bash you and you fall and can't get up like in that old street fighter games
and if shield bash it's disabled i can crush them all :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:(ok only 5 at a time) :???: whithout soldiers helping,like in the old times of 1.011 native
sry if bad english
CRUSH THEM ALL :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

João said:
you could put at the mod menu to desactivate shield bash(i think that's the name)? i don't like it cuz the enemies bash you and you fall and can't get up like in that old street fighter games
and if shield bash it's disabled i can crush them all :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:(ok only 5 at a time) :???: whithout soldiers helping,like in the old times of 1.011 native
sry if bad english
CRUSH THEM ALL :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I agree ... today I tried this mod, but I gave up because of the shield bash ... I think that it's unrealistic and that it breaks game play.

Greek banner carriers that can be upgraded out of hoplites that hold the the city-state's banner
and spartan red cloaks

I might be really old school here, but I would love to be able to remap the "Advance", "Fall Back", "Spread Out", and "Stand Closer" commands that are currently mapped to the arrow keys. I personally use the arrows for movement and the number pad for commands (it makes for extremely efficient commands). I assume these relate to PBOD or some other component, and love the feature, but I am finding it difficult to work with WASD for movement, and especially to work with the function keys for commands. I realize these are native settings. Again, simply allowing a remap component, similar to the remap feature for the camera keys, would be great. Other than that, the few battles I have played so far have been great. Thanks for the awesome mod.

Roach XI the Magnificent said:
asterix 2010 said:
2 redo the persian armors, they look Absolutley Terrrible
Care to explain why? Surprised to see armored Persians?

i just dont think there historiclly accurate. very few persians wore scale armor.he armor shoud look somthing like actual persian armors. and i just dont like them

asterix 2010 said:
i just dont think there historiclly accurate. very few persians wore scale armor.he armor shoud look somthing like actual persian armors. and i just dont like them

LOL, dude, do proper research. The armor looks exactly like Persian armor, since it is based on contemporary depictions!

Back
Top Bottom