The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
Officers' uniforms have slightly higher armour to sort of justify the cost. It may be enough to just barely save you from a bullet, or more likely it'll help against swords. More importantly, a nice uniform is paramount to maintaining any kind of social standing. Show up to a ball dressed like a vagrant and you'll be treated with nought but disdain.

Well who cares about whatever stupid ideas I might come up with, that's a heck of a lot cooler.

So, I've been following this mod since its conception, pretty much, and as a result I've seen an awful lot of content go into it, so much so it could probably be justified as a standalone. When it does eventually release, approximately how big is the file going to be? Just curiosity got the better of me.

Dear, Docm30!

LOL

Great job you've already done))) Really)) But... Gess when you finish your project im afraid we wouldnt need it))) Not for money not for free)) There are lot of good games from professional studios: TW Rome2, Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag (great!!!), Europa Universalis 4 (already in Steam) and many athers)))

LOL

Sorry and Good Luck)))

Volkonski said:
First off, for every day somebody uses the acronym "lol" to start off a paragraph and end it, I will punch a puppy. Secondly, why did we need to know that?.

You dont need to know that.

Are you Docm30?

I don't get what is meant by "we wouldn't need it". There were always many other good games out there by professional studios and when l'aigle comes out I think I'll find time for both, especially because I waited so long for it. I don't think there is a single game set in the Napoleonic Wars (out of the ones I know) that will be able to compare to l'aigle and I personally adore the Napoleonic Wars time period, so I don't care about the other "good games" out there.

Vicccard said:
An Orange-ist like in a supporter of the House of Orange. Which I hope will be the sort of exiled heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Holland.

I regret the Batavian Patriots won't be in the mod, having been ousted only three years earlier.

Omega_007 said:
Vicccard said:
An Orange-ist like in a supporter of the House of Orange. Which I hope will be the sort of exiled heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Holland.

I regret the Batavian Patriots won't be in the mod, having been ousted only three years earlier.

Technically 4 years, as Napoleon had already appointed a sort-of Dictator named Schimmelpenick in 1805.

It's an interesting detail that General H. W. Daendels, the leader of the Batavian rebels in 1795, was made Governor-General of the Dutch east-indies in 1807, pretty much as far away from the new Kingdom as possible.

He send out a message saying all captains should surrender their ships to the British and all colonies should co-orporate with the British to fight the French and the rebels

Nobody listened, of course (Even though many naval captains were loyal to him, the crews really weren't), but the British took this as an welcome excuse to attack the colonies. They also used it as an excuse to keep the Cape in 1815;  'Yeah your dad gave it to us in twenty years ago, so we are gonna keep it now".

During the 1799 invasion however, quite a few ships surrendered themselves to the British and became an independent 'Dutch' squadron within the Royal navy, under the flag of the Prince of Orange. There was also a Holland Brigade made out of prisoners of war and orangists, which was disbanded in 1802.. The ships were sold to the Royal navy.

On the case of Orangeism:
William (Future king I) made a deal with Napoleon that made him Prince of Nassau-Orange-Fulda in 1803, betrayed him in 1806, and was kicked out of power. He entered Austrian service in 1809 and got wounded at Wagram. It's important to remember that the Oranges had already given up all hope to the Dutch throne until he was suddenly called back. The fact he returned in 1813 was not because the people wanted it, but because it was the only way to ensure the victorious Allies wouldn't punish the Netherlands (Some smart politicians at work there). Though, of course, our history books say otherwise.

Yeah, I edited this post like 5 times.

11sparky11 said:
Dear God that was awful. Most American comedy is horrible :/

Whilst it will never compare to classic English comedy, some content from WKUK is quite entertaining. They can drag on for a long time, though.

More on-topic: I actually feel that I too will have at least one gentleman character, like Vicccard. I think it could be rather run.

11sparky11 said:
Dear God that was awful. Most American comedy is horrible :/

WKUK comedy is not American Comedy, they're in a genre all their own. American comedy has such geniuses among it's ranks as Dave Chapelle and Dane Cook.

Captain_Fozzington said:
Hey Docm30, think you can add in a sexual assualt mechanic with varying degrees? Y'know, from, say, grabbing an individual in public to full on graping them?

That's not even funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom