The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it disrespectful to not play on Steam, I just didn't buy it on steam because I thought it would be easier to install mods (but later found out it doesn't make a difference).

Docm will multiplier have commander battle like in NW and if so will it be a better version of it? For example musicians, flag bearers, more options for admins, etc...

Baktech said:
General von Hiller said:
two days I'm so excited :razz:

+1!
+2!

BerserkerRezo said:
Mosin-Nagant said:
Will I have to update to 1.165?
If you own steamed version like most of us it already updates to the latest version, or you play the non-steam version and dont show respect to TW.
Lol what? You still need to buy Warband regardless if you purchase it from Steam, the TaleWorlds website or any other site. Non-Steam users can download the latest updates / patches for Warband here.

MaccaUK said:
Baktech said:
General von Hiller said:
two days I'm so excited :razz:

+1!
+2!

+2!!

Troll-face.png

HoJu said:
Docm30 said:
HoJu said:
I'd like to see a naval battle. We have seen nothing of them except some early screenshots that probably were taken even before the mechanics were properly implemented.

Naval battles probably won't be in the first release. Possibly ever. It turns out a small change I need to make to the map to make them work right completely breaks the map and game. There's pretty no well other way to do them and I have absolutely no idea how to fix the problem. It's more than likely a problem with the engine.

That's a pity :sad: . I guess at least we'll be seeing those frigate models and sailors in port scenes?

:cry: I wanted to start as a pirate... :mrgreen:
I trust in the glorious coming of naval battles (someday)!

Instead of not including naval battles at all it would be better to just place 2 ship props next to each other on the ocean so we can at least have some boarding action.

GERRY said:
Instead of not including naval battles at all it would be better to just place 2 ship props next to each other on the ocean so we can at least have some boarding action.

a reasonable compromise. better than excluding them IMO

Honestly, naval battles that are bigger and more complicated than just a couple ships throwing stones at each other seems out of place. I feel like it's a feature that would only work for a game that centralizes around it--like Caribbean!--but in the case of L'Aigle it would make sense to only have a very simple and basic naval system, like two ships boarding each other, or something like that. Similarly to what we see in other games, like Clash of Kings for example. Anything past that would just be distracting and out of place, in my opinion. The post-boarding combat in Caribbean! is what I would expect and probably most enjoy out of a L'Aigle naval battle, but that's just the opinion of one. Perhaps there's some slight alternate method to code the shotgun blast to at least have that? I'm no expert though, my coding palette really is quite small.

It's pretty amusing to see how pumped people are getting here, I always thought it was better to keep expectations dangerously low for something new and have the product improve your opinion on it regardless of how good it actually is. For L'Aigle, a mod that takes what I love from Warband, sprinkled with musket warfare, but totally overhauled graphically, I think I should be impressed with just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom