The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be funny if this was a massive elaborate troll, whereby there was no mod just a massive g-up and a never ending wait until finally four years later, with fans on the edge of their seats.....'lel, gotcha'

3rdRoF T.Conroy said:
It would be funny if this was a massive elaborate troll, whereby there was no mod just a massive g-up and a never ending wait until finally four years later, with fans on the edge of their seats.....'lel, gotcha'
That would be horrible. :smile: Oh, and (I think) people stopped using shield by the time of plate mail; too heavy.

3rdRoF T.Conroy said:

I would go on a killing spree.  :evil:

Atreia said:
Even gta5 has been release this mod have working for 2years, where ar u ???
Mods take time. This is a big mod, not some crappy mod with a few new features. AND TO ADD: docm does this for free.. gta5 is paid to do make the game. Im sure if This was Docms job and he got paid millions... he would get the mod out a lot sooner. now stop being disrespectful and wait.

Atreia said:

I'll be honest with your here. Docm has already finished the mod and has been distributing it to people who participated in this thread but never asked when it will be released.

Sorry guys, but he deserves the truth! Oh btw, in case you're wondering, yes the mod is awesome. I just had a 3000 man battle at 60fps.

RanGer_SLO said:
Atreia said:

I'll be honest with your here. Docm has already finished the mod and has been distributing it to people who participated in this thread but never asked when it will be released.

Sorry guys, but he deserves the truth! Oh btw, in case you're wondering, yes the mod is awesome. I just had a 3000 man battle at 60fps.
And that explains why I never got it. :smile:

Edit:
Wait! Its done!  :shock:
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight...

So the other day, I was thinking "Hey, Napoleonic Wars with a full single-player mode. It'd be cool." and I went to ole mate Google to look for something of the likes. And then I found this gem, hidden under all the cheap mods - I fell in love instantly. The detail, the amount of LOVE & CARE poured into this thing is just amazing! It left me hyped, so I have a few questions.

I see an avid lack of Hungarians in the mod so far, although they were pretty heavily involved in the Kaiser's army. Hungarian Hussars were regarded as the best cavalry in the world at that time and Hungarian Grenadiers were counted as the Austrian equivalent of the french Grognard, while the villages of the Hungarian Lowlands provided large amounts of basic grunts and line infantry. As I see the mod is still WIP, are they being added at a later date or are they just simply forgotten about? I would be delighted to see my kin properly represented in a Napoleonic era game.

Secondly, the multiplayer. Not making one would greatly decrease development time, and seeing how Napoleonic Wars sort of already filled that gap in, the question comes to mind; Is it really necessary to have a multiplayer for this mod? It'd either be just forgotten about in the shadow of NW or very rarely played.

RanGer_SLO said:
Atreia said:

Please don't do that, it only confuses those who are faithful to the mod and don't ask stupid questions, plus it brings in idiots who will constantly spam this thread asking for a download link.

RanGer_SLO said:
Atreia said:

Not a funny joke -_-

SolidXerm said:
So the other day, I was thinking "Hey, Napoleonic Wars with a full single-player mode. It'd be cool." and I went to ole mate Google to look for something of the likes. And then I found this gem, hidden under all the cheap mods - I fell in love instantly. The detail, the amount of LOVE & CARE poured into this thing is just amazing! It left me hyped, so I have a few questions.

I see an avid lack of Hungarians in the mod so far, although they were pretty heavily involved in the Kaiser's army. Hungarian Hussars were regarded as the best cavalry in the world at that time and Hungarian Grenadiers were counted as the Austrian equivalent of the french Grognard, while the villages of the Hungarian Lowlands provided large amounts of basic grunts and line infantry. As I see the mod is still WIP, are they being added at a later date or are they just simply forgotten about? I would be delighted to see my kin properly represented in a Napoleonic era game.

Secondly, the multiplayer. Not making one would greatly decrease development time, and seeing how Napoleonic Wars sort of already filled that gap in, the question comes to mind; Is it really necessary to have a multiplayer for this mod? It'd either be just forgotten about in the shadow of NW or very rarely played.

I'm pretty sure Docm's shown off some Hungarians. I'll do a search and check...

Edit: Found a Hussar and a Fusliler

hunghussar.jpg

hungarianfusilier.jpg

Also I walked upon a pic of a Guard Cossack, in-case anyone wants to see it

guardcossacknew.jpg

Now I'm curious which Don standard he chose to give them, or also if he chose a full standard or just a pennant. Avoiding the mile-long inscriptions would appear to necessitate creating a new model. Really long streamers without animations probably don't look so hot.

2490.jpg

pic2491@.jpg

2493.jpg

2494.jpg

2495.jpg

2496.jpg

2497.jpg

2498.jpg

SolidXerm said:

That was all because of the alliance between the Austrians and the Hungarians in the way that the Austrian king ruled and the entire Austrian parliament was filled with Hungarians and I know because I had several Hungarian politician ancestors.

MadManYo said:
I am curious to find out how ranks and buying commotions works.
I am also hoping to see a famed square working for once.

Docm30 said:
The purchase of commisions is planned.

As for the square...
Docm30 said:
Scorpia said:
Also, will there be a F key to enable square formation? I think that would be cool, even if it is just a square cluster :grin:

There is a sort of a square formation, but it is, as you say, a cluster, not a proper square and more like the battalion mass used by the Austrians. It would take a far superior coder than myself to make a proper square.

Pardon me if these are outdated.

EDIT:
silentdeath838 said:
I would also be interested in what generals would be represented.
Austrian generals (you can use the search function to find these quite easily, you know, as well as edit your posts instead of double posting):
Docm30 said:
General von Hiller said:
@Docm A little question: since i'm an austrian,i wanted to know which Austrian Generals will be in the Mod?

These ones. Remember that I named the generals when I wasn't sure when I was setting the mod, so I still need to give it another once-over at some point.

Erzherzog Karl von Oesterreich
Johann Freiherr von Prochaska
Erzherzog Johann von Oesterreich
Heinrich, Graf Bellegarde
Johannes Joseph
Erzherzog Ferdinand d'Este
Karl, Graf Kolowrat-Krakowsky
Johann Freiherr von Hiller
Franz von Rosenberg-Orsini
Friedrich Hohenzollern-Hechingen
Friedrich, Graf Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld
Karl von Schwarzenberg
Vincenz Bianchi von Castelanza
Michael Freiherr von Kienmayer
Johann, Graf Klenau
Hieronymous von Colloredo-Mansfield
Ferdinand, Graf Bubna Litic
Johann Siegmund, Graf Riesch
Peter Freiherr von Vecsey
Johann, Graf Radetzky

Thanks.

I would also be interested in what generals would be represented. I know that people like Fürst zu Schwarzenberg would be irreplaceable and the mod could not last without Gebhard von Blucher, but what other generals will be in there. I had an Austrian Major General in my family that died at the battle of Leipzig called Major General Samuel von Giffing but he was not really that important and there was a major von Schill but he was killed by a Danish, Dutch and Holsteiner army, there was the famous Prussians like von Yorck and August Gneisenau but I would like to know which others will be in the mod.

P.S. For all the Napoleon lovers out there my family are Hungarians and Germans so naturally we all hate Napoleon. Yes even two hundred years later.

silentdeath838 said:
For all the Napoleon lovers out there my family are Hungarians and Germans so naturally we all hate Napoleon.
Thanks for sharing! I'll remember to pass it on to my fellow Bonapartist-secret-society buddies.

Bluehawk said:
Now I'm curious which Don standard he chose to give them, or also if he chose a full standard or just a pennant. Avoiding the mile-long inscriptions would appear to necessitate creating a new model. Really long streamers without animations probably don't look so hot.

2490.jpg

pic2491@.jpg

2493.jpg

2494.jpg

2495.jpg

2496.jpg

2497.jpg

2498.jpg

I went with the pennant that shows Saint George spearing a man who's being spooned by a wolf.

jrq1.jpg

SolidXerm said:

Multiplayer takes almost no time of mine. Wolfstar is the one doing most of the work.

There are four types of Hungarian troops in the mod; Fusiliers, Grenadiers, Hussars and Grenzers, though the Grenzers were mostly Croats and Romanians they were considered 'Hungarian', the same way Czechs and Galicians were considered 'German'.

Rangerplus10 said:
RanGer_SLO said:
Atreia said:

And that explains why I never got it. :smile:

Edit:
Wait! Its done!  :shock:
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight...

That was a cruel joke RanGer_SLO.  :evil:

Visky says it's the Archangel Michael slaying the devil, yet he has no wings and I've never seen any other icon that shows the devil on (or being knocked off) a horse. He also thankfully isn't holding a rainbow in his hands or balancing a five foot horn with his teeth.

Your model and texture looks great. You even captured the faint floral pattern in the stitching, I think, or approximated it.

These ones. Remember that I named the generals when I wasn't sure when I was setting the mod, so I still need to give it another once-over at some point.

Erzherzog Karl von Oesterreich
Johann Freiherr von Prochaska
Erzherzog Johann von Oesterreich
Heinrich, Graf Bellegarde
Johannes Joseph
Erzherzog Ferdinand d'Este
Karl, Graf Kolowrat-Krakowsky
Johann Freiherr von Hiller
Franz von Rosenberg-Orsini
Friedrich Hohenzollern-Hechingen
Friedrich, Graf Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld
Karl von Schwarzenberg
Vincenz Bianchi von Castelanza
Michael Freiherr von Kienmayer
Johann, Graf Klenau
Hieronymous von Colloredo-Mansfield
Ferdinand, Graf Bubna Litic
Johann Siegmund, Graf Riesch
Peter Freiherr von Vecsey
Johann, Graf Radetzky

Von Vécsey-s firstname was August, or if you want to use the Hungarian version: Ágost or Ágoston. His rank instead of Freiherr was Graf and he was the last captian of the Royal Hungarian Lifeguards. Here's a picture of the Lifeguards:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mGKiqn1naDI/TRl8LHLEBuI/AAAAAAAAA4c/8rF8yRlotEQ/s1600/kiraly_testor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom