The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ililsa said:
Helmets like that always remind me of Police helmets.
Not quite sure why.

I think I might have encountered those fellows in Cossacks II.
Not quite sure whether they were one of the Rhine's cavalry units or not, but they look a bit like it.

Edit: Was confusing them with the unit just called 'light cavalryman'

I think of the Thin Blue Line theme tune when I see the Bavarian helmets, don't know why.

I thought this mod's file size would go well beyond even the BoN mod, gratified that the size has been kept down.

Captured_Joe is going to be reaaally happy.

Personally, I can't wait for the Nassau troops! But for now: Beautiful helmet!

I've just watched the trailer on YT...

Again I must congratulate the developers of this mod for a job well done!
I don't think even a payd crew of professionals could have pulled off a better work...

Honestly there's only one other mod I'm looking forward to as much as this one (that would be Grim Age mod; the only comparable one in terms of quality :p)

I guess this will keep me playing Warband for a loooooooooooong while even after Bannerlord comes LAWL  :mrgreen:

I wonder, just as an idea, would it be possible to make the musket armed troops not aim while moving? In NW, and in WFaS, I find it extremely annoying when I give a moving command, and half the line takes twice the time to get there, simply because they wont stop aiming at the enemy.

Vicccard said:
Captured_Joe is going to be reaaally happy.
I am! I instantly recognised it as the helmet of my favorite Napoleonic unit! :grin:

Docm30 said:
these Germans loved their crazy, leather helmets.
Those helmets were awesome.

Also, ever saw the helmets of Württemberger Jäger zu Pferd Officers? :mrgreen:

EDIT:
Wait, that crest does looks suspiciously small. BRING ON THE RIDICULOUSLY FAT PLUMES!

what about Soldiers Arms Drill,  the British regulation Drill and Prussian and french?  Im not expecting the bots to do a complete manual drill of arms but it would be nice for once to have soldiers carry their muskets correctly at shoulder arms. that means a bent elbow for Prussian and French and a Straight arm for the Brits.

also any thoughts on synchronized marching in line or column. - 'Ordinary time' step (slow pace) and 'quick march' (regular marching pace) ???

Viscount Holmes said:
what about Soldiers Arms Drill,  the British regulation Drill and Prussian and french?  Im not expecting the bots to do a complete manual drill of arms but it would be nice for once to have soldiers carry their muskets correctly at shoulder arms. that means a bent elbow for Prussian and French and a Straight arm for the Brits.

also any thoughts on synchronized marching in line or column. - 'Ordinary time' step (slow pace) and 'quick march' (regular marching pace) ???

The majority of that can only be modded through the game engine itself..

Volkonski said:
Yeah it's possible, it's called "Hold fire" and "use blunt weapons only".

Yeah, I know about that, but for some reason -in NW at least-, troops get stuck in bayonet mode every now and then, and wont switch back to musket.

Viscount Holmes said:

Sounds like something that would be remarkably difficult to do. This is complete guess work, but I'd assume animations are assigned to the type of weapon rather than individual weapons. If it is somehow possible to assign different animations to different weapons of the same type, it would be possible for the characters to hold them differently.

Just out of curiosity, I'm not too well educated in the era, were there any Pike or Halberd units still clinging on to someone's military during this war / will they be featured?

I think colour sergeants did, and their use was basically to protect the colours from enemy cavalry attacks.

Some Opolchenie units supposedly had pikes (but I don't think they saw combat with them and it wouldn't be appropriate for 1809 anyway).

On the bright side, once your soldiers discharge their ammunition all they have is a blade on a stick. Ie pike.

The true halberd was abolished by the British in the 1790s, but the spontoons the serjeants carried was still colloquially called a "halberd" for olde tymes' saeke.

At Borodino, the ratio of muskets to pikes in the Moscow militia was supposedly as low as 1 to 5. And the pikes they were issued were actually re-issues from the 1807 Opolchenie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom