The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluehawk said:
And speaking of Crimean Tatars, it's too bad they weren't raised until 1812, because they look awesome:
4GPjZWz.jpg
That is a shame!

Late in the 19th century the Don horse was deliberately cross-bred with Orlovs, Arabians, Karabakhs etc. to try and hone their height, colour, hardiness, and cooperativeness. The older Don breed used in the Napoleonic wars has more in common with the horses proliferated by the Mongol hordes, most recognizably: in size. I think those artists were so fixated on clothing and saddles that the horse was drawn "on auto pilot".

Bluehawk said:
Late in the 19th century the Don horse was deliberately cross-bred with Orlovs, Arabians, Karabakhs etc. to try and hone their height, colour, hardiness, and cooperativeness. The older Don breed used in the Napoleonic wars has more in common with the horses proliferated by the Mongol hordes, most recognizably: in size. I think those artists were so fixated on clothing and saddles that the horse was drawn "on auto pilot".

Soooo.... were they smaller or bigger than most other breeds? Is what we really want to know. Grand Maester of Russian History

11sparky11 said:
Bluehawk said:
Soooo.... were they smaller or bigger than most other breeds? Is what we really want to know. Grand Maester of Russian History
Someone needs to improve their skim-reading. OR you know, actually read paragraphs.

Epicrules said:
Someone needs to realize that not everybody knows the size of Mongol horses off the top of their heads.
11sparky11 said:
Exactly lol.
OH.
Well, Mongol breeds tend to be stocky, and around 10% smaller. Sorta short and fat, like hobbit horses, ponies.
However, they have great stamina and maneuverability, if they lack speed.
Horse_men.jpg

dbe6.jpg

egy9.jpg

I guess if you are a good rider you wouldn't fall off that much. And don't you get to act like you are better than everyone else? Because you know you are riding a horse. And have cool uniforms.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Vicccard said:
As a cavalry re-enactor, I must thank you.

Cavalry reenacting must be hard as hell. Always having to be in a saddle, at constant chance of falling off.

It takes more training then being an infantryman, but no (good!) cavarly re-enactor started without at least some experience. My seat is apparently my best point - So far I've never fallen off. Okay, I've only ridden for 1,5 year, but still. Anyway, people who have an active constant fear of falling off, usually don't become cavalry re-enactors  :lol:

11sparky11 said:
I guess if you are a good rider you wouldn't fall off that much. And don't you get to act like you are better than everyone else? Because you know you are riding a horse. And have cool uniforms.

Yes. Yes, we do indeed. I've actually trained the arrogant stance.

You want to see an arrogance stance? How about someone Reenacting Reynold's Cavalry at Gettysburg. Those buggers think they're better than everyone else there, it's hilarious.

This is going to sound really dumb. I have checked the thread and I didn't find any post about this being transferred to bannerlord. So... Will this mod also be for bannerlord when it comes out?  :lol:

German_Lawrence said:
This is going to sound really dumb. I have checked the thread and I didn't find any post about this being transferred to bannerlord. So... Will this mod also be for bannerlord when it comes out?  :lol:
Sometime 2013. Never ask this question again; it is a nuisance the modders.

Rangerplus10 said:
German_Lawrence said:
Sometime 2013. Never ask this question again; it is a nuisance the modders.
Wtf are you talking about.... I was asking if this was going to be transferred down to bannerlord... not when the mod was going to be out. Pay more attention to what you are reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom