The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dinnerblaster said:
Yay, it's the independence day of Finland, and what's a better way to celebrate than watching the most sense making scene from everyone's favourite Napoleonic war epic, 'Sven Tuuva', with rapturous critics praising in delight, like here:

Docm30 said:
That may have been the worst thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Prometheus.

Enjoy :razz:

Now seriously speaking, I've wanted to ask this for some time now. How historically accurate those Russian officer uniforms are? I am usually blind to anachronism when it comes to the equipement, but even to me those look like too modern. Then again, I don't know, could someone enlighten me up? The film takes place during the summer of 1808 and at least another of those guys is supposed to be a captain.

What did I just watch? That was so weird. :smile:

Didn't put 'when' in quotations, big deal. :roll:

My post was originally phrased to mimic his, but I figured it would confuse people, so I edited it to what it is currently.

Would you have preferred me slinging a string of expletives at him for asking obnoxious release-date related questions (two of which are literally "release when", by the by) again? Actually, you were one of the people who told him to bug off last time. I don't get this sudden hostility thing.

I'm surprised how many people think asking for updates is going to get them delivered any faster, and how they don't look at the front page.

Even if it's not released this year, **** I can wait. I always looked at the realease date given at the end of the trailer to mean a rough idea of when it was coming out. To me it means either late this year or earlyish next year. Because it's a mod and not a complete game you can't subject it to strict deadlines. That freedom is what make mods so special and fun to play, it allows the creator more time to make his game exactly how he wants it.

So please for the love of God stop putting pressure on the pretty much sole creator of this outstanding looking mod and cease demanding a release date. Instead just go live your life and check back once in a while to see if any updates have been posted.

dinnerblaster said:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/laigle/images/a-gun-trained-on-the-french-capital

Isn't that most awesome  :shock:

I also love the posture, which brought a question to my mind. Does Napoleon keep his hand in the westcoat like in paintings?

That really is a beautiful image.

Epicrules said:
Didn't put 'when' in quotations, big deal. :roll:

My post was originally phrased to mimic his, but I figured it would confuse people, so I edited it to what it is currently.

Would you have preferred me slinging a string of expletives at him for asking obnoxious release-date related questions (two of which are literally "release when", by the by) again? Actually, you were one of the people who told him to bug off last time. I don't get this sudden hostility thing.

Yes

Hazzardevil said:
nilloc93 said:
breaking your hand? presumably you think your hand is made of steel and can block the swing from what is essentially a hefted axe.
I imagine could could stop yourself being hit by a halberd by grabbing/blocking the handle near the blade, but if you have time to do that you have time to do something nasty to them. So I don't see the point.

doubtful, if you have ever tried to grab something with any real weight behind it that is swinging at you its very hard to stop it before it hits you. blocking with a musket or something is obviously possible, but I assumed that he meant grabbing it since "broken hand" came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom