The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

My Suggestions:
:!: - Remove this war style, we need more battles!! No more marshalls, every lord with your army and TO BATTLE!!! The freelancer turn bored when need to wait the lords prepare.
:!: - Itens sold in the faction region, for exemple: Spartan armors sold in spartan regions.

Sorry for my bad english...  :oops:

hello all, i think that now the problem is only one: who's gonna take care of this mod? i have thought that lyno would not follow this proj anymore if it's more than a year he didn't post anything... why don't we make a poll to  decide what to do??????

my suggestions are simple: no more diplomacy spam, add AEPIRUS and lybia (please adjust north italy it's unseeable, etruscans outside the po river!!!!! WTF! maybe gauls and venetians!) and add pezeteroi for makedonia.

Am with you, funky; the diplomatic spam is a really annoying turn-off.  Hope someone can take over this mod too!

Id be great if you could do something with the lack of companions i was only able to find 2 in this vast world.
and when i tried to steal some from other kingdoms their names change and some wierd shiz happens XD
is there anything you can do maybe add some archive we can download that adds like 50 new companions XD

too bad his mod is DEAD, the maker is last online on 2011, and the great community stopped a good guy who was attempting to revive it.

Aye, a good mod indeed! I still play it to this day. About Janko's revival, it wasn't a revival per se, it was more like stealing the content to make an online mod based at about the same time period. With no confirmation from Lynores, that's all it would be seen as by mods, and he could get into legal issues.

Its not stealing if the playing members further advance a submod based of the material. If Lynores would have come back and wasn't pleased about it then it could have been stopped. Not even allowing it is plain retarded.

Pls send me that mod. My "The Peloponnesian War" mod don't have the shield like that. Pls help me!  :neutral:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTFxKohxFCw

Is there some kind of guideline about TPW??I '  ve started plying this mod recently and i found it awesome but i need some kind of help....Thank you....

Seriously the best mod I have played. I really cannot wait until it is finished. The only issues were that the tournaments were still kind of medieval and the companions and ladies still wore medieval clothing, but you probably knew this already. Also there were a historical error that I noticed; Agis II did not rule until after Pericles died. Yet, that isn't really a big deal. I just had to be a smartass and correct it. It was quite accurate and fun to play. I really like the formations. Spartan/Corinthian shieldwalls with Persian archers are almost unbeatable. I think it would be cool if you could make your companions into officers, or hire officers and have them lead certain regiments of the army during battles or something.

Úlfr said:
the macedonian look like the greek : p shouldnt they look more macedonian ? lkike alexander the greats army `?
This is a few generations before Alexander the Great. Macedonians at this time tried very hard to be like the Greeks. They only really became the way that you would think of them during the rule of King Phillip II, Alexander the Great's father.

Alright here are some tentative ideas on how I would like to see the game improve (and might I say that I seriously have so much more fun playing this than Warband)

1. Tavern VS Mercenary Hall
    This is something that kinda bugged me about Warband, but other people would probably argue with me. I find it kind of strange that no matter where you go, you can always find soldiers waiting to be hired in a tavern... ELITE soldiers no less. I think the tavern has turned into a merc hall. If every town had a merc hall instead of just a tavern, you could pick, choose, and compare the troops for hire. You could also fulfill contracts that are posted in the merc hall (similar to Bladestorm for reference) this way you don't have to go straight to the Lord/Royal to become his merc. He posts the Job, and you can take it. So once the merc hall is removed from the current tavern, you've gotta turn the whole tavern around. Firstly, turn it into a tavern/inn. You can go into the rooms upstairs where people room, and you can break in, request entry, etc. This opens a new world of quests. You can Assassinate people in their rooms while they sleep (this would probably call for a stealth attribute so you can move quietly in the tavern, and a rogue attribute so you can pick locks so you don't wake people). Also you could start story based quests from the Tavern or find companions in their rooms. Hope I explained that one thoroughly enough.
2. Sneaking into town in a disguise
    I am sick of leaving that up to chance. I want to go covert and sneak into the town myself, and actually "lose the guards, mazing off into the streets". This is another opportunity to use that stealth attribute. And I want to pick my clothing and weapons! Why do I have to use a pole when I can use a hidden Hoplite?! And with high enough skill in stealth, you should be able to sneak behind a guard and assassinate him, making the whole "sneaking into town" think more interesting. Also, you could implement sabotage with this sort of game play. While you are besieging a town, you could sneak into the town and poison food supplies, assassinate commanders, or destroy (burn) barracks and fortifications. The game would have so many more options this way. You could also do those things as quests! Also, hoods and cloaks could add to your stealth attribute. And while you are fitting yourself to do a covert op, each weapon/armor has a notability rating. The more obviously war-like the equipment, the higher the notability rating, and the higher the chance a guard will stop you to ask questions/attack you.
      While I'm on this topic of stealth missions, I may as well add this as to not create an additional topic. Escape. Escaping enemy camps, escaping prisons, etc. should all be done by the player, not by a roll of the dice. Much more fun. You could sneak to a pack next to your captor's tent, grab a knife, loose your bonds, assassinate some people, steal a horse, and off you go.
3. Gladiator Battles
    Tournaments to the death. I know Gladiators are several years after this time, but they had similar things. Fights to the death with cool environments. Walls, platforms, and barricades used to make the tournament more interesting. Also, a lion or two wouldn’t hurt (figuratively). And at the beginning of the match, you should be able to pick one of their preset loadouts, so I don’t have to get stuck with the stupid bow and dagger while everyone else has hoplite and shield. They would have heavy soldier (big and slow), light (duh), skirmisher, pikeman, etc.
[size=14pt]4. Tactic helper[/size]
This one is complicated and probably way beyond your  current goals for the game, but just throwing it out there. If you could command your troops by pressing Backspace, and then be switched to (what would be considered in multiplayer) an observer view (camera floating around, going real fast). From this observer view, you could view the battlefield and direct your troops by what you see, not just a close guess on the worthless minimap. If you don’t understand, I could explain it in greater detail, but I think this will suffice.
That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. I’ll just keep shooting them at you as they come.
Thanks for the incredible mod!

I´m part of the team members of this mod and I must say it doesn´t matter how many suggestions and bug reports you all make because meanwhile Lynores doesn´t come back here (remember he is offline since 2011) the mod won´t get more developed.

I SAY THIS AGAIN: STOP THE ****ING CAMPAIGN AND IF ANYONE GOT THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE, PLEASE MAKE A MULTIPLAYER VERSION. STOP WHINNING SAYING ****S LIKE "Oh we have no credits to do it..." or "it´s Ilegal" NO IT IS NOT because this is a free work..no one have paid Lynores or me for giving this mod to the community so I encourage you to do it !!

**** sake, we are not childs and we all know a multiplayer version is what we really want. DO IT

Back
Top Bottom