The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, thats the second psycho-nationalist Scot I have encountered in the last week, the other one was on Napoleon TW. Though he was not caustic like this guy.

Ivan the Awesome said:
Funny, thats the second psycho-nationalist Scot I have encountered in the last week, the other one was on Napoleon TW. Though he was not caustic like this guy.

You want to piss 'em off? Call the kilt a skirt :lol:.
Anyways back on topic.

This may be too much to request or perhaps it has been asked before, but can we have a list of all regiments per nation? I'd like to see what regiments would be making it into the Prussian and British lineup especially.

Hello there Docm!
I have been following this mod for quite some time and you're doing a great job.

So while reading over time i have noticed you put the faction ''Serbian Rebels''.
Since i am Serbian myself i tought i might share some of my ideas.

I've seen that this mod is focused on the year ''1809''.
Serbia had it's first uprising the year 1804-1813. Though it was not successful (depends on your point of perspective) it was very influential.
You can maybe add some famous Serbian figures like ''Karađorđe'' (Black George) who was the leader of the first uprising.
During the first uprising the Serbians were sucessful in many battles and even ''defeated'' Napoleon himself since he instructed and equiped the Turkish army at the Battle of Ivankovac.
Back to my point the Serbians were capable soldiers and not just peasants.
Some Equipment

(I had alot of pictures here but the forums wouldn't let me post any :C)

Out of those pictures there is a GREAT Book about the serbian military uniforms 1808/1918. Very detailed pictures about every single offical uniform in the Serbian army.
That's most of what i know. I wish you would try to get this book somehow and make Serbia more then a band of ''Rebelious Peasants'' since they are very capable soldiers with a rich history of military victories.

Thank you for reading.

(The book name= Uniforme srpske vojske 1808/1918 ((Translated into Uniforms of the Serbian Military 1808/191:cool:))

For a more moment I was expecting a Psycho-Nationalist ala the Black Hand to say that calling them rebels is insulting and anti-semitic.
If you want to post the images, either post more and get permissions that way, or upload them as a gallery on Imgur and link us that way.

Hazzardevil said:
For a more moment I was expecting a Psycho-Nationalist ala the Black Hand to say that calling them rebels is insulting and anti-semitic.
If you want to post the images, either post more and get permissions that way, or upload them as a gallery on Imgur and link us that way.
Maybe i am a Pshyco-Nationalist, Who knows :grin: And also about the black hand and them being a terrorist organisation is all about perspective. To some they might be a bad terrorist group who did bad things but to some they might be a freedom liberation group. It's all about perspective.

I think I posted those plates before, if we're looking at the same book.

Bluehawk said:
Ct6iXeS.jpg

Bachelor (Freeman), 1806-08

DMmXdRq.jpg

Serbian "officer" (affluent noble or community leader), 1808.

0x1tgRP.jpg

Officer of the Regulars, 1808-09.

qwCjswj.jpg

Artillerist of the Regulars, 1808.

KZeh2nd.jpg

Drummer of the Regulars, 1808-09.

gxGIQDo.jpg

Signalist (Hornist) of the Regulars, 1808-08.

2ED0c8J.jpg

Regular soldier of a Regular battalion in winter dress, 1809.

JIvrLRC.jpg

Regular soldier of a Regular battalion, 1809.

mxJiCBy.jpg

Regular soldier of a Regular battalion in summer dress.

WwtZlmI.jpg

Artillerist of the People's Army, 1808.

d2uCP5S.jpg

Soldier of the Soviet/Council Guard "Serves Garde" (the provisional Serbian government had two branches, the Narodna Skupština (People's Assembly) and the Praviteljstvujušči Sovjet (Ruling Council)

9J6Z1Vd.jpg

Russian advisor to the Serbian forces, Captain Ilya Novokreshchenniy, in a uniform of his own design (not a man of modesty, clearly...)

I've since found out that Novokreshcheni was a native Serbian with experience in Russian service, not a Russian adviser or adventurer gone to Serbia. His surname, literally "Newly Baptized", was an assumed name during the revolt, and his original name was Илија Угричић Требињски (Iliya Ugrichich Trebinyski). His biography is still pretty much a blank to me though.

Bluehawk said:
I think I posted those plates before, if we're looking at the same book.

Bluehawk said:
Ct6iXeS.jpg

Bachelor (Freeman), 1806-08

DMmXdRq.jpg

Serbian "officer" (affluent noble or community leader), 1808.

0x1tgRP.jpg

Officer of the Regulars, 1808-09.

qwCjswj.jpg

Artillerist of the Regulars, 1808.

KZeh2nd.jpg

Drummer of the Regulars, 1808-09.

gxGIQDo.jpg

Signalist (Hornist) of the Regulars, 1808-08.

2ED0c8J.jpg

Regular soldier of a Regular battalion in winter dress, 1809.

JIvrLRC.jpg

Regular soldier of a Regular battalion, 1809.

mxJiCBy.jpg

Regular soldier of a Regular battalion in summer dress.

WwtZlmI.jpg

Artillerist of the People's Army, 1808.

d2uCP5S.jpg

Soldier of the Soviet/Council Guard "Serves Garde" (the provisional Serbian government had two branches, the Narodna Skupština (People's Assembly) and the Praviteljstvujušči Sovjet (Ruling Council)

9J6Z1Vd.jpg

Russian advisor to the Serbian forces, Captain Ilya Novokreshchenniy, in a uniform of his own design (not a man of modesty, clearly...)

I've since found out that Novokreshcheni was a native Serbian with experience in Russian service, not a Russian adviser or adventurer gone to Serbia. His surname, literally "Newly Baptized", was an assumed name during the revolt, and his original name was Илија Угричић Требињски (Iliya Ugrichich Trebinyski). His biography is still pretty much a blank to me though.

This is exactly what i wanted to post! Very good pictures!

Exodor said:
Hazzardevil said:
Maybe i am a Pshyco-Nationalist, Who knows :grin: And also about the black hand and them being a terrorist organisation is all about perspective. To some they might be a bad terrorist group who did bad things but to some they might be a freedom liberation group. It's all about perspective.
I understand what they did and why they did, but there was better ways for them to get independence, like being a nuisance like not paying taxes on a large scale.

Hazzardevil said:
Exodor said:
Hazzardevil said:
I understand what they did and why they did, but there was better ways for them to get independence, like being a nuisance like not paying taxes on a large scale.

Terrorists. Period. If Osama was flagged as a terrorist and Moamer as an evil dictator than black hand is by that definition the Satan himself.

Licko90 said:
Hazzardevil said:
Exodor said:
Hazzardevil said:

Terrorists. Period. If Osama was flagged as a terrorist and Moamer as an evil dictator than black hand is by that definition the Satan himself.
its actualy Usama bin Ladin,not Osama ben Laden

@Bluehawk
The book is a faux. I've read it and have it myself. Uniforms are mainly stolen from Montenegrin designs donated by Russia in 1806-7. Serbian army was nothing but a mere militia and before 1840s.
Officially, Serbia had one regiment of infantry uniformed by Russian general Mikhail Miloradovich in 1817. Serbian army wore traditional outfits, with the first uniforms being those of officers and guard regiments in 1830s, followed by cavalry uniforms (Serbians had some distinctive "Gusar" (eng. "pirate" literally) lancers) supplied by Austria around 1835.
The army was still mainly militia until fully placed as a formal army and not a militia around 1845. By then first orders were instituted, medals were given out and support was received from Russia massively. The first formal head-dress was the Russian styled kepi in blue colour instituted around 1860. Generals wore Prussian styled uniforms around 1865, with pickelhaubes as their main head-dress. First official Serbian-style uniforms were the ones used in the 1876-1878 war, with brown jackets and blue pants, officers and all cavalry had boots while most infantry still wore "opanci". Šajkača, the Serbian national hat, came in use after being donated by Austria (due to it being, as stated by the Austrian army staff "a fail design" or somewhat) in quite large quantities (some 130k) around 1870-75. It soon became the standard hat for all officers and soldiers' service uniforms, with the peaked cap being placed only on formal dresses for officers.

All amounts => Serbia had no uniforms before 1830s at all. They wore the national clothing and Turkish turbans and fes hats. The most formal and uniformed thing they had were medals that were conferred upon Karađorđe and his top officers by the Russian Tsar and the Austrian Emperor. This that I said is by no means to insult the Serbs, but I am simply pointing to the fact that they consider everything that Montenegro has ever succeeded at and they haven't - Serbian work, the book is rather a faux at anything it says about pre-1850-60 period, pure propaganda from the Greater Serbia Nachertaniye series.

As for French officers in Turkish rows, I've heard nothing about it and consider it a faux. Specially the list of those officers including Napoleon or any of his higher quality officers. The Turkish army of the time was pretty much made out of men with even not enough food for generals and not to even talk about their soldiers and their equipment. In 1814, a Turkish force of what was in Stambul considered elite soldiers, counting some 14k under Siliktar Ali-pasha from Bosnia surrendered to get food from around 300 Montenegrin soldiers under Capitan Markovich (commander of Nikšić border guard units at the time, later general).

So yeah, as far as the Serbian army was unequipped and poor, it still was better than what Stambul could supply to west Balkans at the time, due to being under hard pressure from a few dozen thousand (40k-80k from time to time) Russians under Pozorovsky, Kutuzov, the Kamensky brothers and Bagration. This is the main reason on why the Serbians succeeded at anything, eventually falling apart and the revolt's leaders fleeing to Austria, Montenegro and Russia after the treaty of Bucharest...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Southeast_Europe_1812_map_en.PNG

Serbians were equipped by mainly home-made blackpowder weapons and sabres of all "calibers", Austrian, Turkish, Russian, Hungarian, French and home-made. There was no cavalry at all and richer fellows that were commanders usually wore some gold braidings or something such on Serbian national cloth. There was no distinction between ranks and even the amount of paper was scarce, so there was basically no official communication between the Serbian commanders of the time. It was mainly on an "I know you" or "I trust you" basis when delivering orders to hierarchially lower ranked ones from higher ranked ones.

Search "Serbian national clothing" for actual uniforms of soldiers. You can also search in google "Šumadijnska nošnja" and "Srpska narodna nošnja"
http://www.muzejvostanihfigura.autentik.net/portreti/024.php
http://www.muzejvostanihfigura.autentik.net/galerija/004.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Veljko_Petrović.jpg
http://www.novavaros.com/slike/vozd2.jpg
http://royalfamily.org/files/580/djordje-petrovic-known-as-karadjordje[5].jpg
http://www.navidiku.eu/magazin/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Karadjordje1.jpg

If anything is there that I missed. Say it so.

Pff...

Agovic said:
@Bluehawk
The book is a faux. I've read it and have it myself. Uniforms are mainly stolen from Montenegrin designs donated by Russia in 1806-7. Serbian army was nothing but a mere militia and before 1840s.
Officially, Serbia had one regiment of infantry uniformed by Russian general Mikhail Miloradovich in 1817. Serbian army wore traditional outfits, with the first uniforms being those of officers and guard regiments in 1830s, followed by cavalry uniforms (Serbians had some distinctive "Gusar" (eng. "pirate" literally) lancers) supplied by Austria around 1835.
The army was still mainly militia until fully placed as a formal army and not a militia around 1845. By then first orders were instituted, medals were given out and support was received from Russia massively. The first formal head-dress was the Russian styled kepi in blue colour instituted around 1860. Generals wore Prussian styled uniforms around 1865, with pickelhaubes as their main head-dress. First official Serbian-style uniforms were the ones used in the 1876-1878 war, with brown jackets and blue pants, officers and all cavalry had boots while most infantry still wore "opanci". Šajkača, the Serbian national hat, came in use after being donated by Austria (due to it being, as stated by the Austrian army staff "a fail design" or somewhat) in quite large quantities (some 130k) around 1870-75. It soon became the standard hat for all officers and soldiers' service uniforms, with the peaked cap being placed only on formal dresses for officers.

All amounts => Serbia had no uniforms before 1830s at all. They wore the national clothing and Turkish turbans and fes hats. The most formal and uniformed thing they had were medals that were conferred upon Karađorđe and his top officers by the Russian Tsar and the Austrian Emperor. This that I said is by no means to insult the Serbs, but I am simply pointing to the fact that they consider everything that Montenegro has ever succeeded at and they haven't - Serbian work, the book is rather a faux at anything it says about pre-1850-60 period, pure propaganda from the Greater Serbia Nachertaniye series.

As for French officers in Turkish rows, I've heard nothing about it and consider it a faux. Specially the list of those officers including Napoleon or any of his higher quality officers. The Turkish army of the time was pretty much made out of men with even not enough food for generals and not to even talk about their soldiers and their equipment. In 1814, a Turkish force of what was in Stambul considered elite soldiers, counting some 14k under Siliktar Ali-pasha from Bosnia surrendered to get food from around 300 Montenegrin soldiers under Capitan Markovich (commander of Nikšić border guard units at the time, later general).

So yeah, as far as the Serbian army was unequipped and poor, it still was better than what Stambul could supply to west Balkans at the time, due to being under hard pressure from a few dozen thousand (40k-80k from time to time) Russians under Pozorovsky, Kutuzov, the Kamensky brothers and Bagration. This is the main reason on why the Serbians succeeded at anything, eventually falling apart and the revolt's leaders fleeing to Austria, Montenegro and Russia after the treaty of Bucharest...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Southeast_Europe_1812_map_en.PNG

Serbians were equipped by mainly home-made blackpowder weapons and sabres of all "calibers", Austrian, Turkish, Russian, Hungarian, French and home-made. There was no cavalry at all and richer fellows that were commanders usually wore some gold braidings or something such on Serbian national cloth. There was no distinction between ranks and even the amount of paper was scarce, so there was basically no official communication between the Serbian commanders of the time. It was mainly on an "I know you" or "I trust you" basis when delivering orders to hierarchially lower ranked ones from higher ranked ones.

Search "Serbian national clothing" for actual uniforms of soldiers. You can also search in google "Šumadijnska nošnja" and "Srpska narodna nošnja"
http://www.muzejvostanihfigura.autentik.net/portreti/024.php
http://www.muzejvostanihfigura.autentik.net/galerija/004.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Veljko_Petrović.jpg
http://www.novavaros.com/slike/vozd2.jpg
http://royalfamily.org/files/580/djordje-petrovic-known-as-karadjordje[5].jpg
http://www.navidiku.eu/magazin/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Karadjordje1.jpg

If anything is there that I missed. Say it so.

Pff...
Jesus f**king christ man! What kind of grudge are you holding against Serbia? xD Im loving the repeat of how they stole everything and didnt do anything alone and cant do anything xD. Best part is the "pff" and "no offence".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom