The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherlock Holmes said:
That is true, Sebastian did that,  however changing the AI Mesh dynamically is something that is more of an obstacle, in SP. Because the AI can't dynamically change their navmesh in the middle of a battle AFAIK. Maybe Docm knows more about this.

Surely you could do a workaround involving the siege tower script? The ai all of a sudden is able to walk on the gangway when if falls down.

Bazzyboss said:
Something on topic: This may have been asked before, but what will happen to the land of people not made yet? Like the Ottoman empire or Spain, will it not be on the map? Or will it have some sort of neutral faction?
I have asked this previously and the plan is just to leave them empty.

jacobhinds said:
Sherlock Holmes said:
That is true, Sebastian did that,  however changing the AI Mesh dynamically is something that is more of an obstacle, in SP. Because the AI can't dynamically change their navmesh in the middle of a battle AFAIK. Maybe Docm knows more about this.

Surely you could do a workaround involving the siege tower script? The ai all of a sudden is able to walk on the gangway when if falls down.
Not all of a sudden, the AI mesh is already placed over the final place of the siege tower. A script that would allow the AI to charge once a breach has been made would be the answer, I think.

I image the 'sieges' will be fought either post breach in this mod with the walls of a fortress or it'll be fighting over basic entrenchments instead.

Sort of like a bloody endless Borrodino.

SeanBeansShako said:
I image the 'sieges' will be fought either post breach in this mod with the walls of a fortress or it'll be fighting over basic entrenchments instead.

Sort of like a bloody endless Borrodino.
Makes sense; with single bullets being lethal, imagine the casualties that you'd take trying to walk your army up a single ladder.

Bazzyboss said:
Inzunza said:
Benjamin_von_Hamburg said:
Inzunza said:
*quietly waiting for Spain*

*Quietly waiting for the day of GLORIOUS release and too raid the land's of the ****ty Empire France (It's the actuall name in French xD)  with ze GLORIOUS Königreich Preußen* ( ß = double s )

y u explaining so much?

Pfft, Spain, Ottoman Empire is at the bottom of the list.

Something on topic: This may have been asked before, but what will happen to the land of people not made yet? Like the Ottoman empire or Spain, will it not be on the map? Or will it have some sort of neutral faction?

I imagine it would be just empty land.

Bluehawk said:
That's what he said a year ago.

Yde said:
What are you going to do about the landmasses owned by factions not in the first release? Will they be incorporated into a neighbouring countries borders?
Docm30 said:
They'll just be empty.

It wouldn't even make any sense to make it more complicated than that. I don't know about the others, but at least I am interested in venturing even the empty parts of the map.

People i feel embarassed  :oops: about the translator fail, i do, i feel like ****,  :roll: , i feel like a bit of a *****... But that's what happens when you're tired and exausted after a long day of school, and it's ****ing bedtime with my mum yelling at me too go too bed every ****ing 5 minutes. I where also translating some number's too Russian... I don't know why  :razz: ... But anyway, i feel like ****, and i'm a bit cold... ( I where outside untill 10pm, with some class mates, (of which, i have never done while living here) and this i's Northern-Norway  :neutral: ) But anyway, i'm now apoligising, ( That's my Norwegian ****-English kickin' in... ) for my great translation mistake while using Goddamn Google-Translator ( DAMN YOU!!!!!!!! ) please accept my most humble apoligies.  :sad:

Benjamin_von_Hamburg said:
People i feel embarassed  :oops: about the translator fail, i do, i feel like ****,  :roll: , i feel like a bit of a *****... But that's what happens when you're tired and exausted after a long day of school, and it's ******** bedtime with my mum yelling at me too go too bed every ******** 5 minutes. I where also translating some number's too Russian... I don't know why  :razz: ... But anyway, i feel like ****, and i'm a bit cold... ( I where outside untill 10pm, with some class mates, (of which, i have never done while living here) and this i's Northern-Norway  :neutral: ) But anyway, i'm now apoligising, ( That's my Norwegian ****-English kickin' in... ) for my great translation mistake while using Goddamn Google-Translator ( DAMN YOU!!!!!!!! ) please accept my most humble apoligies.  :sad:
k

^ what

Will there be artillery other than the 12 pounder? Like howitzers/naval cannons and those little -no idea what they are called- swing cannons?

Xanderman said:
Will the singleplayer and multiplayer be released seperately or released at the same time.

The plan was the get single player out asap (as soon as it's in a good enough state), multiplayer development had it's own story, that's lost in the thread somewhere, but they were being developed separately.

Ser Jaime Lannister said:
Captured Joe said:
Swivel guns weren't used by Napoleonic armies.
Never heard of a swivel gun before?.. sounds swevilish
Swivel gun = small cannon that you could swing around by hand. Usually put on ships as a close range deck sweeper.

smallswivel2_edited.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom