The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
I've actually considered doing a stream of the mod before, but I eventually decided that my ISP's incredibly bad upload speed (60 kB/s max) prevents me from being able to.

A more likely thing is a sort of pre-recorded Let's Play type video.
i hope so yes!

Please do it doc, everyone is incredibly keen for this mod, give the fans a Christmas present of a video. (Might be enough to staunch release date questions.... at least for a while)

Docm30 said:
I've actually considered doing a stream of the mod before, but I eventually decided that my ISP's incredibly bad upload speed (60 kB/s max) prevents me from being able to.

A more likely thing is a sort of pre-recorded Let's Play type video.

That would be entirely awesome and as others said a great Christmas present :grin:

PLEASE DO IT DOCM :mrgreen:

3rdRoF T.Conroy said:
Please do it doc, everyone is incredibly keen for this mod, give the fans a Christmas present of a video. (Might be enough to staunch release date questions.... at least for a while)

It might staunch release date questions, but uhm.... it might start release date questions for the video itself :lol:

Odyseuss said:
brata123 said:
this mod will be released in 10 days. I am right?

Edit: You have got to be kidding me..........  You just made my day.....

RELEASE TIME : 2013. And when 2013 is in end you just say: 2014  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Shut up and stop whining about release dates please.

He said that it will be released in 2013 didn't he? And now its 2014.. And I am ot whining about release dates-.

It's also still 2013, unless you happen to live a week in the future.

@Docm; On another note do you happen to know if there were any major differences between the pre-1812 infantry shako plates? I've seen a few people discussing whether or not the crown at the top was replaced with different regiment roles, i.e grenade, hunting horn, etc. Mostly curious in relation to the Foot Guard shako plates, particularly the 1800-1812 one on the right hand page.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5345/001kbxb.jpg

Neuron said:
It's also still 2013, unless you happen to live a week in the future.

@Docm; On another note do you happen to know if there were any major differences between the pre-1812 infantry shako plates? I've seen a few people discussing whether or not the crown at the top was replaced with different regiment roles, i.e grenade, hunting horn, etc. Mostly curious in relation to the Foot Guard shako plates, particularly the 1800-1812 one on the right hand page.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5345/001kbxb.jpg

Docm also stated earlier it would not be releasing in 2013...

11sparky11 said:
Neuron said:
I'm trying to work out where in my post I indicated that it was coming out this year.

'It's also still 2013, unless you happen to live a week in the future.'

That's not an indication that it was coming out this year; rather, a correction of brata's comment about it being 2014. Stop trying to spark a witchhunt when there isn't one to be found.

Are we still seriously talking about the ****ing release date? FFS its coming 2014 so be patient and shut the f up. Stop asking and talking about it. It will come out when it is ready.

Welcome to the Internet, where everyone is either Judge Dredd, Saruman, a White Knight or racist.

Meanwhile I ponder on the question of firearms. Most nations and their units had their own regulated standard issue muskets, carbines and pistols back then, so this makes me wonder if we'll all get the "generic smoothbore musket" for all troops and nations or we'll see the french guard marching with the Charleville Modèle 1777, the british grenadiers with the iconic Brown Bess and the Austrians with whatever they held in their hands at that time? Apologies if this was answered already, but I am running out of topics to discuss about L'Aigle.

SolidXerm said:
Welcome to the Internet, where everyone is either Judge Dredd, Saruman, a White Knight or racist.

Meanwhile I ponder on the question of firearms. Most nations and their units had their own regulated standard issue muskets, carbines and pistols back then, so this makes me wonder if we'll all get the "generic smoothbore musket" for all troops and nations or we'll see the french guard marching with the Charleville Modèle 1777, the british grenadiers with the iconic Brown Bess and the Austrians with whatever they held in their hands at that time? Apologies if this was answered already, but I am running out of topics to discuss about L'Aigle.

You can see the various muskets on the front page. I have no doubt that they will all be using their historical weapons, Docm wouldnt go to such great lengths of accuracy on the uniforms just to give them a generic unnamed musket. It will be interesting to see how he does the stats differences, they'll all be very similar but they should have slight differences. For example, would a brown bess be slightly more damaging than a Charleville?

ClearlyInvisible said:
As long as I can nail someone with a Baker at the proper range, I'll be happy.

Docm30 said:
11sparky11 said:
I have a question about light infantry. How accurate will the rifles be? Iv'e seen some mods were they are pretty op, and was just wondering how much of an impact they have on a battle, in comparison with the effectiveness of normal infantry.

Right now rifles are almost twice as accurate as muskets, but it's not working real well so I'll probably make it more like 20-30%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom