The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dinnerblaster said:
I don't mean to be nitpicky, because that's against my nature, but I just can't let this joke pass by.

"I bet we get world war 3 sooner than L'Aigle."

I just hope Doc's island isn't strategically too important when the bombs fall. Being myself a Finn, gotta just love to have Russia so near :razz:
Honestly... World war F@#$ing 5 will rage before L'aigle..

I think it's known as a "world war" because it involved nations from all over the world, not necessarily because it took place all over the world.

nilloc93 said:
RanGer_SLO said:
You know, some consider the Napoleonic Wars as a World War. Also, the Seven Years War.

Seven years was a world war
Napoleonic really did not leave Europe on any major scale (African campaign aside)

British invasion of Argentina, war of 1812, skirmishes in New Zealand, French/British/Spanish/Dutch fighting in the East and West Indies, revolts in India that were backed by the French, fighting in the middle East...

Feels like a world war to me.

Landgraft said:
nilloc93 said:
RanGer_SLO said:
You know, some consider the Napoleonic Wars as a World War. Also, the Seven Years War.

Napoleonic really did not leave Europe on any major scale (African campaign aside)

British invasion of Argentina, war of 1812, skirmishes in New Zealand, French/British/Spanish/Dutch fighting in the East and West Indies, revolts in India that were backed by the French, fighting in the middle East...

Yep, agreed. Perhaps not on the same scale as the two World Wars but still on a large-scale nonetheless.

Landgraft said:
nilloc93 said:
RanGer_SLO said:

New Zealand? Are you sure about that. New Zealand and most of the Islands around it where firmly in the hands off the British the only Americans down in that area where whalers.

I've read serious historians referring to the two world wars as one world war with a 21 year armistice in between.

Wranger said:
I've read serious historians referring to the two world wars as one world war with a 21 year armistice in between.

There were Nazis in ww1? Wow never knew

If they reason that with the fact that there still was hate and hostility after ww1 between the major nations you could also say that the world war took place over 65 years because the hostility between Germany and France wasnt gone after the franco prussian war too! Or you could say that the Napoleonic wars were also a part of the world war which ended in 1945 because they caused the franco prussian implicitly. Europe was always a place where the major nations struggleda about political and military power. So you cant say that ww1 and ww2 was just "one war" in my opinion.

Sorry for the novel.

GERRY said:
Wranger said:

If they reason that with the fact that there still was hate and hostility after ww1 between the major nations you could also say that the world war took place over 65 years because the hostility between Germany and France wasnt gone after the franco prussian war too! Or you could say that the Napoleonic wars were also a part of the world war which ended in 1945 because they caused the franco prussian implicitly. Europe was always a place where the major nations struggleda about political and military power. So you cant say that ww1 and ww2 was just "one war" in my opinion.

Sorry for the novel.
Just because there weren't nazis in ww1 that doesn't mean that those were two different wars, for example, at the start of ww1 there were no commies, but in he end of it Russia was communist.
That doesn't means that the start and the end of the ww1 were 2 different wars.
Anyway i don't think that ww1 and ww2 were the same war, they just are bound to each other

GERRY said:
Wranger said:

Sorry for the novel.

All those conflicts are linked and each one inadvertently led to the next.

Willhelm said:
GERRY said:
Wranger said:

Sorry for the novel.

All those conflicts are linked and each one inadvertently led to the next.
Basically every war since the Napoleonic Wars has directly affected the world in some way.

GERRY said:
Wranger said:

Technically, HItler got many of his opinions that formed the Nazi party during WW1.

Also, whoever says we need a beta, we really don't. Iron Europe was released too soon and look what that got us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom