The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guessed you already had them. In fact, I was 99% sure. I just couldn't pass a good opportunity to show some plates showing Dutch soldiers! No sirrah!

11sparky11 said:
They have bloody creepy faces.

SuhrFrench93b.jpg

ClearlyInvisible said:
Hm. Let's start up this discussion again. What are y'all going to do for your first L'Aigle Campaign?

I'll join the Dutch army and become a cavalry commander, largely hussars, maybe adding some Polish lancers to my unit. Not sure if light-cav-only armies would work, I'll just see where it brings me. I'll fight to keep the French from the Kingdom of Holland as long as possible and if I fail, I'll go into exile with the British or maybe the Prussians, liberating my country once more when the timing is right.

Docm30 said:
The Quran doesn't say anything about women having to completely cover themselves. I can't speak for middle-easterners specifically, but at the time it was common for Turkish women to reveal a great deal of themselves, even the nipples sometimes.

I can shed some light on this subject.

Religiously speaking, women aren't supposed to be clad head to toe in clothing, the Hijab was as far as it was supposed to go. The idea of women wearing the clothes you see now a days is just a bunch of nutters taking the matter way too far.

TheOrest007 said:
Hey guys I have a bit of an off topic question, what is the difference between a flintlock and a miquelet musket?

The miquelet lock used horizontal sears that protrude out through the front plate of the lock that obstruct the cock against the force of the main spring (frequently on the outside of the lock as well). The sears themselves are held out by springs, but the pull of the trigger can overpower these and pull the sears inward which releases the cock to strike the battery (frizzen). The later "true" flintlocks used internal, vertical sears and a tumbler instead to accomplish the same basic action.

ClearlyInvisible said:
I'd go into discussion about it but this isn't the thread to talk about the finer points of women XD

Hm. Let's start up this discussion again. What are y'all going to do for your first L'Aigle Campaign? I'm going to lead a Rifle battalion through Spain and France kicking Bonapartist ass.
Either Prussia or Britain, or maybe Saxony. Will have to see  :smile:

ClearlyInvisible said:
Hm. Let's start up this discussion again. What are y'all going to do for your first L'Aigle Campaign?

I will start with a Russian dandy with Cavalry or Artillery, not sure which, then a Russian Cossack, then a Dutch dandy, then a Scot. At some point I want to play a French non-military character, find a noble to be my nemesis, and make it my goal to befriend and somehow ruin him and get him booted from the kingdom, a-la Monte-Cristo.

For that one, I plan to use the cntrl-x cheat a good many times to give myself a mighty fortune, and to set up businesses in as many major cities as I can, so I have UNLIMITED RESOURCES!!! MUAH HAHAHAHA!!!

Just wondering will we be able to make our own regiments i know there are some mods were you can make your own custom faction tree like in 16th century mod ect. So i was just wondering if this can be done with regiments because im sure some of us looking foward to this mod are in regiments and would like to make our regiments from MM or NW to appear in this mod or even just to make up a completly new regiments. Example Italian soldier wearing a british shako and a spainish uniform with a french musket. Now im sure to people who like the realism of this mod that kind of unit would seem like a abomination of history. But idk i think it would help make your army/regiment feel like its yours and not just a generic faction unit that all look the same now i know that there is a **** ton of units in this mod but at some point you are not really going to care if you send 100 french troops against 100 english troops. But if we had custom regiments/faction troops it would help make you feel your men are yours. It could be just as tiny as changing the units uniform color or what they are called. If this has been talked about in the past i apologize if this has been talked about in the past but its late and i really dont feel like going though the last 1000 pages to find it. Plus even if it has some new comments or ideas for this will not kill anyone. :smile:

Either a Swedish wealthy gentleman or a Norrlandish/Finnish peasant.  Possibly a dragoon/hussar or jäger.

I'm thinking of either being a French ranker, for the full napoleon experience, or a noble to some Italian faction to reunite Italy and lead a new Roman empire, which I will then use to conquer the domains of the old Roman Empire and then some.

GERRY said:
Hunting would be a cool feature,too, if its possible to add animals!
There's a crude version of this in 1776, animals wander the map like any other mod, with the animals acting like horses. You then get loot for killing them when you leave by pressing tab.

Hazzardevil said:
GERRY said:
Hunting would be a cool feature,too, if its possible to add animals!
There's a crude version of this in 1776, animals wander the map like any other mod, with the animals acting like horses. You then get loot for killing them when you leave by pressing tab.

I actually have played that, it is a very cool feature and im sure with permission from 1776, that he could just take it right out of 1776 (with a few minor changes I would be guessing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom